Women's Tennis 2023/2024

335,495 Views | 3713 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Aggie Tennis
Aggie Tennis
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
bigfoot10s said:

We are not getting Alexa or Rachel

But we will have someone very soon. Very good player will make a great impact on our team!

What's your best guess on what line she would play? If it's #3, we are going to run it back.
Anchorhold
bigfoot10s said:

But we will have someone very soon. Very good player will make a great impact on our team!

C'mon already!
bigfoot10s
AG
Anchorhold said:

bigfoot10s said:

C'mon already!

I've been asked to not say more, but I think we will all be happy with who we get. Coaches are excited. Should be the next day or two, I believe.
bigfoot10s
AG
Aggie Tennis
AG
LuLu was such a great addition to this team.

I'll never forget her clutch performance at Tennessee and then how she went on a roll through NCAAs. Well deserved.

Aggie Tennis
AG
Nicole is so good. We will watch her - continue to dominate and win championships.

bigfoot10s
AG
Ag4eva95
Wow, this is a big pickup. If she can come in and play at #3 or #4, we're back in the title hunt
Chruchie
AG
i had an inclination yesterday that this is who it was. I didn't even know she was in the portal till yesterday. It's a great pickup! will slide in somewhere from 3-5 in singles and will be large impact in doubles. This is the player we needed to remain in the top tier of teams.
taylorswift13_
Mary Stoiana
Nicole Khirin
Lucciana Perez
Mia Kupres
Ava Hrastar
Jeanette Mireles
bigfoot10s
AG
What about Lexington?
Ag4eva95
I have a feeling she will play #3 or #4, I got to watch her against Nicole back during the regular season. She's a very solid pick up and exactly what this team needed.
Ag4eva95
You think Lexington makes an immediate impact???

I have a feeling Daria transfers before the season starts, pending a patient approach. There is no immediate route to playing time for her
Aggie Tennis
AG
bigfoot10s said:

Excited to have her join and she has high level experience. Doubles seems good too.

Does anyone who has followed her closely know why her UTR is relatively low? It's quite a bit below Jeanette and a little above Daria.
aggiedrjdub
AG
I feel like this puts us back where we were before Carson came back; maybe slightly better bc of her doubles prowess. She did play line 1 some and took a set off of Nicole at line 2. Puts us in the conversation but I don't think we would be the favorites. Top 5 for sure.

Someone that can do all the UTR composites would know better. I think replacing our top 3 from last season will be almost impossible.
Gig'em Aggies! c/o '98 W H O O P!
Aggie Tennis
AG
aggiedrjdub said:

I feel like this puts us back where we were before Carson came back; maybe slightly better bc of her doubles prowess. She did play line 1 some and took a set off of Nicole at line 2. Puts us in the conversation but I don't think we would be the favorites. Top 5 for sure.

Someone that can do all the UTR composites would know better. I think replacing our top 3 from last season will be almost impossible.
Straight numbers, our team UTR goes down by ~1.5 by replacing Carson with Ava.

That's why I was wondering if we believe she is better than her UTR or there was a reason for it. That is a big difference.

Obviously, replacing the highest UTR player in the nation isn't easy.
Chruchie
AG
I think thats an unfair comparison. our team with Carson was far and above the best team in the country.
aggiedrjdub
AG
Well, that was my point. I'm not really comparing. Just stating the obvious.
Chruchie
AG
I think people are really selling Mia short. She had a great year this year, people forget she was 1st team all- SEC. She beat Reasco from georgia in the regular season, she made the 2nd round of the ncaa singles tournament, and doubles with mary was awesome. She finished the season ranked #43, where I think she is better than that. Even if she doesn't take big steps forward she will be on of the best players at her line. add the depth we are bringing in and I continue to think we are in the top tier of championship contenders.
Chruchie
AG
fair. 2024 ncaa is just too good!!!
Anchorhold
Howdy Ava. Welcome home.
Aggie Tennis
AG
Chruchie said:

I think thats an unfair comparison. our team with Carson was far and above the best team in the country.

It's fun to think - can we do it again? Especially when the #1 plans to come back for her senior year.

If the transfer was Salma, Nicole, Carson, we are clear favorites to repeat. We only lost one player from a team that dominated the NCAAs.

On paper, Georgia and Stanford are going to have more depth.

Excited for Ava to join and to see where she plays. Seems like a great addition and I suspect just being on this team will help her develop.
Aggie Tennis
AG
Chruchie said:

I think people are really selling Mia short. She had a great year this year, people forget she was 1st team all- SEC. She beat Reasco from georgia in the regular season, she made the 2nd round of the ncaa singles tournament, and doubles with mary was awesome. She finished the season ranked #43, where I think she is better than that. Even if she doesn't take big steps forward she will be on of the best players at her line. add the depth we are bringing in and I continue to think we are in the top tier of championship contenders.
Mia is awesome. She and Lulu will push each other at #3/#4 and will be hard to beat.
goodgrief
Based on the line she played her UTR is a reflection of her most recent season
Aceswimmer09
She has some resultsโ€ฆclose loses, wins over Vanderbilt and Alabama's #1โ€ฆwas up on Tennessee's number 1โ€ฆgreat doubles player. Could see her slot in nicely anywhere from 3-6. A solid depth piece. I could see her at 3, and performing equal to Nicole there, i could also see Nicole at 2 with another year, performing really, really well. This doubles addition is key, basically helps us lock a point downโ€ฆshe's very good doubles player.

On Lexington, she isn't going to be in the lineup. We will need to reload heavily after next year. Butโ€ฆlet's win another one before worrying about that.
Aggie Tennis
AG
Aceswimmer09 said:

She has some resultsโ€ฆclose loses, wins over Vanderbilt and Alabama's #1โ€ฆwas up on Tennessee's number 1โ€ฆgreat doubles player. Could see her slot in nicely anywhere from 3-6. A solid depth piece. I could see her at 3, and performing equal to Nicole there, i could also see Nicole at 2 with another year, performing really, really well. This doubles addition is key, basically helps us lock a point downโ€ฆshe's very good doubles player.

On Lexington, she isn't going to be in the lineup. We will need to reload heavily after next year. Butโ€ฆlet's win another one before worrying about that.

Thanks.

Lulu is a 10.85 and was playing #5 in the NCAAs. I felt she was the strongest in the country at that line but it's a pretty big drop from that to Ava's UTR so was trying to understand where the predictions of playing #3 or #4 were coming from.
Chruchie
AG
I don't think Ava ends up playing #3. She has a career high ita ranking of #65. Mia has a career high of #22. That's a pretty big gap. I hope to be proven wrong and Ava plays high which means we're just that much better, I just don't think Ava will beat out Mia there.
Ag4eva95
No, but I do think Lulu can best out Mia. Mia lacks power because of her arm extension. If she could figure that out, I have no doubt she's #3.

If the lineup was made today, here's my guess. I do think there isn't a ton of separation 3-5. But Ava is exactly what we needed to be a top team. She beat Mohr(ranked #6) of Vanderbilt to end the season. So, you can easily see her fire power and potential. I think Ava has a high ceiling for us

Mary
Nicole
Mia
Lulu
Ava
Jeanette
Aggie Tennis
AG
Ag4eva95 said:

No, but I do think Lulu can best out Mia. Mia lacks power because of her arm extension. If she could figure that out, I have no doubt she's #3.

If the lineup was made today, here's my guess. I do think there isn't a ton of separation 3-5. But Ava is exactly what we needed to be a top team. She beat Mohr(ranked #6) of Vanderbilt to end the season. So, you can easily see her fire power and potential. I think Ava has a high ceiling for us

Mary
Nicole
Mia
Lulu
Ava
Jeanette

While she lacks college experience, it is worth noting that Lexington's UTR is slightly higher than Ava's. Not uncommon to see a lot of improvement that first year.
aggiedrjdub
AG
Elena Yu chose Duke (UTR 10.73). Bummer.
Aggie Tennis
AG
aggiedrjdub said:

Elena Yu chose Duke (UTR 10.73). Bummer.
We likely tried - great player. Not often that you see players transferring from Stanford.
Chruchie
AG
I think it's cool to see what conversations like this mean for our program. We're talking about potentially not playing a top recruit. Little less a second that already has college experience(Daria). A couple of years ago that was not possible. This is a luxury to have that not many other teams have (next year maybe only georgia also has this luxury). It speaks volumes to the program the Mark (and Jordan) has built.
Aggie Tennis
AG
Mary named ITA National Player of the Year. One of the best A&M athletes ever and she's not done.

GOAT

DevinHester_GoBears1
aggiedrjdub
AG
Jeanette's UTR is higher though. Ava might be at 6? I am excited about her doubles potential though!
First Page Last Page
Page 103 of 107

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.