Scam Alert

931 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Another Doug
znavarro009
How long do you want to ignore this user?
DO NOT buy from this email: s6118640@gmail.com. The name on the email is Susan. They will provide a Zelle account claiming that its their daughters. The number this email gave was 667-253-1179. The name on the Zelle account is Maria Colon.
AggieAces06
AG
Just curious, what kind of tickets were you trying to buy?

The scammers are already out in Facebook for the George Strait concert.
znavarro009
I was trying to buy tickets to the baseball game this Saturday.
tamc93
AG
I don't know what kind of tickets you want, but you can still get GA tickets from the 12th Man.

Always buy from someone with a trusted history.
FJB, FPA, and FAZ
Another Doug
AG
tamc93 said:

I don't know what kind of tickets you want, but you can still get GA tickets from the 12th Man.

Always buy from someone with a trusted history.
And don't post your email saying you want to buy tickets, you are just asking to be scammed.
Aggie09Derek
AG
You can and should (too many people don't post any contact info and no one can let them know); just when someone reaches out have them post on the thread.
AggieCrew44
AG
Simple tips
Start with Ag tag although not perfect
Send message by PM. Worth the cost of membership.
Don't post your number on the forum use PM
If they text you (scammer will text with great timing of your post) have them post a code (word/number of your choosing) in the original post.
Finally look at number. Multiple posts by members with typical numbers for scam alerts
Hope this helps.
cheeky
AG
Well ****. Susan must have got me, too. Venmo kept getting canceled today so I Zelled and haven't heard anything since. Zelled to "her grandson," Luis Crusett.

Same email. Cell # 512-889-8601. I asked "her" to post on my thread and said she couldn't because she was at hospital with dad in crisis. So I asked for a screenshot of the 12th Man app tickets, which I received.
Section 110, Row 6 for Auburn this Friday. That is some next level scamming right there. I can only wish rectal cancer upon this POS.
cheeky
AG
cheeky said:

Well ****. Susan must have got me, too. Venmo kept getting canceled today so I Zelled and haven't heard anything since. Zelled to "her grandson," Luis Crusett.

Same email. Cell # 512-889-8601. I asked "her" to post on my thread and said she couldn't because she was at hospital with dad in crisis. So I asked for a screenshot of the 12th Man app tickets, which I received.
Section 110, Row 6 for Auburn this Friday. That is some next level scamming right there. I can only wish rectal cancer upon this POS.

AggieAces06
AG
I had this same scam happen to me from Facebook for Savanah Banana tickets. Asked for the screen shots and everything. I had red flags going off but ignored them.

Luckily I got my money back from the credit card dispute.

The stupid scammer still uses the same name (with various spellings) that they used on me, so it is now my mission every time I see it on Facebook to post that they are a scammer. I will also message any user who comments that they are interested that it's a scam. The posts disappear within minutes. My revenge is to make them miserable.
Aggie09Derek
AG
Someone else probably sent them that as proof of them having the tickets then they then use that proof to scam others.
Another Doug
AG
FYI , most scammers are overseas and any Zelle names associated with a scam are probably just victims who have gotten their bank account hijacked. Getting even with a scammer is next to impossible and is a waste of time. Educate yourself and others and move on.

And I repeat, if you make a post saying you WTB tickets and put your contact info down someone will probably try and scam you. PM a AG tagged seller or somehow make damn sure you are talking to the OP ag tag seller. Otherwise don't send money until you are sure you have the tickets.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.