Office breakroom debate

22,665 Views | 162 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by PseudonymK
Drawkcab
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This thread got funny.
chipotle
Scoopgate
G. hirsutum Ag
AG
I've got a lot of dog poop I need to get up in my backyard.....
Ghost91
Moses pic was taken down in less than 5 minutes. Not well received, I guess.

And a female coworker (yes, big cans) saw it before it came down and beelined to my office to ask if I was the one that put it up. I feigned shock, but I'm not sure that she bought it. Her words - "looked like your handiwork".
AgEng06
AG
Might as well make your way over to the "I got written up at work thread"...
WC87
AG
Your break room has an ice machine? Where do you work, Heaven?

I bet you guys **** on clouds.
Chazz03
AG
You better not puss out now. Time to double down
62strat
AG
WC87 said:

Your break room has an ice machine? Where do you work, Heaven?

I bet you guys **** on clouds.
My old job, we had an ice machine out in the shop for the laborers. You think that's heaven?

Inside the office we had a sonic ice dispenser.
Phrasing
AG
We just got a sonic ice dispenser in our break room. I'm the most hydrated son of a ***** within a three block radius. It is glorius.

Now back to Scoop's Life....
62strat
AG
Ghost91 said:

Moses pic was taken down in less than 5 minutes. Not well received, I guess.

And a female coworker (yes, big cans)..... Her words - "looked like your handiwork".
Did you get flustered and blurt out.. 'handjob at work? what?'
MonkeyKnifeFighter
ham98
MonkeyKnifeFighter said:

Take the scoop home over the weekend, encapsulate it completely into a block of solid ice.

Ice chest for transit. Then put block+scoop back into ice machine first thing Monday morning.
IIIHorn
MKF is good ....

REAL good.
AGTX
AG
I've never wished for Monday to get here on a Friday afternoon., but I can't wait to see what happens on Monday.
Drawkcab
AGTX said:

I've never wished for Monday to get here on a Friday afternoon., but I can't wait to see what happens on Monday.

I wouldn't lose any sleep from excitement. OP won't do anything after being confronted by alpha girl.
Ghost91
Drawkcab said:

AGTX said:

I wouldn't lose any sleep from excitement. OP won't do anything after being confronted by alpha girl.

Oh yeah?! Just for that, I'm going to do everything within my power to lose my job and impress all of you!!!
RC_57
AG
Reading this thread, I have never been prouder of alma mater
SaltwaterAg17
AG
Ghost91 said:

Oh yeah?! Just for that, I'm going to do everything within my power to lose my job and impress all of you!!!

I think they were serious...
BenFiasco14
AG
Ghost91 said:

So our office breakroom has an ice machine in it. The ice scoop has always been kept inside the ice machine, on top of the ice.

About a month ago, I noticed New Guy using a hell of a lotta ice. Seemed like everytime I went in there, he was putting ice in one of those muscle drink mixer bottles (he looks like one of those orange gay bodybuilders). I also noticed that he always put the ice scoop on top of some napkins on the counter, instead of back in the machine.

Last week I happened to be in there and he came in and beelined to the ice machine, opened it, and when he saw the scoop was inside he made a big dramatic huff & puff noise, shook his head to indicate his severe disappointment, etc. Very theatrical. Side note - I never use the ice machine, so whatever.

A couple of days ago I noticed that 'someone' had hung one of those little plastic sticky hooks on the wall and the scoop was hanging from it. Now today there's a (very colorful) sign on the door of the ice machine that reads, "Please do not put the scoop back in the ice machine! This is unsanitary!! Please use the hook!!!".

Went in there a few minutes ago, and some wise-ass has put a Post-It note next to his sign that says, "what if someone sneezes on the scoop while it's hanging there exposed to the elements instead of safely inside the machine?".

Now I have all kinds of questions - how is it inherently "unsanitary" to put it in the machine? Is it because someone has touched it, and now it's touching the ice? If so, then what good does hanging it up do, since it's just going to touch the ice again without being first washed the next time someone uses it anyway?
Well, we have a similar thing going on in my office. There is a little slot, inside the ice machine, where the scoop goes. However, some people ignore this slot (that is inside the machine, again) and just leaves the scoop within the ice.

Given this threads epicness, and the relevance - what do I do here?
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
Professor Frick
AG
Sorry, I didn't read this whole thread, but in both cases, as anyone recommended the rational play here, which would be to take a steamy dump in the ice machine to stir up more trouble?
80s Guy
Professor Frick said:

Sorry, I didn't read this whole thread, but in both cases, as anyone recommended the rational play here, which would be to take a steamy dump in the ice machine to stir up more trouble?
I was thinking a well placed pube taped to the handle...
Whens lunch
AG
Vacuum seal the scoop. Voila, the scoop always stays clean and never gets freezer burn.
bmc13
AG
so did OP ever do the ice block scoop prank?
PseudonymK
AG
FCBlitz said:

Take the scoop. Put down into your pants and rub it around all nice and good then put it back up on the wall. Repeat this 1x per week.

Use your own scoop from now on. Laugh at everyone one else.
If other people are using the pants scoop, won't you still use pants scoop ice?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.