Abuse or creative punishment?

9,193 Views | 32 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by MouthBQ98
Tanya 93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
A BSC mom is accusing her baby daddy's wife of child abuse.

They had been at their Dad's place the last month. And during the day, stepmom is home with all the kids, including step and half siblings.

Daughter decided she was on vacation and wasn't going to do chores since it isn't her house.

So she backtalked and cussed out stepmom.

Stepmom shot vinegar vfrom a spray bottle into her mouth every time she got into her face to tell her off or swear.

Apparently this upset the girl and mom brought her home early and is now trying to get a court order preventing her from ever being around the daughter without the father because she is a threat to her safety and is violating her right to expression.

Dad approves of the vinegar punishment and refuses to listen to baby momma.

I think the vinegar is brilliant as a non abusive punishment.
Another mom suggested the vinegar from pickled jalapenos. That would burn!
94DallasAG
AG
Was it apple cidar vinegar
Beer Baron
AG
I'm all for slapping annoying children with any kind of condiment.
HBCanine08
AG
What a ***tty parent. Should teach her kid to swear correctly because she's going to do it eventually anyways.
nai06
AG
There is actually a product you can buy for this. It's called Sassy Spray. Its basically some vinegar and vitamins.

So no, not abuse.
Flashdiaz
AG
nai06 said:

There is actually a product you can buy for this. It's called Sassy Spray. Its basically some vinegar and vitamins.

So no, not abuse.
put in Vitamins to hammer down the fact it's not bad for them... Brilliant!

FIDO*98*
AG
Not abuse, however, sounds like mom and stepmom are both BDC.
swc93
AG
mace works the first couple of times
redd38
AG
nai06 said:

So no, not abuse.
Does it have electrolytes?
Jackal99
AG
When we were little, my brother always used to get his mouth washed out with soap for swearing, or yelling at my mom, or generally being a miscreant. One time, my mom got so mad at him that she poured liquid Dawn down his throat. I started laughing even harder when bubbles came out of his mouth.

Oh, and f*** a little kid's freedom of expression when it comes to sassing or swearing at a parent.
Know Your Enemy
AG
A smack to the face would be better.
Lungblood
tl...dr... dont care... K thnx bi
GoneGirl
AG
Not something I would do, but since I drink a bottle containing apple cider vinegar every day, I wouldn't call it abuse.

Unless the spray got in the kids eyes. That might be different. It could cause corneal injury.

Would hope she's diluted it.
AggieRain
AG
We use Sassy Sauce at our house. Just a mixture of vinegar and water. Works great as a deterrent, and it is utterly harmless.

As an added bonus, the kids won't touch the salt and vinegar potato chips!
Scoopen Skwert
AG
I use my big boy voice and don't have to do stupid stuff like that.
ThatOneAg
I would have gotten a good belt whooping when my pops got home if I pulled that kind of *****

Kids these days. heh
Scoopen Skwert
AG
Serious question. Why all this need for "creative parenting?"

When in charge be in charge. You are the parent they are the child. They freak their stuff out you put them in their place. I'm not talking child abuse. I have probably spanked my kids once or twice each and that was for them doing something that put them in danger. Just raise your voice and use your presence to get them in line.

Too many dang parents patenting through medication these days.
mm98
AG
Depends. Was it organic vinegar?
Ogre09
AG
bh93 said:

Serious question. Why all this need for "creative parenting?"

When in charge be in charge. You are the parent they are the child. They freak their stuff out you put them in their place. I'm not talking child abuse. I have probably spanked my kids once or twice each and that was for them doing something that put them in danger. Just raise your voice and use your presence to get them in line.

Too many dang parents patenting through medication these days.

You've only spanked once or twice???
Scoopen Skwert
AG
Absolutely.

A knife hand and my big boy voice work nicely.
Ogre09
AG
Knife hand?
fta09
AG
Ogre09 said:

Knife hand?
Liquid Wrench
Jackal99 said:

When we were little, my brother always used to get his mouth washed out with soap for swearing, or yelling at my mom, or generally being a miscreant. One time, my mom got so mad at him that she poured liquid Dawn down his throat. I started laughing even harder when bubbles came out of his mouth.

Oh, and f*** a little kid's freedom of expression when it comes to sassing or swearing at a parent.
Holy *****

I got the bar of soap once or twice. It was not an effective deterrent.
Thomas Sowell, PhD
AG
Did she live in a double wide or single?
Thomas Sowell, PhD
AG
I got my mouth washed out with ivory bar soap once and it really was effective & not dangerous in the least bit. I was maybe 9.
vin1041
AG
Not abuse.
eeinhouston
Abuse. Kid could have gone blind by vinegar poisoning.
MouthBQ98
AG
You sure I wasn't your brother? My mom figured out liquid dish soap was the "killer app" for mouth washing. The second it hit your saliva it was all over the inside of your mouth, and really unpleasant.
wangus12
AG
Quote:

The second it hit your saliva it was all over the inside of your mouth, and really unpleasant.
Red Rover
AG
redd38 said:

nai06 said:

So no, not abuse.
Does it have electrolytes?
But what are electrolytes?

It's what they use to make Sassy Spray!
AggieAces06
AG
My sister-in-law used hot sauce for my niece and nephew. they didn't respond to spankings, so burning tongue it was.
Geralt of Rivia
S
AggieAces06 said:

My sister-in-law used hot sauce for my niece and nephew. they didn't respond to spankings, so burning tongue it was.

That sounds delicious
Mom Class of '03,'05 and '09
S
I got my mouth washed out for lying to Mom and she used her Dove facial bar...that 1/4 cleansing cream coats your mouth and you never forget it! It had to be 60 years ago or more and I haven't forgotten it or lied to anyone since then.

I washed out my son's mouth a couple of times for bad words and he remembers those times as well.

Make a rule, teach it, be consistent and follow through with punishment....be their parent and not their buddy!
MouthBQ98
AG
Bar soap was a food group for me around age 10. No challenge. We also got Tabasco sauce and the juice from pickled jalapeo. My brother subsequently started putting Tabasco on his hot dogs and burgers.

Nope, only liquid dawn was too nasty to handle, but still not quite a sufficient deterrent to stop my use of "colorful metaphor"
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.