***** 2023 24 Hours at Daytona *****

740 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Code Maroon 12
TRM
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The IMSA schedule kicks off it's with the 24 Hours at Daytona. Should be interesting to see the GTP class with it's hybrid engines.

https://motorsports.nbcsports.com/2023/01/22/starting-lineup-61st-rolex-24-at-daytona-2023-meyer-shank-racing-gtp-prototype-imsa-2023/

Quote:

Defending race winner Meyer Shank Racing will be on the pole position in the starting lineup for the 61st Rolex 24 at Daytona, seeking to begin a new era in the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship the same way the team started the last.

The No. 60 Acura bookended the 2022 season with victories in the Rolex 24 (the second for team co-owner Mike Shank) and the Petit Le Mans season finale, winning the final championship in the DPi class.

The premier prototype category has been rebranded as Grand Touring Prototype and will feature new hybrid engines that have doubled the number of manufacturers competing for the overall victory. With Acura and Cadillac returning from DPi last season, Porsche and BMW also will enter GTP for the 24-hour season opener Jan. 28-29

https://www.motorsport.com/imsa/news/rolex-24-hours-schedule-how-to-watch-on-tv-and-more/10423888/
Quote:

How can I watch the Rolex 24 Hours at Daytona?
From Saturday afternoon, live TV coverage is available on NBC's Peacock streaming service for the full 24-hour cycle, while network NBC will provide 10 minutes of build-up and then the first 50 minutes of the race, and then the final 1hr40mins and 20mins of post-race.

In the meantime, USA Network will cover 13.5 hours of the race.

Peacock, NBC's streaming service, will broadcast all 24 hours in the USA
IMSA TV, available at imsa.com, will broadcast all 24 hours outside of the USA
Saturday, January 28, 1:30-2:30pm NBC
Saturday, 2:30-8:00pm USA network
Saturday, 10:00-11:59pm USA network
Sunday, January 29, 6:00am-12:00pm USA network
Sunday, 12:00-2:00pm NBC
jorgerr96
This year I am trying to get into endurance (WEC-IMSA-ELMS in that order) and got interested in this first round of IMSA because of the Iron Dames racing, but have zero idea of how the different classes work lol
Big Cat `93
AG
This is probably my favorite type of racing because of all the different types of cars. My favorite are the GT cars (esp. Risi Competizione), but they're all great. Super fan-friendly if you actually go to a race. When I went in Houston, most of the IMSA teams parked their cars out where the fans could get up close when they weren't working on them. They even let kids get in the cars and have their pictures taken.
Pahdz
Great weekend for cars (this and Barrett Jackson Scottsdale)
tk for tu juan
TRM
AG
Some notable news from early on:

The #61 LMP2 defending champs had technical difficulty in the early laps.
The #60, DPI/GTP defending champs (Meyer Shenk) and leader at the time, spun and needed to pit.
tk for tu juan
9 hours in and the top 4 of GTP within 2 secs of eachother.
cap-n-jack
Where is the end of the race? I can't find it anywhere and we're in the last hour aren't we?
Pahdz
NBC
cap-n-jack
That LMP2 finish.
Code Maroon 12
AG
Incredible!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.