*****Official Dallas Stars 2023-2024 Season Thread*****

424,093 Views | 7715 Replies | Last: 18 hrs ago by micahb2002
TV Casualty
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Kashchei
AG
TV Casualty said:

FWAppraiser
AG
I'm convinced Jamie knew Mark Stone was full of crap last year. It doesn't excuse what he did. It was beyond stupid. But it makes more sense than a random act of stupidity, and it's very clear that Stone is full of it.
Roll the Bones
AG
FWAppraiser said:

I've never wanted to beat a team so badly in my life.

Edit: No way that just happened. LOL Guess I missed a few posts, but great minds think alike.
shack009
AG
BassCowboy33
FWAppraiser said:

I've never wanted to beat a team so badly in my life.

Patrick Roy and the Avs. Nothing will ever top my sports hatred of that guy.
FWAppraiser
AG
I went from hating the Red Wings to those same Avs teams. There have been plenty of other teams I haven't liked since, but I hate Vegas. The preferential treatment from the league when they started and ever since, the fact the fan base never had to pay their dues, the recent history (will be 3 playoff series in 5 years), and circumventing the cap. Sprinkle in the cheesy medieval times theatrics and the annoying fans, and they've taken the mantle as my most hated.

A lot of time has passed though. I probably wanted to beat Detroit and Colorado just as much back in the day.
BassCowboy33
FWAppraiser said:

I went from hating the Red Wings to those same Avs teams. There have been plenty of other teams I haven't liked since, but I hate Vegas. The preferential treatment from the league when they started and ever since, the fact the fan base never had to pay their dues, the recent history (will be 3 playoff series in 5 years), and circumventing the cap. Sprinkle in the cheesy medieval times theatrics and the annoying fans, and they've taken the mantle as my most hated.

A lot of time has passed though. I probably wanted to beat Detroit and Colorado just as much back in the day.

Roy was such a d-bag and showboat.

And, to be fair, the Stars were only in Dallas for six years before winning a Cup.
GrapevineAg
AG
We should sign a modern equivalent of the Hanson brothers, put them on LTIR, and clear them just in time for the playoffs. If Vegas or anybody else pulls this sh*t, we simply return their guys to LTIR. I'm not serious of course, but if the league doesn't handle things, the players will. It's always been that way in hockey.
FWAppraiser
AG
Hey, a few old fashioned hip checks to test Stone's spleen and Pietrangelo's apendix are fair game as far as I'm concerned.
All I do is Nguyen
If they're healthy enough to play I say **** em
GrapevineAg
AG
FWAppraiser said:

Hey, a few old fashioned hip checks to test Stone's spleen and Pietrangelo's apendix are fair game as far as I'm concerned.

100%!
sburg2007
Daggum wrong thread.
gabehcoud
Good luck in the playoffs Texas Stars. Um we're going to be needing that goalie & defenseman though

Cappo
AG
see y'all at game 1
Kashchei
AG
I know it's only one game, but it's scary how similar the Leafs are to the Cowboys. Good to great regular seasons followed by dick punches in the playoffs. Year after year after year.
Roll the Bones
AG
Kashchei said:

I know it's only one game, but it's scary how similar the Leafs are to the Cowboys. Good to great regular seasons followed by dick punches in the playoffs. Year after year after year.

That's a shame.
FWAppraiser
AG
FWAppraiser said:

Got a little overzealous getting extras for Game 1, so I have 2 available in our section.

Sec 111, Row N, Seat 3-4
Stars shoot twice
On the aisle next to the zamboni entrance

Everything on that end is listed for $220/ticket plus fees on ticketmaster right now, so I'll do $500 for the pair. It's slightly less than what I paid. Shoot me a message if interested.

Still have these available, if anyone is interested. I'll do $450 for the pair for an Aggie/Stars fan.
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
I too have tickets available however it's for Wednesday. Section 114

I won't be back from Colorado until Thursday so won't be able to go.
rather be fishing
AG
Are we talking other playoff series here? Jets/Avs was a flurry of scoring in the 1st. Terrible D on both sides, but I'm Jets got burned and looked bad on a couple of plays.
FWAppraiser
AG
I picked the Avs to win this series, but I'm not sure why. I've been dogging Georgiev and doubted him for a while. I just didn't think the Jets would have enough offense to exploit it over a 7 game series. I guess we'll see if it holds, but other than a couple of really bad turnovers in the 1st, this game wouldn't be close.

And looky there...it's not close any way.

Man, Georgiev is bad. And Annunen is hurt. I may have made a terrible mistake.
EastSideAg2002
FWAppraiser said:

I picked the Avs to win this series, but I'm not sure why. I've been dogging Georgiev and doubted him for a while. I just didn't think the Jets would have enough offense to exploit it over a 7 game series. I guess we'll see if it holds, but other than a couple of really bad turnovers in the 1st, this game wouldn't be close.

And looky there...it's not close any way.

Man, Georgiev is bad. And Annunen is hurt. I may have made a terrible mistake.
gabehcoud
dammit i forgot about the bracket
Roll the Bones
AG
gabehcoud said:

dammit i forgot about the bracket

You still have time!

Brackets can be submitted through 7 pm ET on Monday 4/22!

FWAppraiser
AG
Gotta say, pretty cool opening tonight in Vancouver. It's been 9 years since they've had a playoff game. Good for those fans. That's a long drought.
Grapesoda2525
Would like a jets vs stars second round match up. We did really good vs the jets.
BassCowboy33
FWAppraiser said:

Gotta say, pretty cool opening tonight in Vancouver. It's been 9 years since they've had a playoff game. Good for those fans. That's a long drought.

I don't have a lot of sympathy for Canucks fans after the 2011 insanity that torched the city.
BassCowboy33
Grapesoda2525 said:

Would like a jets vs stars second round match up. We did really good vs the jets.
Colorado's defense is soooo bad, lol. I'm filling in on mornings, so I didn't get to see it. But in the highlights... the turnovers by their back six....good mercy.
Grapesoda2525
BassCowboy33 said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

Colorado's defense is soooo bad, lol. I'm filling in on mornings, so I didn't get to see it. But in the highlights... the turnovers by their back six....good mercy.
Their relentless offense scares me. Even with Tanev they were putting up nearly 5 on us a game.
TV Casualty
AG
Hopefully, we are catching Vegas before they hit their stride. When Vegas is on their game the Stars have struggled to score on them. It has been difficult for the Stars to get to the high danger areas of the ice.

A lot of the games have gone to OT over the last couple of years. Stars really need to avoid OT as I think OT is an advantage for Vegas. The Stars just always have that one defensive breakdown that ends the game. Otter seems to let the sudden death aspect affect him and he starts over committing to the puck carriers' first move.

Vegas is better than an 8 seed team. Especially if all of their injured players are on their game. If their team can gel with the new and returning players then they are a dangerous team.

Nils is a big liability in this series. Really would've liked to have had Hanley to throw in there.

The Stars should win this series. Hopefully, Vegas hasn't found their game yet and the Stars can move past in 6 games or less.

I fear that if Vegas is on that this will be a war and the Stars might come out of this series a bit beat up.
Tksymm7
AG
It's Makar, then Toews and a bunch of JAGs after that.
TV Casualty
AG

No real surprise here with Stone playing . Stars had better beat this team down.

Hit Stone hard every time he comes close to the puck. Just don't crosscheck his neck this time.

Tksymm7
AG
Going to be a tough series. I think the Stars are better, but this Vegas team fully healthy is a big boy team that could win it all, and might actually be a top three team in the conference if they were healthy the whole season. I think we need to start fast in this game and in the series. If we jump on them, they might fade.
HockeyAg07
AG

Let's do this.
Jack Ruby
This team has been too good for too long without hoisting a cup. Do it once and for all.
First Page Last Page
Page 87 of 221

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.