any parents here brave enough to not vaccinate their child?

14,785 Views | 103 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by TX AG 88
GinaLinetti
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
I've been feeling a little autismy lately. Is there any way to unvaccinate myself?

No, but you will need to cut gluten and red dye from your diet.
Aries
quote:
quote:
Both my girls are not vaccinated. Let the freaking out begin!!!

Why?

Because Jenny McCarthy said it was bad...duuuuuh.
Predmid
AG
You are a bad person and you should feel bad.
Post removed:
by user
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
anaggieshusband
I do vaccinate my kid.
And she attends a home-school co-op.
And we go to Disney every year.
And we go to a pretty Jesusy church/ Sunday school 2 or 3 times a month.
AgCat93
AG
My son has Crohn's Disease and is on Humira. LIVE vaccines like flu mist, chicken pox, and shingles are a no-no. Other vaccines seem to be OK. He took a flu shot this year and ended up with a strain of the flu not in the vaccine.
G.I.Bro
quote:
I have a cloak. It's the most comfortable, warmest, easiest to wear cold weather "coat" I own. They need to make a comeback so I can wear it in public.

You never seemed like one to conform to society's standards.
JayAggie
AG
My kids thankfully have always been healthy and we've always spaced out vaccinnes as far as possible. We get the one in the hospital that they say they have to notify CPS if we don't get it, but then space out as far as possible and our pediatrician understands. Not messing with that formula until one them gets one of these diseases. Of course, they get viruses, fevers, etc like every kids but nothing major so why mess with success. My kids go to school, we may homeschool eventually, we don't make our own bread. Am I a freak?
combat wombat™
AG
measles anyone?
CoachB2
I know someone who has let the Internet raise their kids. Internet says lunch meat carries bacteria so the kids don't eat lunch meat. Constant paranoia. It's unbelievable.
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
quote:
My kids thankfully have always been healthy and we've always spaced out vaccinnes as far as possible. We get the one in the hospital that they say they have to notify CPS if we don't get it, but then space out as far as possible and our pediatrician understands. Not messing with that formula until one them gets one of these diseases. Of course, they get viruses, fevers, etc like every kids but nothing major so why mess with success. My kids go to school, we may homeschool eventually, we don't make our own bread. Am I a freak?
They actually don't recommend a delayed vaccination schedule, and there has been some decent quality evidence showing an increase in febrile seizures among children on delayed vaccine schedules. Also, there is absolutely no evidence that the delayed schedule is beneficial for children.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
AggieAces06
AG
Our little man got his 2 months shots on Wednesday. He's a champ and barely even cried.
True Anomaly
AG
quote:

Oh, there's no doubt
KidDoc
AG
quote:
quote:
They actually don't recommend a delayed vaccination schedule, and there has been some decent quality evidence showing an increase in febrile seizures among children on delayed vaccine schedules. Also, there is absolutely no evidence that the delayed schedule is beneficial for children.
From a Dr Ag yup this seems to be true.

The "alternative" schedule seems to be more dangerous.

And for my favorite short, and fairly rude(language), video about parents "brave enough" to not vaccine.. here is a link.

That being said I am not the parent of my patients and it is up to their parents to make the final decision. I will be happy to consult with them of the latest medical evidence and what I did with my own children but I do not make the call for their offspring.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
cslifer
Gotta love the "brave" people that don't understand/believe science. And no, that crap that Jenny McCarthy spews is not science. I respectfully ask all those "brave" souls to take a brief look into how smallpox was eradicated. Warning, you may have to take off the tin foil hat first.
BurnetAggie99
I vaccine all my kids, we do the delayed Dr. Sears schedule. The whole 25 shots in 15 months of a babies life is a little extreme imo and that's my right as a American. We also use additive & preservative free vaccines. Our pediatrician orders only those types of vaccines. She great pediatrician who also is also the chief pediatrician at the Dell's Children's hospital in Austin. Also the amount of aluminium in vaccines is alarming. Aluminum is a brain toxin.

Even a study in Pediatrics, the official journal of the American Academy of Pediatrics, admitted that:

"Aluminum is now being implicated as interfering with a variety of cellular and metabolic processes in the nervous system and in other tissues."

According to the FDA, the maximum amount of allowable elemental aluminum is 850 mcg per vaccine. How was this limit determined? When investigating the FDA regulations on aluminum, one can discoverer that the limitation of 850 mcg per vaccine is based on the effectiveness of the adjuvant and has nothing to do with limitations based on safety! So although 850 mcg of aluminum may be "legally" safe in a vaccine, this is based solely on the efficacy of the vaccine, NOT on any safety data whatsoever.

With that in mind, Pediatrix is a combination vaccine, which contains the full legal limit: 850 mcg of elemental aluminum.

The average aluminum content per vaccine ranges between 200 to 400 mcg, but if your child receives multiple vaccines at one time, which is common, the dose will rise much higher. Based on the number of vaccines given, children today are receiving 17 shots that contain aluminum, compared to four vaccines in the 1970s into the mid-80s. The milligram dose of childhood explosure to aluminum in vaccines has more than doubled in that time.

Also after watching my mom fight stage 4 non Hodgkin's lymphoma and listening to the Doctor's at MD Anderson say cancer research has shown the amount of pollutants we are exposed to in the environment and plus the amount of preservatives & additives that are found in things we put in our bodies are causing a alarming rate of cancer and other diseases, I feel one must do Independent research and do what's best for his family and it's my God right as a American to do so.
cslifer
Your pediatrician is a pediatric cardiologist?
The current chief of staff is a cardiologist...kind of strange choice for a pcp...
BurnetAggie99
I didn't say Cheif of staff, I said chief Pediatrician which means was head Pediatrician.
His Bio: He received his undergraduate degree at Colgate University and his medical degree at the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine. His pediatric residency was completed at the University of Southern California School of Medicine. After a brief tour in the United States Air Force in Southeast Asia, he began practice in 1973. He has also worked as a geneticist and a hospitalist.

He has won the Community Pediatric Faculty Member of the Year Award voted on by the pediatric residents at Dell Children's Medical Center of Central Texas three times and was recently listed as a "Super Doc" by Texas Monthly. He has also been recognized by US News and World Report as one of America's Top Doctors. This is a peer-nominated distinction. He is a Clinical Assistant Professor at UT Southwestern and has a special interest in teaching pediatric residents. He lives in Austin with his wife, Dory, and their two Scotties, Katie and Gordon.
cslifer
Sorry for the misunderstanding, I assumed since it is a children's hospital you meant the chief of staff.
On a side note, it appears that everything you posted about the aluminum in vaccines is word for word off of the mercola.com website, literally the first thing that pops up in Google. The same website also advocates the use of " emotional freedom technique" to handle chronic anxiety and some obviously bs "detox diets". Though I have to say I found the article on "DIY cat toys" exciting, it is obviously not a legit medical reference. So, find some REAL research and get back to us. I know you cited a study that was published in the journal of the AAP but that does NOT mean the AAP takes that position. If the above mentioned doctor actually subscribes to that crap, all I can say is thank god he isn't caring for my kids.
BurnetAggie99
Austin has a a lot of great pediatrician's in the area.
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
quote:
I vaccine all my kids, we do the delayed Dr. Sears schedule. The whole 25 shots in 15 months of a babies life is a little extreme imo and that's my right as a American. We also use additive & preservative free vaccines. Our pediatrician orders only those types of vaccines. She great pediatrician who also is also the chief pediatrician at the Dell's Children's hospital in Austin. Also the amount of aluminium in vaccines is alarming. Aluminum is a brain toxin.

Even a study in Pediatrics, the official journal of the American Academy of Pediatrics, admitted that:

"Aluminum is now being implicated as interfering with a variety of cellular and metabolic processes in the nervous system and in other tissues."

According to the FDA, the maximum amount of allowable elemental aluminum is 850 mcg per vaccine. How was this limit determined? When investigating the FDA regulations on aluminum, one can discoverer that the limitation of 850 mcg per vaccine is based on the effectiveness of the adjuvant and has nothing to do with limitations based on safety! So although 850 mcg of aluminum may be "legally" safe in a vaccine, this is based solely on the efficacy of the vaccine, NOT on any safety data whatsoever.

With that in mind, Pediatrix is a combination vaccine, which contains the full legal limit: 850 mcg of elemental aluminum.

The average aluminum content per vaccine ranges between 200 to 400 mcg, but if your child receives multiple vaccines at one time, which is common, the dose will rise much higher. Based on the number of vaccines given, children today are receiving 17 shots that contain aluminum, compared to four vaccines in the 1970s into the mid-80s. The milligram dose of childhood explosure to aluminum in vaccines has more than doubled in that time.

Also after watching my mom fight stage 4 non Hodgkin's lymphoma and listening to the Doctor's at MD Anderson say cancer research has shown the amount of pollutants we are exposed to in the environment and plus the amount of preservatives & additives that are found in things we put in our bodies are causing a alarming rate of cancer and other diseases, I feel one must do Independent research and do what's best for his family and it's my God right as a American to do so.
Look, I completely understand the concern for your children's wellbeing, and I love that you continue to vaccinate despite your concerns; however, there are many things in your post that I disagree with. For one, the idea that it is your right to choose what is best for your child, while fine in the case of delayed vaccinations although very questionable, is often a sentiment parroted by anti-vaxxers and is demonstrably false. To claim one has a right to deny their child vaccinations is also claiming that you have a right to put at-risk members of our society at greater risk.

As for the aluminum. Do you realize that your baby consumes nearly that amount in their formula daily? Do you realize that these vaccines must undergo years of clinical trials to demonstrate safety and efficacy. As the poster above said, much of what you posted is directly from mercola, which is a terrible resource for medical information. I would encourage you to look at resources from established institutions in the medical community like Mayo Clinic, CHOP, Etc. and refrain from looking at "health news" websites.
TMoney2007
AG
quote:
Sorry for the misunderstanding, I assumed since it is a children's hospital you meant the chief of staff.
On a side note, it appears that everything you posted about the aluminum in vaccines is word for word off of the mercola.com website, literally the first thing that pops up in Google. The same website also advocates the use of " emotional freedom technique" to handle chronic anxiety and some obviously bs "detox diets". Though I have to say I found the article on "DIY cat toys" exciting, it is obviously not a legit medical reference.
So, quackery?

I could've guessed as much.
BurnetAggie99
All my kids where breast feed. No formula was ever given. The government has no business telling parents how to raise there kids including vaccines. If a parent chooses not to vaccine their kids, that's their right and none of my business. I only worry about my family. I'm 100% conservative and believe that maintaining those individual freedoms, even if I disagree with it.
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
Breast milk contains aluminum, as well. And I doubt I can convince you otherwise, but read up on herd immunity. It is grossly irresponsible as a member of society to put others at risk in the name of "personal freedom".
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
I actually really like this comic that demonstrates the absurdity of those that are against vaccines.

Link
FOUR THIN INCHES
AG
quote:
Breast milk contains aluminum

Interesting, I wonder how much you can get for breastmilk at the scrap yard.
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
Probably depends on the aesthetics of the delivery system
BurnetAggie99
Breast milk contains the smallest amount possible. Our pediatrician said breast milk contains 40mcg/L aluminum or less. Formulas contains between ~225mcg/L and ~500mcg/L depending on brand. 1% of each of those amounts equals .4 mcg, 2.25 mcg, and 5 mcg. So their kidneys only have to filter about .4 to 5mcg of aluminum from daily milk/formula consumption with breast milk being the lowest & most healthy.

So if your not using additive & preservative free vaccines, then 100% of injected aluminum has to be filtered by the kidneys. So, the amount of aluminum in vaccines is not just 'a drop in the bucket' compared to consumed aluminum.

.4 mcg - 5 mcg of aluminum from food sources pales in comparison to the 295 - 1225 mcg a child could receive in one day from vaccines, The exact amount depends on the brands given. The FDA says the toxic dose of aluminum for an adult is 350 mcg or .350 mg.

Also if you do independent research you can find that Big Pharma lobbyist buy the votes on the CDC to increase the number of vaccines. If you notice England's, Japan's, Sweden and many other countries require fewer vaccines but also have strict regulations on additives & preservatives that go into vaccines. Other countries literally have about 12 vaccines in the babies first 15 months, where CDC requires 25. Some of those are not necessary in the first 15 months and can be given at a later more appropriate age.

FOUR THIN INCHES
AG
So you're saying you're not gonna get good scrap prices for it?
BurnetAggie99
Usually not any left to sale
Aries
Just curious if you feel the government/CDC should be able to tell someone how to treat their TB. You know they will send someone to your house to watch you take your meds & if aren't compliant, watch out.

Some would say that infringes on people's right. Too bad people don't have the right to willing infect other people just because they don't feel like taking some medications.
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
quote:
Breast milk contains the smallest amount possible. Our pediatrician said breast milk contains 40mcg/L aluminum or less. Formulas contains between ~225mcg/L and ~500mcg/L depending on brand. 1% of each of those amounts equals .4 mcg, 2.25 mcg, and 5 mcg. So their kidneys only have to filter about .4 to 5mcg of aluminum from daily milk/formula consumption with breast milk being the lowest & most healthy.

So if your not using additive & preservative free vaccines, then 100% of injected aluminum has to be filtered by the kidneys. So, the amount of aluminum in vaccines is not just 'a drop in the bucket' compared to consumed aluminum.

.4 mcg - 5 mcg of aluminum from food sources pales in comparison to the 295 - 1225 mcg a child could receive in one day from vaccines, The exact amount depends on the brands given. The FDA says the toxic dose of aluminum for an adult is 350 mcg or .350 mg.

Also if you do independent research you can find that Big Pharma lobbyist buy the votes on the CDC to increase the number of vaccines. If you notice England's, Japan's, Sweden and many other countries require fewer vaccines but also have strict regulations on additives & preservatives that go into vaccines. Other countries literally have about 12 vaccines in the babies first 15 months, where CDC requires 25. Some of those are not necessary in the first 15 months and can be given at a later more appropriate age.

You are operating under the assumption that renal excretion is 100% which is incorrect. You get more total retained aluminum through a years worth of breast milk and food consumption than you do through vaccinations.

Also, where is your evidence for any of your last paragraph other than the differences between the US and Sweden? Which, BTW, likely has a lot more to do with the US's obsession with personal freedom by not creating a universal healthcare system than it does some sort of corruption. We want our vaccination schedules to be as close to 100% effective at retaining immunity as it will get, England is fine with 95% efficacy because they have to cut costs somehow. Also, the US has strict regulations on additives, as well. I also wonder where you derive the authority to claim what an appropriate age for vaccination is.
BurnetAggie99
The reason we have more shots than other countries is because of phrama companies making money. The pharmaceutical companies, FDA, and CDC should not be trusted to make and regulate safe vaccines. The primary goal of pharmaceutical companies is to sell drugs and make a profit.

William Posey, Congressman (R-FL), stated in an Apr. 8, 2014 interview, "The incestuous relationship between the public health community and the vaccine makers and government officials should not be allowed to continue. I mean, you know, too many top CDC personnel go to work for the vaccine makers when they leave. That's a revolving door that creates a serious conflict of interest and perverts incentives that compromise integrity." Julie Gerberding, President of Merck Vaccines, was the CDC director from 2002-2009.

A vaccine for Lyme disease, LYMErix, was licensed by the FDA and marketed for almost four years before being pulled from the market after several class action lawsuits were filed due to a potential causal relationship to autoimmune arthritis. Rotashield, a vaccine for rotavirus (RV), was pulled from the market by the manufacturer nine months after it was introduced after it was discovered that the vaccine might have contributed to higher instances of intussusception (bowel obstruction).

Some diseases that vaccines target are relatively harmless in many cases and not life threatening, thus making vaccines not mandatory and be left up to the parent & pediatrician guidance . The chickenpox is often just a rash with blisters and can be treated with acetaminophen, cool compresses, and calamine lotion. Rotavirus can normally be treated with hydration and probiotics.

The government should not intervene in personal medical choices. Medical decisions for children should be left to the parents or caregivers. Barbara Low Fisher, Co-founder of National Vaccine Information Center, stated, "If the State can tag, track down and force citizens against their will to be injected with biological products of known and unknown toxicity today, there will be no limit on which individual freedoms the State can take away in the name of the greater good tomorrow."

Ron Paul, former US Representative (R-TX), in an Oct. 19, 2011 article, "Government Vaccines Bad Policy, Bad Medicine," stated, "intimately personal medical decisions should not be made by government Freedom over one's physical person is the most basic freedom of all, and people in a free society should be sovereign over their own bodies. When we give government the power to make medical decisions for us, we in essence accept that the state owns our bodies."

Like I said in my first post, I vaccinate my kids and we go to a outstanding pediatrician. We do research ourselves and also go by guidance of our Doctors. We use preservative & additive free vaccines. We also eat healthy growing & raising most of our own food on my ranch that's been in my family since 1920. We watch & limit what we put in our bodies and exercise routinely.
PrincessButtercup
AG
I care far less about what politicians say about vaccines than what doctors say about vaccines.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.