2023 Australian Open

3,053 Views | 45 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Capybara
AgBQ-00
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone else watching some of opening day?
taylorswift13
AG
Nice match going on right now with a great first day crowd!
AgBQ-00
AG
The Collins match is a grinder.

WHAT IS UP WOTH TIAFOE'S CLOTHES???!!!???
taylorswift13
AG
I like how Collins plays! She has heart! And LOL
Chapa96
AG
Ive been to the French, US Open, toured Wimbledon but the Austr Open was my fav to attend. I'll go back!
SNB_813
AG
Would obviously really wanna see Nadal win it all. Kyrgios pulling out sucks, so I guess I'd like Tiafoe if Nadal doesn't pull through
AgBQ-00
AG
Have always wanted to go to the big tournaments. Would most like to see Wimbledon
Anchorhold
Are there any ags competing this year?
bigfoot10s
AG
Krajicek and Withrow in doubles

Arthur lost first round singles last night
AgBQ-00
AG
Watching a replay from yesterday's action. Andy Murray is looking better than I've seen him in a long while
bigfoot10s
AG
Had to shut down outside courts yesterday due to heat. Was a level 5 out of 5.
AgBQ-00
AG
That Murray match was awesome!!
StinkyPinky
AG
AgBQ-00 said:

That Murray match was awesome!!
I missed it, but heard it was great. Good for him for being able to come back from that surgery.
bigfoot10s
AG
Never have been a Murray fan. Not sure why, and no disrespect to him at all, he's just always been boring to me.

That being said, him coming back from that surgery is insane. Good for him!
SNB_813
AG
bigfoot10s said:

Never have been a Murray fan. Not sure why, and no disrespect to him at all, he's just always been boring to me.

That being said, him coming back from that surgery is insane. Good for him!

I think his constant talking and fist pumping has really bothered me in the past.
I feel bad for him though with his injuries and want to see him play well. None of that stuff really bothers me anymore
digging tunnels
AG
Watching the AO for first time in years. I'm watching Nadal/McDonald match, and I notice there are no line judges but I still hear them calling fault/out. Is this something new?? It's the first time I've never seen them before. Where are they at?
SNB_813
AG
They got rid of line judges and use a robot system to make calls
safety guy
AG
Father time wins another one. It will be interesting to see where Nadal goes from here. Body breaking down, married with kid. Will he have another miracle finish at the French. That tournament is a grind.
bigfoot10s
AG
safety guy said:

Father time wins another one. It will be interesting to see where Nadal goes from here. Body breaking down, married with kid. Will he have another miracle finish at the French. That tournament is a grind.
The fact that he has played at this level for this long, given the game style he plays and is the best at, is remarkable. I hate to see him go, but I figure he will retire by the end of the year. The physical grind of the clay season will be too much.

That being said, he may have hit better shots when he couldn't move than when before he injured himself. It was fun to watch while also being tough to see!
StinkyPinky
AG
It's the pommy in him
AgBQ-00
AG
I really like how Brooksby plays the game
bigfoot10s
AG
Swing your swing!!
bigfoot10s
AG
Big wins for Brooksby and Mmoh!

8 American men in the round of 32!!!
AgBQ-00
AG
Another amazing match by Murray!!!
SNB_813
AG
Happy for him. What a competitor
bigfoot10s
AG
What a comeback for Murray!
AgBQ-00
AG
I thought it was over down 2 sets. Guy just grinds.
StinkyPinky
AG
What a legend
Mike Elko
AG
Just found this thread. Been watching/following the tourney. Murray with two epic matches. R3 will be tough for him to advance given the energy spent thus far, imo. And so glad Nadal (aka Buttpicker) was knocked out early. Niiice. Hopefully Americans continue to make some noise.
SNB_813
AG
AustinAg2012 said:

Just found this thread. Been watching/following the tourney. Murray with two epic matches. R3 will be tough for him to advance given the energy spent thus far, imo. And so glad Nadal (aka Buttpicker) was knocked out early. Niiice. Hopefully Americans continue to make some noise.

Bad take. Nadal is a class act and legend. One of the greatest competitors in all of sports history
Capybara
I'll be upset if I wake up and see Tsitsipas won. Unfortunately it's likely because he typically overpowers Sinner, but Daddy's boy pisses me off no matter the venue or opponent. Hell, I rooted for Nole against him at RG two years ago. I'd even rather see Zverev, a sociopath, win a slam before him.
Mike Elko
AG
SpeedyNoilBurner said:

AustinAg2012 said:

Bad take. Nadal is a class act and legend. One of the greatest competitors in all of sports history
Never said he wasn't. Just not a fanboy like most and glad an American beat him to advance. Four in R4 is impressive. Cheers to keeping it going.
pdc093
Ostapenko needs to put down the fork sooner, and more often....
Capybara
Capybara said:

I'll be upset if I wake up and see Tsitsipas won. Unfortunately it's likely because he typically overpowers Sinner, but Daddy's boy pisses me off no matter the venue or opponent. Hell, I rooted for Nole against him at RG two years ago. I'd even rather see Zverev, a sociopath, win a slam before him.
Rough loss for Sinner. I'm all in on Korda in the top half now.
AgBQ-00
AG
so 3 Americans into the final 8. Pretty good showing this year. Excited to see how this newest batch of Americans grow and compete going forward
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.