RECENTLY SCAMMED!? (Update July 2024)

14,185 Views | 74 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by GA Aggie
Spam1997
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Beware of someone emailing with this email -

Chris Moore <mmk_dds.1100@aol.com>

He tried to sell me "Season RV Tickets Lot A mid week" for $450
SpartanAg1618
AG
Just was scammed by someone saying they were Tex117. Not sure if this is actually Tex117. I tried to message Tex117 but they do not have a premium account, they do have an agtag. I also tried to message them on a recent post they were active on but got no response. I transferred the funds over 4 hours ago and no electronic tickets have been sent. They keep messaging me from this email: jakesterja03@gmail.com with excuse after excuse.

Would love to know if this is actually tex117 or someone who just lifted their screen name.

This is the information they provided for Zelle:

reederlaurie644@gmail.com

Laurie Reeder

Apparently this was their spouses account.

Also provided the option to Venmo to this account:

@carloscooley

Last four digits: 1415

Responded to my post looking for tu tickets as I'm AD Navy and a former student trying to take my parents to their first game, as I'll be home for Thanksgiving, so they got $3400 from me for 4 tickets. Yall have fun at the game because they took everything we had for this.
Aggie09Derek
AG
What made you believe it was that poster besides someone emailing you saying they were them?

Tons of red flags there - 3 different names
SpartanAg1618
AG
This is a forum intended to warn people about scams, which is why I am reporting this. I did not post to hear a lecture about red flags, as I already feel crappy enough about the situation. I have never had an issue purchasing tickets on the ticket forum until this transaction. This will be the last time I do that.
Aggie09Derek
AG
Not trying to lecture. Trying go help future people.

Scammers suck, genuinely sorry that happened to you.
ericchurchill
I'm class of '91. How do you get an AgTag?
Irish 2.0
ericchurchill said:

I'm class of '91. How do you get an AgTag?

You link it from your TexAgs profile.
SandmanAg
AG
Scammers trying hard. Weird since Steve already transferred the tickets to ME.

Hahaha , if the other sales DIDN'T fall through why would Steve be reaching out to me... Again, nobody should be falling for these weak attempts
Mack Brown on a Mobile
AG
If you come across someone who identifies as Anthony Commander (Zelee), Phone 914-363-0097, email jolly2072@outlook.com, he is a Scammer. I was busy and missed a cople of warning signs. Sent him some money, he promised to transfer tickets multiple times, did not. Was able to cancel payment. He also might use email nosmok3420@gmail.com. He could not answer any lefitimate questions affter I was alerted to him.
Jangleleg
Scam Alert Scam Alert Scam Alert Scam Alert

+1 (979) 600-5761
He has tried to sell different tickets in different sections to different games. He uses the same intro and text message

This number is a burner number and when I reverse call no answer. I've asked person to text and call, but no reply.

Howdy, found out I won't be available for the McNeese game because of my work schedule, so I'm looking to sell our season tickets because my wife wouldn't want to go alone. I have them in section ZC9, Row 9 seat 5&6, and I have a lot H parking pass as well, asking for $280 for the package, let me know if you're interested in purchasing them.
409Texag
They are out on Facebook! I had fun wasting ones time today.
OnlyForNow
AG
Adding scammers

Lisa_Hannah - +1 (201) 942-5036

+1 (210) 319-6569
drwong
AG
If you're selling tickets, be aware that there are legit Ags that buy on here and then flip them.
sushi94
AG
Not sure if it matters but Zelle has unenrolled my scammer William Chung
TrueAg86
AG
Another scammer:

Claimed name: DesaRae Martin
Phone: 979-429-3744
Requested PayPal email: doro_palmer1@gmail.com
sushi94
AG
So they just changed names from William Chung.
TwoGloves
AG
Add this one to your highly sus list... sent me a private message and joined today.

Larrymicty
ShawnTxAg
AG
Had PM Sent to me from agggierichard and said to email his friend selling parking passes. a Scott Jones responded to the email and wanted payment up front. Not sure if a scam, but refused for me to pay at pick up
aggieeng83
AG
agggierichard is same spammer as Larrymicty…
aggieeng83
AG
Dapp99 @ (713) 810-6032 also Spammer
Ags2013
AG
Yup, got a DM from AgggieRichard yesterday. Beware.
Aggie09Derek
AG
That's why they need to make when you get a DM from someone you can click their username and see profile easily.
L8HIT
AG
drwong said:

If you're selling tickets, be aware that there are legit Ags that buy on here and then flip them.

So fng infuriating. Good Ags trying to save other good Ags high fees from ticket services just for their profit.
The blood of the covenant is thicker than the water of the womb.
80-RAB
AG
Heads up and beware of 979-231-5696

Just tired to sell me a ZC4 to the ND game for $200. alarm bells went off when he texted that he was from class '82 and when I called to discuss payment he had a very heavy accent and could communicate a thought. He said he was Burrys86 which was the second warning sign , 82 or 86?
drwong
AG
L8HIT said:

drwong said:

So fng infuriating. Good Ags trying to save other good Ags high fees from ticket services just for their profit.
Doubly infuriating when they're sold to drunk fans of the opposing team.
CCred92
AG
Glad I saw this. Just got a DM from him.

Thanks
kyles7
AG
Seems I just got scammed out of $400 by "FierceAggie". I sent him the money over 2 hours ago now, and still no tickets. Hopefully a misunderstanding, but very frustrating.
agywife
AgggieRichard still at it. Trying to get me to email his friend sccott896@gmail
Jangleleg
Scam Alert Scam Alert Scam Alert Scam Alert

+1 (979) 600-5761
He has tried to sell different tickets in different sections to different games. He uses the same intro and text message

This number is a burner number and when I reverse call no answer. I've asked person to text and call, but no reply.

Used same scam

"Howdy, found out I won't be available for the McNeese game because of my work schedule, so I'm looking to sell our season tickets because my wife wouldn't want to go alone. I have them in section ZC9, Row 9 seat 5&6, and I have a lot H parking pass as well, asking for $280 for the package, let me know if you're interested in purchasing them."
HersheyMonroe
914 363 0097

I put my phone number on another Aggies' WTS post for McNeese game. Received text from this number. Said he would mail the tickets. Game starts in 3 hours
AgsMnn
AG
What about someone who joined 2 years ago and only recently started posting?

Has stars but no Ag tag.

Has only posted 6 times on this board.
CCred92
AG
AgsMnn said:

What about someone who joined 2 years ago and only recently started posting?

Has stars but no Ag tag.

Has only posted 6 times on this board.

2 years on the premium board I would say is ok. But just a regular I would be a little more concerned.
AgsMnn
AG
Has only posted 6 times in all.
Aggie09Derek
AG
What is username? If you are worried I would likely pass.
CCred92
AG
But if they are paying monthly for 2 years they probably are not scamming people. I didn't post much the first several years either. But better safe than sorry
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.