2023 Australian Open

3,055 Views | 45 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Capybara
Capybara
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Tsitsipas-Nole final imminent. Woohoo
Harry Dunne

Margo Robbie wondering what a Stefano Seepass is
Sports-Ag
AG
Looks like Paul is going to win the way the match is going. I think Shelton young professional career is showing this match.

I was rooting for Korda but that wrist injury had him retired. I think his game looks more well rounded than any American players right now.

From reading the thread of grand slams to visit I would want to go to the Australian Open. From the aerial shots and Melbourne commercials, the place looks lively.
Chapa96
AG
Sports-Ag said:

Looks like Paul is going to win the way the match is going. I think Shelton young professional career is showing this match.

I was rooting for Korda but that wrist injury had him retired. I think his game looks more well rounded than any American players right now.

From reading the thread of grand slams to visit I would want to go to the Australian Open. From the aerial shots and Melbourne commercials, the place looks lively.

Highly recommend it. While down there go hit NZ and Fiji!
bigfoot10s
AG
So Novak is into the semifinals, again. He has only dropped one set all tournament and that was in a tiebreaker, I will be shocked if anyone pushes him
Harry Dunne
Agree. It's probably like bet $100 to win back 110 and there's always a chance he could roll his ankle or whatever and you lose your money but I'd say Novak to win it all is probably the safest bet in all of sports this week.
AgBQ-00
AG
How long has it been since we had an American man in the semis of a grand slam?
Harry Dunne
Tiafoe at the US Open last summer. It had been since Roddick in '06 for the US Open. Sam Querrey made the semis in Wimbledon in 2017. I believe that's the last one before that but not sure.

I read today that the last time the US had 3 men in a GS QF was Agassi, Blake & Ginepri in '05.
AgBQ-00
AG
I had forgotten about Tiafoe going that far last year. And completely did not realize Sam ever went that far in a grand slam. I'm really ready for the US to be more of a mainstay deep in tourneys though.
Capybara
I like Tommy Paul and Frances. I've warmed up to Korda this year as well. I've never cared for either Brooksby or Fritz. Not much of opinion on Shelton yet.
Capybara
Rooting for Nole tonight. Bleh
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.