Texas firefighter shoots 2 dogs on his property

32,986 Views | 299 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Thomas Sowell, PhD
FroggieBreath
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Reminds of another yellow Lab in Texas that was murdered by thugs.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2011/12/02/dog-killers-convicted-for-murdering-navy-seal-heros-beloved-companion/

A certain Texas hero, Aggie fan, and real man, Marcus Lutrell, took actions that woukd make any Texas Aggie or Horned Frog proud.

I'm a TCU grad but, not being mentally impaired, I find this Tim fella's actions cowardly, disturbing, petty, and thoroughly disgusting. Little kids may be grieving for these family pets. But the Big Badass showed them vicious beasts. Then he put on latex gloves and drove miles to dump the bodies of the Coyotes - I meant family pets.
FroggieBreath
Is your first name Tim, LungBlood? Do you have a heart? A girlfriend or did she leave you? Where did you get your Ag Tag? I'm embarrassed that you scammed it because I thought Aggies were loyal.

Lungblood
Applying the term "murder", to an animal, is asinine. You people have lost touch with reality.
FroggieBreath
Thank you LungBlood. That statement says all we need to know. Go murder some dogs with Michael Vick. Or whatever term you want to call it. Oh, and I'm relieved you're not an Aggie. My two Aggie siblings would vomit or throw up if you think vomit is imaginary or asinine.

If you want to have a beer with me and Marcus let me know. He'd love to hear your "asinine" theory in person.

Lungblood
What in the actual hell?
HossAg
AG
The **** did you just say?
Dad
AG
I have a neighbor with an aggressive dog that has gone onto my property to try and attack my little kid twice. Both times I ran and picked her up just before a bite and it backed off, but if it happens again I will kick the snot out of the stupid dog and I'd do it in front of the neighbor. I got an apology last time and since no harm was done I accepted it but I could see why someone could want to do something like that if their kid was being attacked and they had a touch of crazy.
Thomas Sowell, PhD
AG
There is no excuse for people aggressive dogs to be running loose, especially on a regular basis.
The Wonderer
AG
quote:
quote:
http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2015/02/26/constable-no-evidence-of-dogs-shot-by-firefighter-attacking-livestock/

Toast!

Except it's not on him to prove they were attacking the livestock if he's charged, is it? He said they were. What do they have to show he was lying?
Actually it is. It's called an affirmative defense. He admits to doing the crime, but he was justify in shooting them because they were allegedly attacking his livestock which is permissible under the statute. He must prove his justification just like someone who claims self defense after shooting someone.
Post removed:
by user
03_Aggie
Looks like they went ahead and charged him with two felonies:

quote:
Timothy Conatser, who served as a volunteer firefighter in Royse City, was booked in the Hunt County jail on two counts of felony animal cruelty charges Wednesday morning. A local constable had been
investigating the incident, which occurred last week.

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/article/Texas-firefighter-jailed-on-animal-cruelty-6114698.php
HossAg
Moon Bomber One
True story.
Out in the country,
Middle of nowhere, dark outside.

Hear strange noises -
Walk out to see the neighbor dog running away from an area of the farm.

Find my cat had her back broken and take her inside. She suffers, then dies.
VaultingChemist
AG
From comments contained in one of the articles about Conatser:
quote:
quote:
Heather
quote:
So I am actually from this area and lived a mile down the street from the Union Valley FD. I am very thankful for their service they had helped me a couple of times, very good people. The stray dog issue in this area is a huge problem. And people moving out there and not putting up a yard up to keep their dogs on their own land. I myself owned land and had sheep, goats, horses, chickens and dogs. I spent a lot of money putting up fences to try and keep my animals safe. My son and I bottle fed some baby lambs and came outside to find them shredded all over the property because the neighbors dogs had come over and killed them. I had on a number of occasions gone over to them and asked them to keep their dogs of my land and from chasing my sheep and tearing up my trash. They refused. We couldn't catch them and had taken stray dogs to the pound before and they would just take them down the hall to the gas chamber and I had to pay for the drop off. After about 10 dogs I just couldn't afford it. We then got a paintball gun and tried that. And it didn't work we came out and found all our sweet baby lambs in pieces all over the pasture and the dogs in there doing it. They had also gotten these babies out of my barn So all of this talk of he could have done something different or should have called animal control or waved his hands to run them off isn't an option. If I would have just shot the 2nd time they were on my property my animals would have been safe and my 7 year old son wouldn't have had to see his baby sheep ripped to shreds in the pasture when we went outside. He was traumatized, I was traumatized and my lambs were dead. I lived there for 8 years and it was a problem they whole time I was there. The only thing I can do is protect my animals the animals I chose to get and loved and raised Because the bad dog owners the drive out from the city and dump their unwanted dogs out there or neighbors that think it is ok that their dogs run the neighborhood, don't care or don't think about what their dogs are doing when they are running loose.

The Wonderer
AG
That person sounds like they don't know how to properly restrict access to livestock. Losing one or two, yeah stuff happens. That many different incidences, you don't know what you're doing.
bmc13
AG
moon bomber
marble rye
B-1 83
AG
quote:
He hasn't claimed anything. He won't talk to reporters. A friend of his said it was a calf in a wide open barn. Another person commented on FB that it was show rabbits. Another said it wasn't even at his house.
Calves, rabbits, chickens......it doesn't matter. A livestock killin/attacking dog will not stop until killed. If his story holds water, he is in the right. We've capped countless dogs around the ranches over the years.
Lungblood
quote:
That person sounds like they don't know how to properly restrict access to livestock. Losing one or two, yeah stuff happens. That many different incidences, you don't know what you're doing.

You seem to have an agenda. It's ok, so do I.
The Wonderer
AG
I really don't. We had property that dogs came on and told the owner we'd shoot on sight after his dog attacked one of mine.
Lungblood
And then ?
marble rye
AG
quote:
quote:
He hasn't claimed anything. He won't talk to reporters. A friend of his said it was a calf in a wide open barn. Another person commented on FB that it was show rabbits. Another said it wasn't even at his house.
Calves, rabbits, chickens......it doesn't matter. A livestock killin/attacking dog will not stop until killed. If his story holds water, he is in the right. We've capped countless dogs around the ranches over the years.

If his story held water and it was such a common problem, would he have gotten arrested?
The Wonderer
AG
They kept them fenced in. Never had another problem with them.
B-1 83
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

If his story held water and it was such a common problem, would he have gotten arrested?
Depends on what pressures were brought to bare.
marble rye
AG
A week long investigation, guy went underground due to public backlash, entire community is "country", but sheriff arrests him due to pressures? Ok.
B-1 83
AG
quote:
A week long investigation, guy went underground due to public backlash, entire community is "country", but sheriff arrests him due to pressures? Ok.
That much public backlash says it's not that country.
ursusguy
AG
I wouldn't consider it that "country". Plus, he'll have his day in court.
marble rye
AG
quote:
quote:
That much public backlash says it's not that country.

You're right. The entire internet isn't country.
ABATTBQ11
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
What exactly is the problem here? Seems ok to me.

You cannot shoot dogs. Period. It's against the law.
You call animal control.

It isn't important that he is a firefighter except volunteer or not, firefighters are public servants and expected to act accordingly. This guy didnt.

My brother is close friends w the sheriff in Hunt Co. and everyone has been emailing and calling about this guy getting arrested. haha.

Texas Penal Code 42.09 - Cruelty to Animals states:

(e) It is a defense to prosecution under Subsection (a)(5)
that the animal was discovered on the person's property in the act
of or immediately after injuring or killing the person's goats,
sheep, cattle, horses, swine, or poultry and that the person killed
or injured the animal at the time of this discovery.
(f) It is a defense to prosecution under Subsection (a)(8)
that the actor tripped the horse for the purpose of identifying the
ownership of the horse or giving veterinary care to the horse.
(g) It is a defense to prosecution for an offense under this
section that the person had a reasonable fear of bodily injury to
the person or to another by a dangerous wild animal as defined by
Section 822.101, Health and Safety Code.

So as long as you say it was attacking you or your animals you're fine shooting it.

Not entirely. You need to read the letter of the law. Rabbits are not covered, and that was his concern. He was also not being attacked.

Also, if other posters are to be believed, he lay in wait for them. Thus, it's illegal and he will face punishment under the law.
marble rye
AG
ABATT, don't argue with these people. Every person in the country had livestock and stray dogs are all lying in wait to attack them. Everyone is justified in shooting dogs, no questions asked.
Thomas Sowell, PhD
AG
Some dogs were wearing hoodies and had their pants sagging so you could see most of their boxer shorts.
meggy09
AG
Any different opinions from you moral savants on this story?

http://2coolfishing.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1360889
marble rye
AG
Don't try to restrain or catch dogs that aren't yours? I also don't see where in the story they shot the dogs and gloated about it. Law says the dog had to be returned to the owner. Take the owner to court for damages and medical costs.

I'm not such a dog advocate that there is no fault involved at all. Ultimately they will follow their instincts. The owner is at fault. As in this case and with the OP, the owner is responsible if his dogs caused harm. But the shooting of the dogs with no provable cause and then gloating about it on social media is what caused the issue here.

You have presented a scenario (like several that have posted their experiences) that isn't the same at all.
Thomas Sowell, PhD
AG
So the sick f@ck got arrested for FELONY animal cruelty. I'm happy. LungBlood can bail him out and then the two can go do God knows what together.
B-1 83
AG
A felony? The idiocracy is indeed here when a person can lose the right to vote after killing a dog.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.