46 shots fired, 14 hits, 1 dead man, 0 charges....

4,786 Views | 71 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by ursusguy
96ags
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Milton Hall shooting

I just don't understand this...
mrad85
AG
When will people learn to do what the police tell you to do? If you want to beech and whine, or pull a knife like this idiot, while they have guns pointed at you is probably NOT the best time.
mrnegative
46 shots on anyone is too much no matter the situation
ballchain
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Serve & Protect as always, boys.
MasterAggie
AG
quote:

You would be 100% incorrect. Only 14 hits in 46 shots is absolutely pathetic though.
The Wonderer
AG
quote:
quote:

You would be 100% incorrect. Only 14 hits in 46 shots is absolutely pathetic though.
+1
aggieswyn3
Good riddance.
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
Dude was mentally ill and it was a ****ing pen knife. They straight up executed this guy and it's happening WAY too much across the country. I'm really sick of these murderers getting off.
MSCAg
AG
Good grief, there are 8 officers and the guy is armed with a pocket knife.

That is also pathetic accuracy at that range.
Beer Baron
AG
If you're not doing anything wrong, you don't have anything to worry about.
Post removed:
by user
rjamizon
I'm going to save this article to throw at the next idiot that claims only police should be able to carry guns "because they've got the training". Yeah, no.
The Wonderer
AG
quote:
I'm going to save this article to throw at the next idiot that claims only police should be able to carry guns "because they've got the training". Yeah, no.
Here's another one:
2013 NYPD Shooting
Thomas Sowell, PhD
AG
The police were clearly well-trained and outnumbered. He was rushing to slaughter the police with the huge machete and was just a few feet away. "To Serve and Protect."
AggieJason
AG
quote:

+1
Best logic in this thread.
Thomas Sowell, PhD
AG
I was caught going 35 miles an hour in a 30 mile per hour zone. The officer shot me three times in the face with a bazooka. I guess if I wasn't doing anything wrong I shouldn't have anything to worry about.
saber69
AG
I have been meaning to post this :

quote:
Niven's First Law
1a) Never throw **** at an armed man.
1b) Never stand next to someone who is throwing **** at an armed man.You wouldn't think anyone would need to be toldthis. It dates from the Democratic National Convention of 1968. -Larry Niven
85Photon
AG
Hit rate <33%. Fire them. Hire Texas Rangers.
Pro Sandy
AG
quote:
"As long as he was on his medication and all, he did fine. It was when he wasn't on his medication that he was impatient. He'd sometimes become intolerant," Jewel told the ACLU. "But when he was on his medication, he maintained.
Something tells me he wasn't on his medicine that day. If you are his mother and you know that he isn't stable when he is not on his medicine, wouldn't you make sure that he is on his medicine knowing something like this could happen because of his mental illness and "intolerance?"

Not saying he deserved it, but mentally ill people need better treatment than to be roaming the streets without their medicine.
ChoppinDs40
AG
tell me why they couldn't disable him with rubber bullets or beanbags? or a fkin taser.

Most cops are meatheads that couldn't get into college that want still want to abuse and bully people.
Beer Baron
AG
quote:
If you are his mother and you know that he isn't stable when he is not on his medicine, wouldn't you make sure that he is on his medicine knowing something like this could happen because of his mental illness and "intolerance?"
Just to be clear, by "something like this," you mean "shot at 46 times, and hit 14 times, by people who also have an incapacitating device that wouldn't kill you?" Yep, definitely mom's fault instead of the cops'.
Husky Boy Jr.
AG
Dunn Hall>Milton Hall
saber69
AG
What happened to tranquilizer dart thingys ?
Technology to sedate someone ?

Why is it that law enforcement has to kill people who don't' do what they say. If the guy is not pointing a gun or bow or such at you, and threatening you or others with bodily harm, why is it necessary to kill them ?

I know that I sound like a liberal, but how does "Protect & Serve" translate to "Do whatever I tell you, or I (we) will just kill you ?
Furlock Bones
AG
saber,

people have been brainwashed by decades of "tough on crime" politicians. so, they don't mind a couple...dozen executions by the police.
Beer Baron
AG
quote:
I know that I sound like a liberal, but how does "Protect & Serve" translate to "Do whatever I tell you, or I (we) will just kill you ?
Why would expecting cops not to kill people unnecessarily be a liberal stance?
The Wonderer
AG
quote:

Why is it that law enforcement has to kill people who don't' do what they say. If the guy is not pointing a gun or bow or such at you, and threatening you or others with bodily harm, why is it necessary to kill them ?

I believe the story stated that a K9 officer charged the man and he pulled out a pocket knife in response. So he "technically" threatened a peace office allowing deadly force. Gotta love LEO semantics....
ABATTBQ11
AG
quote:
Beer Baron
AG
I see Wendy Davis stole your sarcasm detector when she raped your puppy.
ABATTBQ11
AG
quote:
+1
Best logic in this thread.
Not just mine then, it seems. That thieving ho...
Bocephus
AG
If you make sure your schizophrenic son takes his meds regularly, the odds of him having a negative experience with the police decrease exponentially. I will never understand why the number of rounds fired means anything. They are shooting to end the threat. Follow the orders or the police and you will likely never get shot. Pull a knife on them, and you probably will.
19 inch cobra
quote:

That's actually a classical conservative stance, which was for small government and expansive civil liberties, before the modern day republicans hijacked the term.

Liberals want a police state where every part of our lives, with the exception of sexual orientation and abortion, is subject to strict regulation, enforceable by a bunch of 9th grade-educated dopes with guns and fast cars.
Beer Baron
AG
quote:
They are shooting to end the threat.
That 14th bullet certainly did the trick. The other 13 were just practice I guess.
Post removed:
by user
The Wonderer
AG
quote:
quote:
They are shooting to end the threat.
That 14th bullet certainly did the trick. The other 13 were just practice I guess.
While I know you are trolling, LEOs are not trained to fire one shot, wait and see what results, and then fire more/another shot to repeat the process. They are taught to continue firing until the threat is neutralized.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.