Women's Tennis 2023/2024

335,412 Views | 3713 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Aggie Tennis
bigfoot10s
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
He was not allowed to win regional since he won it last year
DevinHester_GoBears1
bigfoot10s said:

What about the other 2?

The trolls are out in full force...

bigfoot10s
AG
Not sure on the other two. He told me this morning he didn't expect to get National. Obviously he should have.

The jealousy is amazing. I love it
Chruchie
AG
ITA kickoff draft happened earlier today. we were the last host site to even get a 2 seed and it's not a true 2 seed. it's basically an automatic qualifier for national indoors at this point. I think it says a lot about what teams think we will be like next year and how hard it is to play in college station.

Aggie Tennis
AG
DevinHester_GoBears1 said:

bigfoot10s said:

What about the other 2?

The trolls are out in full force...

It's a bummer, but I'm sure he'd much rather have the natty.

I also love the tears. Nobody would have cared if we weren't so good.
Ag4eva95
Tennessee got a terrible draw here
Aggie Tennis
AG
Ag4eva95 said:

Tennessee got a terrible draw here

Agree. Georgia has the best draw.
tennisaggie
Alex Gruskin of Cracked Racquets chose Mark for Coach of the Year and Jordan for Assistant Coach of the Year.
Ag4eva95
The fact that neither one got something is dumb.
Chruchie
AG
tennessee was definitely the host that was the most targeted. pepperdine was also targeted. both with reason. pepperdine looses key players and doesn't have the current roster to fill those holes. tennessee also looses cabezas and wolfberg, a deep team would really hurt them although tennessee is scrappy under their coach
aggietennisfan
Mark was actually ineligible to win the National Coach of the Year award because he won the ITA Regional Coach of the Year award for the last two years rendering him ineligible to be the obvious National Coach of the Year. There is a rule that you can't win the ITA Regional award three years in a row so he was penalized for having too much success. ITA sounds like a brilliant organization to me.
bigfoot10s
AG
Congrats to Texas Native Allison Ojeda on winning National COTY

Still got the natty!!!
Aggie Tennis
AG
aggietennisfan said:

Mark was actually ineligible to win the National Coach of the Year award because he won the ITA Regional Coach of the Year award for the last two years rendering him ineligible to be the obvious National Coach of the Year. There is a rule that you can't win the ITA Regional award three years in a row so he was penalized for having too much success. ITA sounds like a brilliant organization to me.
We aren't the only ones that think it's dumb.

Ag4eva95
I used to coach the Baylor summer tennis camps when she was the assistant at Baylor! She's an amazing and deserving person. I'm glad it was her and not UGA
Anchorhold
There was more Aggie vs Aggie competition this week in South Carolina. This time it was a former student-current student-future student rumble in the PTT $25K Charleston Women.

Katya Townsend '22
Daria Smetannikov '26
Jennifer Jackson '29

Jennifer beat Katya 6-2, 6-2
Jennifer beat Daria 6-4, 6-1
Daria beat Katya 6-1, 6-2

Daria and Jennifer both beat some poor girl from Michigan.
Ag4eva95
Man, Daria is really struggling! I hope she figures it out because she can do some damage
taylorswift13_
Those are awesome results from Jennifer Jackson wow
Chapa96
AG
taylorswift13_ said:

Exactly! What's the scoop on her?

Now should we start a new thread for next year??
bigfoot10s
AG
I believe she is coming in January, plan is to redshirt her spring of 2025. That could change, of course.
Ag4eva95
Well that's huge! Get her up to speed with college and be an immediate day 1 contributor. Seems like she's already able to play lines 5 or 6, maybe higher
Anchorhold
The next big player award won't be announced until March and Mary's well in position for that.
All we're waiting for are the other assistant coach and any non-scholarship transfers (four former #1s in three years so far).
Maybe and update on how the indoors are coming along.
Aggie Tennis
AG
Chapa96 said:

taylorswift13_ said:

Exactly! What's the scoop on her?

Now should we start a new thread for next year??

I've seen her play several times. She's 6ft tall and absolutely hits the cover off the ball.

She's a junior and has a UTR that is already higher than Daria, Lexington, and our new transfer, Ava. It's also climbing - her 3 month trend isn't far behind Jeanette.

Her brother is Luke Jackson on the baseball team.

It's going to be hard to keep her out of the line up.
Anchorhold
Fo sho
Chruchie
AG
Jackson also just jumped up to a top 10 recruit. she was sitting around #15-20 when she committed but was still the top player in the state. That's crazy! The top player in texas will virtually always be a top 10 recruit, it just took some time for that to rise
Chruchie
AG
The thing I like about Lexington right now, is she is playing pro tournaments. this past fall only Lulu and above were playing pro tournaments everyone else was playing pro not ita stuff. I think the experience and competition level she's undergoing now might pan out to provide a significant benefit.
RodgerDodger
Szabo gets first commit at Auburn. 5 star recruit ranked #26 on tennis recruiting. 9.82 UTR. Class of 2025. Sophia Cisse Igantiev.
carl spacklers hat
aggiedrjdub said:

I guess we have to start over. Our forum was removed for some reason (or I'm just blind and overlooking it). Bummer - oh well, Gig'em!
Since you started the thread for the most successful women's season evah, I nominate you start the next season thread, kind sir! Whenever you are ready.
People think I'm an idiot or something, because all I do is cut lawns for a living.
Aggie Tennis
AG
RodgerDodger said:

Szabo gets first commit at Auburn. 5 star recruit ranked #26 on tennis recruiting. 9.82 UTR. Class of 2025. Sophia Cisse Igantiev.

I want them to be the second best team in the SEC.
bigtimeag1977
There is a possibility that Jennifer Jackson will come in a semester early and join the team in Spring 25.
bigfoot10s
AG
I said that earlier today
Ag4eva95
I can second this! I saw it happen lol
Anchorhold
Lexington takes on Unc-commit Claire Hill today in Wichita. Mary should play there tomorrow.
Aggie Tennis
AG
If you are missing watching this amazing team, this was the match where it became very clear we could go on a run to the title. Our strength beat their strength on the road.

Texas A&M Defeats UNC Round of 16

The entire match was amazing, but my favorite moments are:
  • Tiebreaker win for M&M over the defending NCAA champs at the 4:24 mark to take the doubles point
  • Carson's entire 2nd and 3rd sets to get revenge over Crawley. If there were any remaining questions on her level, they were answered in this match.
  • Mary fighting off multiple set points in the second set tiebreaker comeback to clinch it at the 6:36 mark. I think she hit a winner on each set point down. Nicole closing the 3rd point right in the middle of it.
  • Alex Gruskin's comments at the end truly understanding how big of a win this was for our program

Enjoy!
Chapa96
AG
Aggie Tennis said:

If you are missing watching this amazing team, this was the match where it became very clear we could go on a run to the title. Our strength beat their strength on the road.

Texas A&M Defeats UNC Round of 16

The entire match was amazing, but my favorite moments are:
  • Tiebreaker win for M&M over the defending NCAA champs at the 4:24 mark to take the doubles point
  • Carson's entire 2nd and 3rd sets to get revenge over Crawley. If there were any remaining questions on her level, they were answered in this match.
  • Mary fighting off multiple set points in the second set tiebreaker comeback to clinch it at the 6:36 mark. I think she hit a winner on each set point down. Nicole closing the 3rd point right in the middle of it.
  • Alex Gruskin's comments at the end truly understanding how big of a win this was for our program

Enjoy!

Thank!!! Now I can't work because I will be watching this right now!
Anchorhold
Of course there is a storm brewing the first time one of our girls' matches is streamed this offseason.

Mary takes on Akasha Urhobo (11.55) at approximately 2:45pm.
STREAMING: https://live.itftennis.com/en/live-streams/video.php?vid=50843171

She won 6-3, 6-7, 6-0 just after the baseball game ended.
First Page Last Page
Page 104 of 107

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.