*** Aggie Volleyball 2024 Thread ***

74,452 Views | 1360 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by flintdragon
taylorswift13_
How long do you want to ignore this user?
RANK US NOW
coloradoag69
AG
Wow! What a great road win against a ranked, previously-undefeated-at-home team. Great overall effort.

The Tigers never seemed to be able to stop the short set to the center. I don't know how many points we scored off of that play, but it was a lot.

Way to go Ladies!
frankie00
taylorswift13_ said:

RANK US NOW
I don't think our ladies have even received votes, much less ranked in the top 25.

Today's result better change that !!!!
fitzwatema
AG
Great win for the Aggies!
RadCouncil 21
AG
Huge win today for the RPI
bwhitmarsh
Great win for Jamie and the girls!!!
taylorswift13_
Stats vs Auburn

Kills
Logan Lednicky - 23
Emily Hellmuth - 13
Morgan Perkins - 10
Taylor Humphrey - 7
Ifenna Cos-Okpalla - 6

Assists
Maddie Waak - 50
Ava Underwood - 5

Digs
Logan Lednicky - 18
Ava Underwood - 16
Maddie Waak - 14
Tatum Thomas - 6
Taylor Humphrey - 6

Blocks
Ifenna Cos-Okpalla - 4.5
Logan Lednicky - 1.5
Emily Hellmuth - 1
Morgan Perkins - 1

Aces
Logan Lednicky - 1
Tatum Thomas - 1
Ellee Stinson - 1

Team
Hitting % - .257
Aces - 3
Service Errors - 11
Blocks - 11
taylorswift13_
Kinda weirded out how we have never once received a vote! We should at least get some now! Next week we can easily go 2-0 and for sure be ranked!
taylorswift13_
I want our RPI to be as high as possible so we can either fight to host or get a favorable first round match up in the tournament
RadCouncil 21
AG
Not worried about all that yet, but if we can come back home with a sweep of the road trip then we should see some good crowds for Florida
RadCouncil 21
AG
We need to start putting coach's challenge record on here too
Swollen Thumb
AG
Great job ladies! Big conference win!!
taylorswift13_
RadCouncil 21 said:

Not worried about all that yet, but if we can come back home with a sweep of the road trip then we should see some good crowds for Florida
I saw Florida get whooped by tu today, Florida is 1-2 to start conference play! Let's get these next two wins and keep it rolling!!!!
B$Weigem
AG
Great win.

Even though Rachel Corbelli is an assistant coach at auburn it's tough seeing John and Lori wearing auburn shirts at the match.

I wish we could eliminate our service errors.
Orome
AG
I was wondering if anyone else noticed that. Don't blame them with how they were handled at the end and their daughter being a coach there
Ag4eva95
She just got voted into the Texas A&M hall of fame, she's fine lol. She's an aggie til they die. All their kids went to A&M too.
Wicked Good Ag
Nect year they will wear two different SEC shirts that are not TAMU and dont balame them at all

Vandy starts play next year with Russel as an assistant
B$Weigem
AG
Russell graduated from A&M. Rachel did not

RadCouncil 21
AG
Not to care about rankings but a good amount of the lower top 25 lost today
kwammer
interesting year in the SEC so far. Not sure there is a dominant team outside of Texas.
could set up very well for a top 4 finish if the team continues to grow.
flintdragon
AG
This team is getting better. At no point last night did I feel we lost control of the game. It was a tight match but our girls were confident. We're the only SEC team so far to take a set from t.u. and we were competitive in all but the first set.

Middles did really well vs Auburn though there was a lull in blocking at times.
Underwood is also doing really well. I think she's wrapped up the libero position?
Really happy Hellmuth finally figured out how to hit in this system. Hopefully she can sustain the progress which have been lacking with the OHs in recent years.
Waak I felt started off the season well but recently had some minor issues in recent games. But she's back now!
Lednicky is having a year so far. Very hard to shut down. I wish she had a couple more years with this program instead of just one more.
Faustus
Volleytalk poll has A&M coming in at No. 25.

It's just a fan poll, but sometimes I get the feeling the posters on Volleytalk put more thought into it than the coaches do each week what with their more pressing job of coaching their team.

https://volleytalk.proboards.com/thread/100845/volleytalk-fall-2024-week-rankings

taylorswift13_
Masseyratings has us at 24, the rest of the sec in the top 50 are

6. tu
16. Kentucky
21. Arkansas
24. TEXAS A&M
25. Florida
28. Auburn
32. Tennessee

45. Oklahoma
46. Missouri
48. Ole Miss

https://masseyratings.com/cvol/ncaa-d1/ratings
taylorswift13_
One of those guys had us at 18
Wicked Good Ag
volleytalk has us 5th in the conference and also 5th in the state
RadCouncil 21
AG
That 5th in state is a stark figure
t-rex
AG
Here is RPI from the NCAA website, first version I've seen posted this year. We are at 22.

https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/volleyball-women/d1/ncaa-womens-volleyball-rpi

Receiving votes in the AVCA, #28. Even more interesting, Auburn is still ranked at #25.

https://www.avca.org/polls-awards/polls/?_divisions=division-i-women

flintdragon
AG
RadCouncil 21 said:

That 5th in state is a stark figure
Baylor at #15. We are closing the gap. I would be VERY happy if we ended the season in the teens.
Wicked Good Ag
While I am excited on this play and the continued improvement I also can't wait for the 2025 class to come in and mesh with these current players. I think we I'll be even more complete and also a lot of depth and players pushing each other for playing time
Ag4eva95
I'm excited for Megan Fitch to come in an be the immediate OH2, which we need bad this year
taylorswift13_
Wicked Good Ag said:

While I am excited on this play and the continued improvement I also can't wait for the 2025 class to come in and mesh with these current players. I think we I'll be even more complete and also a lot of depth and players pushing each other for playing time
and we only lose Molly Brown to graduation, and maybe Ellee Stinson! We bring back everyone which will be scary! With what I think we can accomplish this season combined with another year of experience and a talented recruiting class!! MY OH MY!
taylorswift13_
And I bet top portal players would want a spot here too
bwhitmarsh
Another outside hitter seems to be a significant need for this team.
BiochemAg97
AG
Today I listened to the Answering the call podcast with ifenna Cos-BLOCKpalla as guest (Sept 26). Good listen. At one point she was talking about Jamie really knowing volleyball and helping her improve where she had struggled her freshman year. She must have said Jamie really knows volleyball 5 times.
taylorswift13_
I forgot where I heard it, but i remember her saying that when Bird was coaching she was quitting after the season but when Jamie came in she said it was a sign to give it one more try and she fell back in love with the sport

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.