*****Official Dallas Stars 2023-2024 Season Thread*****

479,885 Views | 7885 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Legal Custodian
ryanhnc10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Try and get one in the first ten minutes of period 3 and see if the Oilers start to choke. Definitely not in a good spot, but if we did end up coming back you'd love the momentum going into game 7. One more period to lay it on em
PatAg
AG
The puck is constantly just lingering around the crease and we can't get onto it
PatAg
AG
All of the blind passes we are making they just read like a book. Might have to just play more direct guys
Wheatables02
AG
2004 Stars away jersey now on for good luck. First time in 10 plus years.
FWAppraiser
AG
Well, unless we pull a rabbit out of our collective hat, this is the last time you'll have to worry about his spot on the roster.
PatAg
AG
Just get the next goal and put the pressure on as much as you can. Ideally get it in the first 5 minutes or so of the 3rd
FWAppraiser
AG
That's an effing penalty
cupofjoe04
AG
I mean- do we even want the power play? Could we decline the penalty? We have looked worse and generated less chances with the man advantage.

I kid, I kid… sort of…
FWAppraiser
AG
0 for 14.

0 for 14!
ryanhnc10
AG
So effing casual. Embarrassing
cupofjoe04
AG
Get almost to the crease, and we turn back to the boards and throw it out of the zone ourselves.

Ugh.

Our power play is trash. Absolutely what is losing this series for us. Too much passing looking for a lane, not enough just throwing it on net to see what happens.
Buck Compton
AG
Stars are completely out of it. Making the Oiler PK look amazing. Not focused, Benn passing to no one, not even keeping your stick down to keep it in the zone as it expires.
cupofjoe04
AG
FWAppraiser said:

0 for 14.

0 for 14!

Seriously, you would think even a blind squirrel could score a goal by now!
TV Casualty
AG
I don't really want to hear complaints about officiating when a team goes 0-14 on the power play in a series.
cupofjoe04
AG
Buck Compton said:

Stars are completely out of it. Making the Oiler PK look amazing. Not focused, Benn passing to no one, not even keeping your stick down to keep it in the zone as it expires.

I don't disagree, but the Oiler PK has been amazing all year. Not saying we don't look like hot garbage on the power play, but also they are #1 in the league on PK for the year, aren't they? With like 90+% kill.

Still, even going a pathetic 3-14 on PP for the stars likely wins another game.
FWAppraiser
AG
I know DeBoer and Spott are buddies, but this is a business decision. Spott needs to be fired immediately.
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
Stars need a goal before 10min mark or in my opinion that's game
FWAppraiser
AG
They were 15th (basically league average). Their PK isn't good; we're making it look that way because we refused to adapt to them pressuring the point/blue line.
gigem1223
Finally!
Buck Compton
AG
Well that's a goal! I hope!
PatAg
AG
LETS GO, TURN IT UP TO 11
cupofjoe04
AG
Ok, that's what we needed. Let's go now!!!!
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
Whoa…. I need to make more comments like that
twilly
AG
Life
cupofjoe04
AG
FWAppraiser said:

They were 15th (basically league average). Their PK isn't good; we're making it look that way because we refused to adapt to them pressuring the point/blue line.

Thanks for the clarification. I guess I was thinking of their post-season average. They certainly caught fire!
FWAppraiser
AG
10 minutes is a long time. 1 more boys!
birdman
Oiler defenseman did a great job to keep the puck in their offensive zone. But that ended up leading to the goal. The rest of Oilers attacked and got caught with their pants down.
PatAg
AG
So many chances
ryanhnc10
AG
Stankoven with 3 great chances in a row
Cappo
AG
LET'S GO BOYS GET ONE
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
They're hungry now and man I cannot believe I'm going to say this but a chance at OT would be bad ass
cupofjoe04
AG
Where the heck has this team been?

Sustaining pressure, moving the puck off the boards, crashing the middle, throwing pucks on net looking for juicy rebounds. If we keep this up, I believe we will level this game.

We gotta watch that counter, and I'm sure Otter will need a few big time saves. But there is hope if we can keep this up!!!
bagger05
AG
Really feel like we deserve another goal.

That has nothing to do with whether we will get one, of course. But we've been aggressive and generating good chances. Seems like we are never QUITE in the right place to capitalize.
FWAppraiser
AG
We're outshooting them 32-10! We should be winning this hockey game.
GrapevineAg
AG
bagger05 said:

Really feel like we deserve another goal.

That has nothing to do with whether we will get one, of course. But we've been aggressive and generating good chances. Seems like we are never QUITE in the right place to capitalize.

I think that's partly because they're just faster than us in general.
First Page Last Page
Page 216 of 226

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.