*****Official Dallas Stars 2023-2024 Season Thread*****

479,881 Views | 7885 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Legal Custodian
Wheatables02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I give up. I say never quit but there's just no energy or hope right now with the Stars. Outplayed, out-hustled, refs against them…. Just flat and dead.
Out in Left Field
AG
I have no good things to say
Grapesoda2525
****ty period. Have 2 more. Better come back out ready to play, but it just looks like this team is out of gas after the gauntlet of teams we have faced. All of which are good enough to compete in the Stanley cup finals round.

FWAppraiser
AG
The Stars dominated that period. But special teams are the story. We can't kill a penalty or score on the power play.
Cappo
AG
Wheatables02 said:

I give up. I say never quit but there's just no energy or hope right now with the Stars. Outplayed, out-hustled, refs against them…. Just flat and dead.
bad take. we were better that period but couldn't score. But yes the refs suck
Mozart Paintings
AG
0/2 on PP. 0/2 on PK. That's the series
PatAg
AG
Wheatables02 said:

Dont post again then
Cappo
AG
PatAg said:

Wheatables02 said:

Dont post again then
for real. what a pansy don't even think he watched the period
Wheatables02
AG
Cappo said:

Wheatables02 said:

bad take. we were better that period but couldn't score. But yes the refs suck
Sorry - that was a last 3 game flyover. We have more energy tonight and are outskating them...they just have better quality shots and one of the best goals in years.

Wild Turkey 101 flowing right now...
sburg2007
We played better than them besides the two power plays but special teams will kill you if you can't net anything 5 on 5
Wheatables02
AG
Cappo said:

PatAg said:

Wheatables02 said:

Dont post again then
for real. what a pansy don't even think he watched the period
and you're mostly right. A lot of focus on Texas A&M baseball on another screen.

Pansy mode activated...I'll own it. My bad.
PatAg
AG
This team has been a beast on the road all season and post season. Lets show them whats up to start the 2nd and get right back into this
TV Casualty
AG
They played better that period, but special teams just isn't getting it done.

Power play hasn't been good since January.
micahb2002
AG
I will probably cancel my ticket package after this year. I never thought I would see hockey go the way of the NBA in the 2006 Finals, but here we are. The NHL picked which team would get favorable officiating in this series, and it is not the second least penalized team in the league this year - the Dallas Stars.
TV Casualty
AG
Edmonton's special teams have just been better. Have to give them credit.

Stars power play has been hot garbage for a while now.
PatAg
AG
Love them acting like we have generated nothing
Out in Left Field
AG
Look good, can't make anything go
micahb2002
AG
They are getting a lot more special teams time than they deserve, whereas their players are elbowing us in the face repeatedly and cross checking at will. They can hold and set screens on every play. Our power play struggles would go away with enough of them, and we cannot overcome our injuries and the compromised officiating.
FWAppraiser
AG
Out in Left Field said:

Baffling how we forgot how to score over the last 3 games.
twilly
AG
Energy levels are higher, but not enough effort in the middle of the slot.
bagger05
AG
Out in Left Field said:

Agreed. Finally doing a lot of things right but nothing going in.
bagger05
AG
Man that graphic stings.

Outscored 10-1 since first period of game 4.
cupofjoe04
AG
micahb2002 said:

They are getting a lot more special teams time than they deserve, whereas their players are elbowing us in the face repeatedly and cross checking at will. They can hold and set screens on every play. Our power play struggles would go away with enough of them, and we cannot overcome our injuries and the compromised officiating.

I'm as mad as anyone about this. Fully expected a finals run. There is still time, it ain't over yet.

But, the officials are not the ones losing this series. We have gone dormant since the first period of game 4. We cannot generate quality scoring chances, and generate almost no organized zone time on PP's. Their D is smothering, and we can't make adjustments. We are getting out of position, and taking dumb penalties. They have been playing harder and putting us in bad positions. I haven't seen anything called against us that wasn't a penalty. We have had several cross checks, holding, roughing, and others gone uncalled this game- both ways.

We have had a brutal run this far in the playoffs, and I think it's taking a toll.

We are flat getting our butts handed to us for about the past 7 periods. Have to tip our hats to them for that.

Also, Pav's having such a horrible drought couldn't have come at a worse time. .
PatAg
AG
Love watching the home teams broadcast
FWAppraiser
AG
Really feels like we have to get it within 1 headed into the 3rd. Edmonton will clamp down in the 3rd with a 2 goal lead.
cupofjoe04
AG
And we c at catch a freaking breaks. Hitting posts, and loose pucks. Just not going our way right now.
gigem1223
Pavs is absolutely worthless and continues to get top line minutes
bagger05
AG
I feel like we just can't score.

I don't know if it's in the Stars' heads but it's definitely in mine.
cupofjoe04
AG
gigem1223 said:

Pavs is absolutely worthless and continues to get top line minutes

Who has been scoring behind him that you would put up there to generate more offense on that line?
FWAppraiser
AG
Really need all of this offensive pressure to pay off. If we can get 1, watch out.
PatAg
AG
We just have to be clinical with one of these chances
gigem1223
Pretty much every C on the roster brings more than he has this postseason
PatAg
AG
There are goals waiting to be scored, they aren't just shutting us down
cupofjoe04
AG
Man, this feels like a VERY steep mountain to climb.

It sort of feels like we need a fluky bounce or lucky tip to go in. Just something to break the seal. And it needs to be early, so we can pin our ears back, play with desperate ferocity, and build serious momentum going into game 7.
PatAg
AG
Omg post again
First Page Last Page
Page 215 of 226

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.