*** Volleyball Transfer Portal Thread ***

5,075 Views | 26 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by taylorswift13
taylorswift13
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Outgoing:
Destiny Cox - Texas Tech
Brooke Frazier - SMU

Incoming

Portal List - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FmftvkjlqE3B5F6Iqf-IRx6Dmb1bwtyzEL40LRwLO8U/htmlview

Twitter Link to Portal Entries - https://twitter.com/CVBTransfers
Jack Pearson
AG
Thanks!
taylorswift13
AG
So fun seeing these big names enter the portal but it's so hard to convince myself that these girls want to come join a rebuild! The only good thing is that there's so many of them entering the portal, the chances of strong ones being in there is higher! We just need Coach Morrison to land them!

Unless you're a setter and can come set for Meuth and Lednicky, that would be intriguing! Or I'm hoping we can land a dominant middle!
taylorswift13
AG
Joining Melanie Parra from tu in the portal is middle Deandra Pierce! One more athlete Morrison has coached! She's undersized at 6'1, so not sure if she's someone we need but interesting at the leastโ€ฆ. Still many others have been flooding the portal. :9 much talent in there, hopefully we can find a fewโ€ฆ
Artimus Gordon
Anchorhold
-All-Regional team (2022)
-All-Big Ten Second Team (2021)
-Hometown: Frisco, Texas
Gave an good interview to GopherTalk while they were in the playoffs
One comment from that video said: "Let's go Jenna!! Time to dance back home " and maybe now it is time.
kwammer
going to Austin
TrackFan
TrackFan
https://instagr.am/p/CmhXovaPRXI
Anchorhold
Only 6'1" anyway. NEXT.
Wicked Good Ag
Tough loss. she would have been a day one starter but understand why

If she wants to compete for championships we arent the program in the next two years
Ag4eva95
Given she isn't an all American at Minnesota, I'd be surprised if she carved out a regular role at TU. Unless the release the potential in her, not sure this is a smart move. They have some talented players on the bench. This is questionable at best
ContinentalAg
Parents are Aggies right? Wonder if she thought about coming here?
Wicked Good Ag
cbmik95 said:

Given she isn't an all American at Minnesota, I'd be surprised if she carved out a regular role at TU. Unless the release the potential in her, not sure this is a smart move. They have some talented players on the bench. This is questionable at best

She was the number three recruit in nation at one point
Signed and played for a top ten team and started. One of the better players to enter the portal this season. Texas needs a pin for sure. Will she compete for a position ?? Sure because they have a ton of talent on that team but I think she takes one pin position this season for them.

I was hoping she would pick TAMU since her parents if she wanted to just play VB and be a student with no pressure. But she wants to be a champion. Can't fault her for that
Texas just got more loaded and we are years away from that level even in the portal age
Ag4eva95
I mean, yes and no. She had a national championship caliber team at Minnesota. Their coach just retired. Kayla Caffey was an all American at Nebraska and was consistently inconsistent in the lineup(injuries and bad setter connection). I wish her well, just question the decision. TU will not be the same next year, losing ALOT of pieces from the natty team. Doubt they start the year #1
JFABNRGR
AG
cbmik95 said:

I mean, yes and no. She had a national championship caliber team at Minnesota. Their coach just retired. Kayla Caffey was an all American at Nebraska and was consistently inconsistent in the lineup(injuries and bad setter connection). I wish her well, just question the decision. TU will not be the same next year, losing ALOT of pieces from the natty team. Doubt they start the year #1
I still think they will be a top 4 contender. picking up some new great players both as freshmen and in the portal.

Stanford should be back in the final 4, they have almost everybody returning.
โ€œYou can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me.โ€
- Alexander Solzhenitsyn
taylorswift13
AG
cbmik95 said:

they lose Eggleston which can never be replaced, as well as Zoe Fleck who was a monster, and lose Caffey and their setter Torres! They will reload, but they won't be as impossible to beat as they were this season! Having Eggleston freed up all their other hitters
Ag4eva95
You just stated 3 all americans, not necessarily replaceable. I'm not saying Wennas isn't capable, but given she's had the opps to be the Eggleston of Minnesota and never did, I have doubts. I would take her in a heart beat. To pair up our pins with her, would make us difficult to beat. Will they still be a top 5 team, sure. But they were unstoppable this year, going to be a while before that happens again for them.

Just my opinion, who knows wtf actually happens next season! Maybe we will hire Elliott as an assistant for us! Kidding
Faustus
cbmik95 said:

You just stated 3 all americans, not necessarily replaceable. I'm not saying Wennas isn't capable, but given she's had the opps to be the Eggleston of Minnesota and never did, I have doubts. I would take her in a heart beat. To pair up our pins with her, would make us difficult to beat. Will they still be a top 5 team, sure. But they were unstoppable this year, going to be a while before that happens again for them.

Just my opinion, who knows wtf actually happens next season! Maybe we will hire Elliott as an assistant for us! Kidding
That seems about right.
Texas has been in the championship match 4 of the last 8 years, and final four 10 of the last 15.

It took the super team to get over the top again since the last time the Horns won in 2012.

Stanford and Wisconsin should be the favorites heading into next year according to VT, although Husker fans may beg to differ.
taylorswift13
AG
Anchorhold
Good luck to Brooke. When is it our turn?
taylorswift13
AG
Not sure which girls are using their super senior years or actually who has one left, but we honored 4 girls on senior day and 2 have transferred out! I think only Madison Bowser can come back! Then we have 3 freshman coming in! So maybe we have 2 spots left??? I guess it's too late for spring transfers, but maybe we grab two more in the summer!
Ag4eva95
I bet you see a lot of updates after the spring. There is alot of transition right now in volleyball. I was expecting a lot more transfers across volleyball by now. I can definitely see more leaving our team to make room for some more high profile recruits
Ag4eva95
Finally the first domino in a very weak position for us! Morgan Perkins from OU. Very welcomed addition! Now we need a setter or two, maybe another middle dependent on Bowser, and probably one more OH
taylorswift13
AG
Hell yeah! Second team all Big 12 as a freshman! Hit over .400 and had 155 kills! Has worked with our assistants before and a part of Houston Skyline! A middle duo of Bowser and Perkins can be deadly!

https://12thman.com/news/2023/1/25/texas-am-volleyball-adds-transfer-morgan-perkins.aspx
taylorswift13
AG
Setter is gonna be so important! I hope we get a strong one and another hitter!
taylorswift13
AG
https://instagr.am/p/Cn2eBcxLIUr
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.