*****Official Dallas Stars 2023-2024 Season Thread*****

436,212 Views | 7784 Replies | Last: 16 hrs ago by FWAppraiser
EastSideAg2002
How long do you want to ignore this user?
shack009 said:

Nice, only 1 day off for the winner of this series. Stars finally done a favor.
MAy it go into triple OT
micahb2002
AG
Vegas was the first team to really expose our top-heaviness last year in the playoffs. They focused on shutting down the Avengers, and we had little depth scoring. We seem to be using their pattern and strategies. We pretty much beat them at their own game head to head.
micahb2002
AG

All I do is Nguyen
Man I'll be honest IDGAF who we have to play, just win baby!!!!
BassCowboy33
shack009 said:

What am I missing?? Game 7 is Monday, then Game 1 is three days later on 5/23. Where does the one day come into play?
Legal Custodian
AG
BassCowboy33 said:

shack009 said:

What am I missing?? Game 7 is Monday, then Game 1 is three days later on 5/23. Where does the one day come into play?

Instead of Wednesday start with just normal rest but it'll be Thursday so VAn/EDM will get one extra day
shack009
AG
BassCowboy33 said:

shack009 said:

You aren't missing anything, I'm just an idiot. Mavs game made me lose all sense of reality.

Not that long ago, I told my wife that the A&M baseball game with the Targac walkoff felt like it was yesterday.
gabehcoud
I'll take it. Hintz and Hakenpa are injured. Plenty others are hurt. Also I don't work Friday so thursday is better for me.
EastSideAg2002
micahb2002 said:

Vegas was the first team to really expose our top-heaviness last year in the playoffs. They focused on shutting down the Avengers, and we had little depth scoring. We seem to be using their pattern and strategies. We pretty much beat them at their own game head to head and without LTIR shenanigans.
FIFY
Grapesoda2525
I recall being pissed off at the NHL for their scheduling during our bubble run of 2020. I'm so glad Edmonton won tonight and prevented the league from screwing us again.
BassCowboy33
Grapesoda2525 said:

I recall being pissed off at the NHL for their scheduling during our bubble run of 2020. I'm so glad Edmonton won tonight and prevented the league from screwing us again.
I'm a bit surprised a book hasn't been written on the NHL bubble yet. But I guess it usually takes a good 15+ years before a comprehensive history gets written on such things.
FWAppraiser
AG
Went back and watched some post-game and off day interviews. A couple of things stand out.

DeBoer admitted that had we gone to game 7, it's "doubtful" that Roope would have been available. I doubt 6 days off will be enough to get him back to full strength, but hopefully it's enough to him back in the lineup.

Duchene was apparently in a pretty bad place. He made reference to the fact that he really took the breakup with Nashville hard and he struggled with confidence issues all season. He made a comment after the game Friday that he there was emotional struggle "within the past 24 hours" and that Pete helped him through it. DeBoer confirmed Dutchy was probably at his lowest, confidence-wise, after game 5. We talk about the physical grind of the playoffs, but there's an emotional element we sometimes forget about. Glad to see Dutchy get the monkey off his back.

Across the board, everyone was relieved at the extended break (obviously). It's like an all star break in the middle of the playoffs. Hopefully we come back rejuvenated and ready to roll.
GarlandAg2012
AG
Didn't Duchene also lose part of a finger in an on ice injury? That has to rattle you.
FWAppraiser
AG
Yep, last March.

Quote:

It was not until the doctor requested to see the glove that the reality and severity of the injury were much worse. There are certain moments you won't forget," Duchene shared. "I'm sitting there, and the doctor asked where my glove was, and I looked over and said, 'Why? Do you think there's a piece of my finger in there? I didn't know I had lost part of the finger. I thought it just crushed it. They were hiding it from me, so they went and grabbed the tip out."

PrestigeWorldwideAg12
We will be in Orlando this week so if anyone is looking for really good seats, I've got 2 open in 114 available
TecRecAg
AG
Can you email me price? May be interested in game 1.
eye-gor
AG
Got your email, ty.
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
Emailed both.

Air headed momentarily but we don't fly back until Sunday night which means I'll miss game 2 as well
HockeyAg07
AG
No hockey on tv at all today. What the crap am I supposed to do tonight? Hang out with my wife and kids?!
micahb2002
AG
FWAppraiser said:

Yep, last March.

Quote:

It was not until the doctor requested to see the glove that the reality and severity of the injury were much worse. There are certain moments you won't forget," Duchene shared. "I'm sitting there, and the doctor asked where my glove was, and I looked over and said, 'Why? Do you think there's a piece of my finger in there? I didn't know I had lost part of the finger. I thought it just crushed it. They were hiding it from me, so they went and grabbed the tip out."

Roenick also had tip of his finger severed by a Ludwig slash when Hatcher broke his jaw.
Emotional Support Cobra
AG
HockeyAg07 said:

No hockey on tv at all today. What the crap am I supposed to do tonight? Hang out with my wife and kids?!

Nascar all-star race. Like hockey with more mullets!
Emotional Support Cobra
AG
And a fistfight.
TyHolden
AG
HockeyAg07 said:

There's always poker on…
All I do is Nguyen
HockeyAg07 said:

That's where I hop on my gaming PC and just zone out
TyHolden
AG
who we rooting for tonight?
Robert C. Christian
AG
TyHolden said:

who we rooting for tonight?

I'm rooting for multiple overtimes.
dallasiteinsa02
I don't think it matters. You could make a case that either team is better. What I am rooting for most is for the game to break the Red Wings vs. Maroons record of 176 minutes (6 OTs).
Gomer95
AG
Razor said probably over the 2 maybe we want Vancouver but both teams are good. He did say the Stars were better than both of the teams.
I hate rude behavior in a man. Won't tolerate it. - Woodrow F. Call
FWAppraiser
AG
They discovered a blood clot in Brock Boeser's leg. He's been put on blood thinners and is out for the remainder of the postseason.

That's some scary stuff. A blood clot in the leg is serious business. Glad they caught it in time, but hate that a guy's postseason ends that way.
Roll the Bones
AG
Something about the fighting Rick Tocchets scares me more than EDM but I think the Stars should win either way barring a major injury to Otter.

Remember how we beat EDM in the playoffs every year back in the late 90s- early 00s? That was awesome.

Ags2013
AG
PrestigeWorldwideAg12 said:

Emailed both.

Air headed momentarily but we don't fly back until Sunday night which means I'll miss game 2 as well
Interested in Game 2 if you're looking to sell!
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
Ags2013 said:

PrestigeWorldwideAg12 said:

Emailed both.

Interested in Game 2 if you're looking to sell!

Sorry man those are gone!
BassCowboy33
Roll the Bones said:

Something about the fighting Rick Tocchets scares me more than EDM but I think the Stars should win either way barring a major injury to Otter.

Remember how we beat EDM in the playoffs every year back in the late 90s- early 00s? That was awesome.

Well, not every year. #PullingALedyard
Roll the Bones
AG
Yeah, I was at that game but guess I have it blocked out in my mind. Lol.
Out in Left Field
AG
I won't be rooting for either, I'm not putting that "be careful of what you wish for" energy out into the universe.
First Page Last Page
Page 178 of 223

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.