Bill Nye Saves the World

7,690 Views | 76 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Mr. White
Guy on a Buffalo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Amazing Moves said:

Can you save the GB by posting another bikini pic?

reb,
AG
agaholic comes off the bench and knocks a single out into center field. Go-ahead run is now on first.

Hotties come in threes, he's going to need another couple to put this one in the books. I believe in him.
Guy on a Buffalo
AG
Turns out she and Taylor Swift are BFF's

?itok=XD2eglnN
AggieBand2004
AG
PatAg said:

AggieBand2004 said:

He and NDT are loud-mouthed jerkoffs. They hurt their causes, imo
What do you mean "their cause". You went to A&M and you are supposed to be educated. Their cause is cold hard facts.

People tend to give science too much credibility, too quickly.
Don't forget that "humors", planet Vulcan, and junk DNA were once "cold hard facts"
Liquid Wrench

Quote:

Sarah Palin type comments are particularly amusing.

Quote:

I've crossed paths with young earthers.
Ah, yes, a bunch of Sarah Palin type young earthers.

So edgy. So science-y.

Stick to bikini pics.
Woody2006
AG
SeattleAgJr said:

I stayed at a Holiday Inn express last weekend and I know more than BOTH of you.

FIFY
LupinusTexensis
Shari Lewis is dead, so that would be even weirder.
LupinusTexensis
Found a young earther!
B-1 83
AG
He did it on a 9th grade level because 90% of American adults understand science at that level.
Human
AG
In b4 Tanya's retort
Liquid Wrench
LupinusTexensis said:

Found a young earther!
No, but I might be willing to plant a dinosaur bone in your soil, iykwim.
KidDoc
AG
B-1 83 said:

He did it on a 9th grade level because 90% of American adults understand science at that level.
I think you are vastly overestimating most people's understanding of science.

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
B-1 83
AG
Touch.
reb,
AG
LupinusTexensis said:

Shari Lewis is dead, so that would be even weirder.
If Shari Lewis taught me anything its that a fist up ones backside animating the head and mouth of a soulless body can bring anything to singing, speaking life.

That goes for Shari.
Liquid Wrench
reb,
AG
AggieBand2004 said:

PatAg said:

AggieBand2004 said:

He and NDT are loud-mouthed jerkoffs. They hurt their causes, imo
What do you mean "their cause". You went to A&M and you are supposed to be educated. Their cause is cold hard facts.

People tend to give science too much credibility, too quickly.
Don't forget that "humors", planet Vulcan, and junk DNA were once "cold hard facts"
i know you believe this stuff. at least it works for you.

And you forgot leeching, aether, and phrenology in your list of damning evidence against science, which is important if you are the type of person that will only think in terms of infallibility, omniscience, perfection, unattainability...

The shoe fits. Irony: this pair gets bought up front and you don't get to have it. It's about having proper shoe-mindset, really. A personal relationship with the shoe, and ONLY that shoe (jealous shoe).

Really torturing that shoe analogy now so I'll stop.
AggieBand2004
AG
Who brought religion into this? I'm talking about Nye's idiotic defense of climate change as if it were far more understood than it really is.
And I'm pretty sure you agree with me on that subject. If you dont, I apologize.
AggieBand2004
AG
Nye and Degrasse-Tyson's "you're stupid if you don't agree with us" approach to people is actually a hindrance to the proper continuing development of science.
The Fife
Brennus said:

TV Casualty said:

chipotle said:

Fun fact: he's no more a scientist than I am aqua man.

Apparently, Nye has a Mechanical Engineering degree from Cornell and worked for Boeing.
I have an Aerospace AND a Mechanical Engineering degree from Texas A&M, work for Boeing. and Bill Nye was probably only a Systems engineer.

Worse... A Manufacturing Engineer! Glorified planning.
reb,
AG
AggieBand2004 said:

Who brought religion into this? I'm talking about Nye's idiotic defense of climate change as if it were far more understood than it really is.
And I'm pretty sure you agree with me on that subject. If you aren't, I apologize.
I didn't.

On Climate, probably. I don't actually have too much of an opinion of climate science these days since I realized the whole debate was pointless...fossil fuels ought to be burned even if the extreme 2 degree bedwetting predictions were a coin-flip risk.

That's a relief because tracking down climate pseudo-scientific malfeasance and fraud was exhausting, and they are better at making up new **** than I am at keeping track of it. I don't care if I ever hear the word "hockey stick" again.
reb,
AG
AggieBand2004 said:

Nye and Degrasse-Tyson's "you're stupid if you don't agree with us" approach to people is actually a hindrance to the proper continuing development of science.
I don't see it as much from Nye and NDT themselves but I stopped paying attention to them a while ago. The worst of it comes from the endless sycophants they've created and enabled. There is bullying from the pulpit there, abusing a position of trust to guilt honest folks into submission.
AggieBand2004
AG
Agreed
Liquid Wrench
They've replaced the dogma of zealots with.....dogma of zealots.
Athanasius
AG
I like him. He's a bit too bitter and nasty lately.

Also needs to appreciate philosophy more. It anchors all scientific pursuits.

Lately he seems to be making some strides here.
Ragoo
AG
reb, said:

AggieBand2004 said:

And I'm pretty sure you agree with me on that subject. If you aren't, I apologize.
I didn't.

On Climate, probably. I don't actually have too much of an opinion of climate science these days since I realized the whole debate was pointless...fossil fuels ought to be burned even if the extreme 2 degree bedwetting predictions were a coin-flip risk.

That's a relief because tracking down climate pseudo-scientific malfeasance and fraud was exhausting, and they are better at making up new **** than I am at keeping track of it. I don't care if I ever hear the word "hockey stick" again.
they must be burned. Without burning hydrocarbons the earth's population quickly sinks back to pre WW1.

Who would be in favor of that?
bmc13
AG
lupinus
BostonAg74
Everything you need to know about science can be learned from reading comments by anonymous people on the Internet.
Liquid Wrench

Quote:

the earth's population quickly sinks back to pre WW1.

Who would be in favor of that?
That sounds awesome.
PrincessButtercup
AG
lol @ Bill Nye as a credible source for basically anything.
one MEEN Ag
AG
riverrataggie said:

Man people here really hate Bill Nye.

Meh. I love the TV show growing up, he's just overreached from lovable 'guy who makes your kid interested in science' to 'expert on everything, shove liberal agenda as fact' guy.

He got destroyed a while back on climate change by climatologists. He went on a news network as an 'expert' and then couldn't even properly describe the weather phenomena he was supposed to be an expert in.

Him and NGT also have the same 'new wave, smug athiest' attitude. They are both staunch critics of religion and philosophy as a whole. It really highlights their narrow mindedness as they lack a sense of wonder and refuse to acknowledge holes in their world views.

Bottlehead90
AG
Never watched him

Beakman's World was better
cr0wbar
AG
wife and I watched first two episodes today this morning. Pretty meh
Charlie Delta
Bill Nye the Oompa Loompa of science!
CDUB98
AG
Yeah, great guy.

Quote:

Bill Nye "the science guy" says in a video interview released Thursday that he is open to the idea of jailing those who deviate from the climate change consensus.

Asked about the heated rhetoric surrounding the climate change debate, such as Robert F. Kennedy Jr.'s previous comments that some climate skeptics should be prosecuted as war criminals, Mr. Nye replied, "We'll see what happens."

"Was it appropriate to jail the guys from Enron?" Mr. Nye asked in a video interview with Climate Depot's Marc Morano. "We'll see what happens. Was it appropriate to jail people from the cigarette industry who insisted that this addictive product was not addictive, and so on?"

"In these cases, for me, as a taxpayer and voter, the introduction of this extreme doubt about climate change is affecting my quality of life as a public citizen," Mr. Nye said. "So I can see where people are very concerned about this, and they're pursuing criminal investigations as well as engaging in discussions like this."

Bill Nye, the science guy, is open to criminal charges and jail time for climate change dissenters

He was later forced to publicly backtrack a bit, but you know his actual opinion didn't change.

The anti-free speech and thought movements from progressives that are gaining momentum are just as bad as when religion silenced every dissenter. It is not progressive. It is regressive.
Mr. White

Fantastic show.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.