*****Official Dallas Stars 2023-2024 Season Thread*****

432,853 Views | 7756 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by TRIDENT
FWAppraiser
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The way he initially flubbed it, I thought "more of the same from Pavs" but he totally redeemed himself with his work in front of the net. He's struggling but showed he still has a little gas left in the tank.
TV Casualty
AG
Hopefully a few days rest can help to recharge the batteries on Pavs. It's been a grueling pace for a month now.
micahb2002
AG
Pavelski is a hockey genius. I hope he sticks around as a player/coach for the league minimum next year. Someone will likely pay him $3M or so though on an incentive based contract. I would bring Kiviranta back before overpaying him. Kiviranta is super smart and responsible.
BassCowboy33
micahb2002 said:

Pavelski is a hockey genius. I hope he sticks around as a player/coach for the league minimum next year. Someone will likely pay him $3M or so though on an incentive based contract. I would bring Kiviranta back before overpaying him. Kiviranta is super smart and responsible.

If the Stars win the Cup, I imagine he retires. I don't think Dallas will bring him back as a player, and his family and kids are very ingrained in the DFW scene. I imagine he retires and takes a front-office/coaching role or moves into golf.
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
LFG Atars!
Emotional Support Cobra
AG
I would love that for him.
micahb2002
AG
Any chance of us bringing back Bowness for a front office job?
91AggieLawyer
AG
On the interference call, after looking at several sources, it looks like they MAY have gotten it right. I know people won't like it and the NHL has an issue with the rule and interpretations, but take a look at this video:

This is from earlier this year so it is definitely the same rule. What occurred last night was far worse than what happened on the video. I know some won't like it, but I think it is the offensive player's responsibility to avoid the contact regardless of whether the goalie is outside the crease. I don't know that for a fact because I haven't found the rule, but that's what I'm gathering. The Stars' player was very close to Av's goalie and even if contact didn't occur until the Avs player forced him into the goalie, being that close put him in a danger zone so to speak. Again, that's an interpretation I'm seeing.

I don't know if this is possible, but it seems to me a better and easier way to do this is to keep the offensive players out of the crease unless they're playing the puck. That way, if contact occurs, it is presumed to be interference. If the player is outside the crease, it is on the goalie. The officials are just going to have to determine situations where a player is pushed into the goalie, but under my idea, only contact within the crease would be interference. Then you can add all the reset language to modify that.

Don't know hockey enough to know if workable, but they do need to fix this.
zag213004
AG
FWAppraiser said:

Josh's call from last night. Notice Marchment taking the opportunity to kick MacKinnon's stick for good measure.

This is what Ive been looking for! Thanks!
BassCowboy33
FWAppraiser
AG
BassCowboy33 said:

micahb2002 said:

If the Stars win the Cup, I imagine he retires. I don't think Dallas will bring him back as a player, and his family and kids are very ingrained in the DFW scene. I imagine he retires and takes a front-office/coaching role or moves into golf.

I've said since the season started that he'd retire if he won the cup and try to take one last run at it if not. This was before this late-season/postseason dropoff. From what I'm seeing from him now, I think he hangs 'em up regardless.

I don't THINK Dallas will bring him back as a player. Even with a small contract, there are places Dallas could spend that money (Tanev and/or Duchene extensions), and we have plenty of forward depth + Bourque needing a slot in the lineup.

From Pavelski's perspecitve, I don't see him uprooting his family again for one last hoorah. So I doubt another team will happen, even though there would 100% be teams that would offer him a one year deal.
FWAppraiser
AG
See, that ticks me off. More BS from the NHL. The eastern teams were wrapped Thursday and start Wednesday. If there is any team that needs time off, it's Dallas. Why rush the western conference when they're in no rush to start the east?
micahb2002
AG
The Av's goalie was clearly outside his crease. Contact is allowed outside the crease.

micahb2002
AG
Have we alternated which conference starts earlier?
beagle2009
AG
Total BS
Tksymm7
AG
Is think Pavs is done done. I don't think Nill would bring him back even for minimum. Bourque NEEDS to be in the 12 forwards, plus we could use money to elsewhere. I could make the argument Blumel needs to be here too.
Kashchei
AG
**** the NHL
micahb2002
AG
There are better views showing Duchene setting his skates an inch or so outside the crease. There was absolutely no contact until Giorgiev came outside the crease AND Makar pushed Duchene and thus created the contact. The goal was also happening because it was a perfect screen and the goalie was way overcommitted and nowhere near stopping that shot.
micahb2002
AG
https://scoutingtherefs.com/2024/05/45361/stars-ot-winner-disallowed-vs-avs-for-goaltender-interference/
Emotional Support Cobra
AG
Edmonton got no-goaled tonight just like Dallas did. And here I thought they were bought and paid for by NHL.

I think McDavid got pushed in like what happened last night. Hopefully they show video at the 2nd int.
micahb2002
AG
https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5502776/2024/05/18/nhl-goalie-interference-review/

Even The NY Times said it was a blown call.
micahb2002
AG
Edmonton up 3-1 and on the power play.
Emotional Support Cobra
AG
2 man adv, whoops Canucks. Game 7 incoming.
Tksymm7
AG
I know we are *****ing about the future schedule, but I'm honestly fine with the our rest. We get enough but not TOO much.
gabehcoud
Tksymm7 said:

Is think Pavs is done done. I don't think Nill would bring him back even for minimum. Bourque NEEDS to be in the 12 forwards, plus we could use money to elsewhere. I could make the argument Blumel needs to be here too.

Pavs has great value as landlord and mentor
Emotional Support Cobra
AG
I am changing my vote to Canucks. Oilers are dangerous and has the skill to exploit any defensive weaknesses.
Legal Custodian
AG
Emotional Support Cobra said:

I am changing my vote to Canucks. Oilers are dangerous and has the skill to exploit any defensive weaknesses.

I'm still wanting Edmonton I think. Their only defense is their forechecking which to be fair is amazing. They have no flow through center ice. And they pretty much surrender the cycle game to keep bodies in front of the net. We would feast off that game plan.
micahb2002
AG
Emotional Support Cobra said:

McDavid has assists on 3 of their goals. They are very top heavy.
micahb2002
AG
We scored 4 or 5 goals against them in every game. We went 2-1. We beat them 5-0 in our only game after the Tanev trade.

We were also 2-1 against Vancouver, with a 3-0 win after the Tanev trade.
twilly
AG
FWAppraiser
AG
Good job, Edmonton. Bought us some extra rest.

Honestly, both of these teams are similarly top heavy. The glaring difference is that Edmonton has the more potent offense and PP. Vancouver is more balanced offensively/defensively. If Demko was for sure out, I would lean Vancouver. But honestly, I think we match up fairly well with either team. (Not saying it would be easy).

For reference, this season:

Vs. Edm: 2-0-1
Vs. Van: 2-1-0
micahb2002
AG
Sweet. My tickets are Saturday night! Thank you Edmonton.
FWAppraiser
AG
micahb2002 said:

We scored 4 or 5 goals against them in every game. We went 2-1. We beat them 5-0 in our only game after the Tanev trade.

We were also 2-1 against Vancouver, with a 3-0 win after the Tanev trade.

Great point bringing up Tanev. He completely changes the dynamic of our d-corps. We're even better equipped to shut down top heavy teams now

And our forward depth is umatched by either of these teams.
TV Casualty
AG
Apparently the officials missed the Avs rolling with 6 skaters in the 3rd period. I thought Eddie Olczyk was supposed to be all over this kind of thing.
shack009
AG
Nice, only 1 day off for the winner of this series. Stars finally done a favor.
First Page Last Page
Page 177 of 222

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.