****Red Raider Open Track Meet 2023****

3,319 Views | 71 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Bucketrunner
taylorswift13
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
A nice run for Camryn Dickson as she goes 23.74!
taylorswift13
AG
Isaiah Teer places 8th in the 200 with a 21.14! Jordan Chopane 10th going 21.25, and Devante Mount 13th going 21.35
taylorswift13
AG
I don't see us having a competitive 4x100 team this year on the men's side
triniaggie
AG
taylorswift13 said:

Isaiah Teer places 8th in the 200 with a 21.14! Jordan Chopane 10th going 21.25, and Devante Mount 13th going 21.35
While these times may not be very impressive they are all indoor personal bests for these guys. Hopefully they can get faster every week. We are yet to see Keanu Jones who had made great strides last year before getting injured.
triniaggie
AG
Overall the performance has been mediocre for me at this meet. Each meet you are looking for that somebody who would do something special but it hasn't come so far. The NCAA right now is extremely competitive and you have to be at your very best to qualify and also advance. We haven't seen that consistency and competitiveness yet
taylorswift13
AG
Noted! I hope him and Chevannie Hanson are okay! Those 200 runners also come from schools without and indoor track and don't have one to practice on right now!
taylorswift13
AG
I'm feeling that way also! I'm hoping the 4x400's have themselves a day! GG Edwards is a lone bright spot and Jaiya Covington with a nice hurdle time for a freshman! Hopefully we get some vaulters over 17!
taylorswift13
AG
Wish we could go get a distance runner like Irene Rono to transfer to us! She should be a graduate student next fall and I am tired of her beating us in cross country and we have some senior girls to replace!
taylorswift13
AG
Also need Joniar Thomas to become a better high jumper for the multi's!
triniaggie
AG
Is Semira injured? Didn't run the 60m finals. I have been expecting so much from her this year. With a 7.18 PB from last year I thought she should be running under 7.20 constantly. The women 60m is fast again this year. Definitely under 7.25 to qualify this year
taylorswift13
AG
I had thought she finished the 60 prelim weird! She slowed down then as she went up the ramp on the curve she moved her body weird as if she stepped wrong! That's what I thought at the time! I figured after last week she'd come back stronger and keep on improving, hopefully she's okay!
triniaggie
AG
It looks like something happened to her midway through the race

taylorswift13
AG
A 3:31 is a solid time for our girls relay!
taylorswift13
AG
What happened to our B relay
taylorswift13
AG
47.85 relay split for Schwartzman
taylorswift13
AG
After that our 2nd and 3rd leg had to play catch up, but Eric Hemphill runs a 45.7 anchor
AggieSwim16
Her time wasn't good today. Our 3 seniors all ran faster last weekend. I'm hoping we can recruit better distance runners.
George Costanza
Lubbock is about triple the altitude of Fayetteville so hopefully that played a part for the distance folks?
taylorswift13
AG
Very true! I'm just talking more for cross country! We've been 3rd and 4th in the region for so long! I just wanna go to nationals! Can't wait to see what Shewaye Johnson can do though! She should automatically be in out top 5! We desperately need a transfer as well!
taylorswift13
AG
That could be true too!
taylorswift13
AG
Tech has gotten some strong transfers that will elevate this time! Then stealing one of the nations top vaulters is huge and they have some strong sprinters! They just went 3:04 indoors and they will have a stronger 4x100
taylorswift13
AG
Hopefully we see a DMR next week! And hopefully Henry send our top guys and runs it more than once! I wanna see

Cooper Cawthra - Eric Hemphill/Auhmad Robinson - Sam Whitmarsh - Eric Casarez
taylorswift13
AG
Zach Davis skips all the way to 17'9.75 let's see how that works out!
taylorswift13
AG
taylorswift13 said:

Zach Davis skips all the way to 17'9.75 let's see how that works out!
HE CLEARS IT WOAH! TOP TEN MARK IN THE NATION! INDOOR/OUTDOOR PR
taylorswift13
AG
His last indoor PR was 17'3! 6 inch PR
taylorswift13
AG
Well spoiler, that's one of my MVP's for the meet
taylorswift13
AG
His 5.43 clearance would have been enough to get him to nationals last year! Let's hope he stays up there!
Anchorhold
So did they turn the cameras off just for the zach vs zach valuts?

Nevermind. There he goes.
triniaggie
AG
Nice splits without Arnold. I hope she is not injured. She was a no show in the individual 400m.
Tierra really went out fast this week
Anchorhold
Son of a zebra's shower cap, the techster got it at 18'-7.25".

Zack Davis finished at 17'-9.75"
Connor Gregston at 16'-8"
taylorswift13
AG
And not bad for Jania's first race too! Her and Tierra can go below 52 maybe Tierra below 51 at full strength! With the way Jermaisha looked last week! I am confident they can get to 3:27!
chrismaroon
AG
Watch for a kid in the high school 800m. Grant Ashby from Lufkin. Just started running indoors and has one of the top 800 indoor times in the state at 1:55:31. Not any indoor facilities here in East Texas so an impressive start to an indoor career. He's a Aggie through and through from an Aggie family and wants to run at A&M. He continues to grow and is now over 6' 4" with a long stride. I hear some people say he's too tall but I know the young man and he lives and breathes track and A&M and if we don't sign him we are making a mistake. Great family. Great Aggies. Great young man. .
taylorswift13
AG
Awesome! If he's already PR'd by a second off his outdoor PR one race into indoors then he's put in the work and coaches will notice! If he can run that indoors in January I bet he can go 1:50 by May! That'll get him on the team more than likely! Just keep hitting PR's! A 1:55 is impressive this early indoors!
taylorswift13
AG
Still zero quotes from any coaches or athletes on the press release after the meet!
taylorswift13
AG
taylorswift13's Red Raider Open MVP's

Women
G'Auna Edwards - 20'9 Long Jump (#6 in the nation), 8.32 60 hurdle, 5'8 high jump! The multi athlete is starting to show her versatility and I bet she can even jump further in the long jump! She may score in the jumps and pentathlon

Men
Zach Davis - 17'9.75/5.43 pole vault! (#12 in the nation) A 6 inch indoor PR and massive leap!

Caden Norris - 1:50 800 and 48.1 relay split… 9 months after tearing something in his leg I believe and having to be carried off the track April 9th! Expect big things from this year once he is back to full strength

Eric Hemphill
45.78 relay split! 21.57 200 (his only 200 last year outdoors was a 21.9) this kid came and put in the work and it is showing! Gonna be the next great Aggie 400 runner!
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.