Pokemon Go....little advice

40,518 Views | 295 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Geralt of Rivia
Ag_07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I had no idea this even existed until we saw a bunch of people walking around the park staring at their phones. There were some in large groups playing together and most were grown ass 20-30 somethings.

Went home and did some googling and found out about this stupid shlt.

Saw the same thing at a baseball game Sunday. Couple playing as they walk around the ballpark.

So in 2000 people wandering around staring at their phone meant they were looking for signal. Now it means they're looking for Pokemon.
chipotle
So this is digital cock fighting?
Duncan Idaho
****ing kids these days. Back in my day we didn't need to walk around to play video gsmes. We sat at home on our butts like god intended
mike_ags_fan12
For every adult 21+ that tells me they are playing the game, I reply with "I wish I was a teenager again."

Stupid waste of time.
boy09
AG
quote:
For every adult 21+ that tells me they are playing the game, I reply with "I wish I was a teenager again."

Stupid waste of time.
Sick burn. That'll show 'em...
Duncan Idaho
quote:

Stupid waste of time.

He said posting on a website dedicated year round to sharing fantasies and dreams about teenage boys playing schoolboy games in the fall.
Duncan Idaho
quote:
So this is digital cock fighting?

But with better shoes and worse music
mike_ags_fan12
quote:
quote:

Stupid waste of time.

He said posting on a website dedicated year round to sharing fantasies and dreams about teenage boys playing schoolboy games in the fall.

Sorry I offended you. Please tell me how many Pokemon have you caught?
Stat Monitor Repairman
So more people messing around with their phone while driving? Great. I'll bump this thread when we see our first pokemon related death later in the week.
Duncan Idaho
quote:
quote:
quote:

Stupid waste of time.

Not offended. I am proud to say that my niece and I caught a bunch this weekend. I learned a lot about the kid and what is going on in her life walking around my brother's neighborhood for an hour or so. Got to meet a few of her classmates and neighbors as well.

Hell of a lot more enjoyable and productive use of time than wistfully dreaming away the afternoon about some 16 year old boy is going to play a game for a year or two.
saw em off
quote:
Geocaching is awesome. One of the most fun things to do on a nice weekend.
Couldn't agree more. Though I don't get to do it nearly as often as I would like.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Any of yall been robbed or murdered yet?

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/jul/10/pokemon-go-armed-robbers-dead-body

quote:
"Using the geolocation feature," Stringer said, "the robbers were able to anticipate the location and level of seclusion of unwitting victims."
quote:
Wiggins said the discovery of a corpse would not deter her from returning to the game. "I might go get a water Pokmon," she told CNN. "I'm going to try."
That's the spirit, little girl!
AgsMyDude
AG
Maybe next time don't plant a valuable Pokmon in your yard.
mhayden
The running/biking trails are absolutely littered with people just standing in the middle of the trail with no awareness of what is around them, so that is really, really annoying.

But I've seen more people out on the trails the last week then I've ever seen. Walking around, meeting other people and smiling. Hard to hate on that.

Seems like Nintendo has done it again.
redd38
AG
quote:
Any of yall been robbed or murdered yet?

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/jul/10/pokemon-go-armed-robbers-dead-body

quote:
"Using the geolocation feature," Stringer said, "the robbers were able to anticipate the location and level of seclusion of unwitting victims."
quote:
Wiggins said the discovery of a corpse would not deter her from returning to the game. "I might go get a water Pokmon," she told CNN. "I'm going to try."
That's the spirit, little girl!
I thought i was going to be last night. There were a couple lures in a VERY dark and secluded part of the woods around Veteran's Park last night. I wasn't murdered, didn't catch any good pokemon either though :/
Scotty Flamingo
All you have to do is tap on them when they pop up on your map. You don't actually have to go up to them
Ag_07
AG
But I've also heard that even though it's gone viral the functionality of the app is downright awful.
Ghost91
Okay, I had never heard of this until I clicked on this thread. Out of curiosity, I downloaded the app. Fired it up,.....AND THERE WAS A FREAKING CARTOON ANIMAL SITTING ON MY DESK TAUNTING ME.

Seriously, I'm looking through my camera and there's my normal desk, papers and sh*t all over it....and this little yellow dude hopping up and down looking at me. I figured out how to throw a ball at him and got his ass.

Now I'm trying to fight the urge not to leave my office and walk down the hall where apparently the next one is lurking.

This is amazing.
swc93
AG
predators are going to love this game
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG

quote:
AND THERE WAS A FREAKING CARTOON ANIMAL SITTING ON MY DESK TAUNTING ME.
Geralt of Rivia
S
quote:
Predator has been catching these things for a long time already

Furlock Bones
AG
quote:
The running/biking trails are absolutely littered with people just standing in the middle of the trail with no awareness of what is around them, so that is really, really annoying.

But I've seen more people out on the trails the last week then I've ever seen. Walking around, meeting other people and smiling. Hard to hate on that.

Seems like Nintendo has done it again.
i was on town lake saturday and there was a group in the middle of the trail all on their phones. they didn't look like they were taking pictures but they kept looking around. i wonder if it was this stupid ****.
Charpie
AG
There was a Pokmon in my hotel room this morning.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
quote:
First thing I thought of when I read that article I linked.
Duncan Idaho
quote:
predators are going to love crappy parents that use this game as a babysitter

Fify.

Ignoring the fact that most predators are some one that is know and trusted by the family
concac
AG
It's a stupid mindless activity. No different than some of you who spent an inordinate amount of time posting messages to strangers on TexAgs.
haircut
AG
I feel like I know some of the TA posters and don't consider them strangers.
AgLA06
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Stupid waste of time.

Not offended. I am proud to say that my niece and I caught a bunch this weekend. I learned a lot about the kid and what is going on in her life walking around my brother's neighborhood for an hour or so. Got to meet a few of her classmates and neighbors as well.

Hell of a lot more enjoyable and productive use of time than wistfully dreaming away the afternoon about some 16 year old boy is going to play a game for a year or two.

HowdyOutbound
How long until we hear about the first death related to this game because a person walked off a cliff or something while staring at their phone?
classicdoug
AG
This has actually been going on for years with a game called Ingress. There are Ingress portals everywhere. You would be surprised at the number of people walking or driving around playing.
GoneGirl
AG
All I have to say is that my kids called me on Friday asking if they could take the dog for a walk.... A WALK....OUTSIDE!!!

They also went on two walks on Saturday...

What is it the meme says? It took Michelle Obama 8 years to convince people to run outside and be active. Nintendo did it in 24 hours.

Duncan Idaho
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Stupid waste of time.

Touche but I bet you can't find a single football related post from me.
AgLA06
AG
Don't worry, I don't care enough to look. That was just too perfect to pass up.
TexasRebel
AG
Which one of you took this?!

JimDandy
Pokmon Go doing more for childhood obesity in a weekend than Michelle O. did in 7.5 years.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.