Bill Nye Saves the World

7,685 Views | 76 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Mr. White
LupinusTexensis
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'll preface this with that I agree with Bill Nye's stances, but I just watched the first few episodes while I was cleaning and wasn't impressed. He doesn't actually dive into any science beyond what you learn in 9th grade despite this show being directed at adults.

His OG show has more science and is more fun to watch.

Fun fact: the model on the show is dating Ivanka Trump's brother in law.

Thanks for reading.
jokershady
AG
Did he run out of money a few years ago?

Hadn't heard from him in ages, he guest stars on Big Bang Theory a few times and now all of a sudden he's relevant again?
Amazing Moves
Can you save the GB by posting another bikini pic?

Unemployed
AG
Bill Nye is a hack.
LupinusTexensis
How about a bikini pic from you?
Amazing Moves
LupinusTexensis said:

How about a bikini pic from you?
This would not save the GB.
Claude!
He's no Mister Wizard.
Amazing Moves
In all other seriousness, I agree with his stances on religion. He gets quite a bit of flack for being so outspoken and less qualified. I don't however agree with his stance on global warming being affected by humans at the rate they are selling. Extreme climate change has happened through out the world's history.
ClickClack
AG
Does this guy have any qualifications that most of us don't have? A reason I should care what he thinks?
riverrataggie
AG
ClickClack said:

Does this guy have any qualifications that most of us don't have? A reason I should care what he thinks?

Uh, he's on TV?
chipotle
Fun fact: he's no more a scientist than I am aqua man.
Fonzie Scheme
AG
I met Bill Nye several years ago when he was in Aggieland for something. I recall him being something of a foul-mouthed pervert.
riverrataggie
AG
Fonzie Scheme said:

I met Bill Nye several years ago when he was in Aggieland for something. I recall him being something of a foul-mouthed pervert.

Really makes you think doesn't it.
CDUB98
AG
Our-turn-to-rule
AG
Fake scientists to go with fake news
TV Casualty
AG
chipotle said:

Apparently, Nye has a Mechanical Engineering degree from Cornell and worked for Boeing.
Picadillo
Not a great spokesman for science, but really gets passionate about his anti-religion views.
AggieBand2004
AG
He and NDT are loud-mouthed jerkoffs. They hurt their causes, imo
SeattleAgJr
He is most definitely NOT a scientist, but plays one on TV.

Garbage piece of *****

And he is from Seattle, so no surprise on him being a ******bag and lib.
ViralAg
Nye is a hypocritical, far-left, climate-religious, feax-scientist piece of **** who has made the mistake of thinking anybody actually gives a **** about what he thinks. His allegiance is to liberal politics, not to unmanipulated scientific data. **** him.
HC
I honestly believe I could score better than Nye in engineering classes.
ViralAg
TV Casualty said:

chipotle said:

Apparently, Nye has a Mechanical Engineering degree from Cornell and worked for Boeing.

So that makes him an authority on religion and "climate change"? No. He's an idiot.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
TV Casualty said:

chipotle said:

I have an Aerospace AND a Mechanical Engineering degree from Texas A&M, work for Boeing. and Bill Nye was probably only a Systems engineer.
MECH Abe
AG
Many people my age regard him as an authority on all things science due to his popularity when we were in elementary/middle school. But he has a degree in mechanical engineering. I am as qualified to speak on science related matters as he is.
TV Casualty
AG
Brennus said:

TV Casualty said:

chipotle said:

I have an Aerospace AND a Mechanical Engineering degree from Texas A&M, work for Boeing. and Bill Nye was probably only a Systems engineer.

I have a degree in Mechanical Engineering and I wouldn't consider myself to be a scientist. I do however find it amusing how worked up people seem to get about Bill Nye these days.

The he's no more a scientist than Sarah Palin type comments are particularly amusing.
SeattleAgJr
I stayed at a Holiday Inn last weekend and I know more than BOTH of you.
HC
I don't get the holiday Inn joke! What is it referencing??
TV Casualty
AG
ViralAg said:

TV Casualty said:

chipotle said:

So that makes him an authority on religion and "climate change"? No. He's an idiot.

I never said that it made him an authority on anything. I merely looked up his qualifications and posted them.

Bobby Ewing
AG
How many luxury cars do you own?
riverrataggie
AG
Man people here really hate Bill Nye.
PatAg
AG
AggieBand2004 said:

He and NDT are loud-mouthed jerkoffs. They hurt their causes, imo
What do you mean "their cause". You went to A&M and you are supposed to be educated. Their cause is cold hard facts.
LupinusTexensis
He's for GMOs, vaccines, and protecting the environment. I don't get the blistering hate for him unless I've crossed paths with young earthers.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Oh Pat. You poor ignorant *****.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
reb,
AG
Bill Nye was a great ambassador for little kids to learn about science and how cool it was, when the biggest facts we could comprehend included how far away the earth would be if the sun was the size of a basketball.

That was it. It makes me sort of sad to see him prostitute the general accumulated goodwill he has from 90s kids. I feel let down by the universe, but I'm sure like benedict arnold, he feels theres good reason for all of this that he's doing. Regardless, I'm giving I'm keeping my happy memories and giving the finger to the geeky harlot.

I mean, imagine if lambchop (and shari) suddenly reappeared pushin drive-thru abortions at planned parenthood. No thank you.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.