*****Official Dallas Stars 2022-2023 season thread*****

336,703 Views | 7844 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by Legal Custodian
hoosier-daddy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I almost never remember my dreams. I woke up this morning with a big wtf. The Stars traded for Sheldon Souray. Stars comfortably in a playoff spot. Skip to last game of the season, stars lose in OT missing the playoffs. Souray's line was unplayable per the newspaper headline. Woke up.
South Platte
We need somebody with hockey clout on here to start a 23-24 season thread. Your honor, your honor?
FWAppraiser
AG
I was going to let Legal Custodian do the honors again. 48 days until training camp in Cedar Park!
Legal Custodian
AG
Bob Loblaws Law Blog said:

Legal Custodian said:

Most likely we'll have $20mil in cap space for next off season. But we'll only have 5 forwards under contract. Roope is a RFA after this season, and he'll probably want $7+ per depending on how he does this season. That'll leave $13mil to sign probably 7 guys. We'll have to think 3 guys will come from our minor league system and take up what? $800,000 per? So that'll leave roughly $10mil to sign 4 forwards. So hopefully enough to make one decent signing ($5mil or so, possibly resigning Pavelski?) and the rest used to fill out the roster.

Is that how y'all see it?

https://puckpedia.com/team/dallas-stars#breakdown

And that's barring any type of trade that might open up more cap space.
I'm thinking Hintz and Peterson are "locks" to re-sign. I would imagine Johnston, Bourque, and Stankoven are all expected to be significant contributors in 2023 - 2024.

So I'm seeing Seguin, Benn, Marchment, Faksa, Hintz, Robertson, Peterson, Johnston, Bourque, and Stankoven. That leaves two spots to fill. I'm seeing $28M in cap space for next year. So if we assume Robertson gets $6M, that leaves $22M. If we assume Peterson, Johnston, Bourque, and Stankoven are each at $1.5M (double league minimum, and probably too high) and Hintz get $7M, that leaves about $9M for two spots. I'm far from a cap expert so this could be totally offbase.

I'd be happy bringing Glendening back if he has a year like the last one, but he's a UFA, so that might be tough. Gurianov and Kiviranta have to show significantly more than they did last year if I'm going to want them back.
I'll start a new thread shortly.

Just want to give a shoutout to Bob Loblaws Law Blog for almost nailing this prediction. The numbers between players were a touch off, but we pretty much had $9 million leftover which we signed Sam Steel, Craig Smith, Dadonov, and Duchene with.

Also he called it that Glendening, Gurianov, and Kivi are no longer on the team. He posted this in September of last year.
Legal Custodian
AG
https://texags.com/forums/10/topics/3390619/replies/65330056

Here's the new season thread
First Page Refresh
Page 225 of 225

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.