Other Collegiate (Non A&M) Track & Field Results

5,694 Views | 62 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by TRM
taylorswift13
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thought I'd start a thread where we can list performances from other collegians that'll impact the national standings per event or the team race. Also so we don't list other results in our own Aggie race threads! We can use this to scout our competition, such as Florida, Georgia, Arkansas, LSU and others, or just notice as fans the greatness of other athletes!

Also to qualify for Indoor Nationals, top 16 marks in each event will be selected and top 12 relays! You can access those rankings here, https://www.tfrrs.org/indoor_lists.html
taylorswift13
AG
Clemson Invite 60 Hurdles was a fast fast race, bad news for us is Grace Stark looks stronger early on and could be a key contributor in the national race for the Gators

Grace Stark (Florida) 7.86
Paula Salmon (NCA&T) 7.91
Chanel Brissett (texas) 8.04
Milan Young (texas) 8.14
taylorswift13
AG
Florida has Tailtha Diggs and Semira Killebrew go 7.24 and 7.31 in a 60 prelim
taylorswift13
AG
New Gators Jasmine Moore goes 21'7 and Anna Hall goes 19'7 in the long jump
taylorswift13
AG
Randolph Ross runs a 45.37 to open the season
taylorswift13
AG
Matthew Boling jumps 27'0
taylorswift13
AG
Abby Steiner is back! 22.58 in the 200
triniaggie
AG
Obviously the intentions of many schools and athletes are to qualify for NCAA very early in the season in case of Covid protocols or injuries during the season.
taylorswift13
AG
Absolutely, can't wait to see where our athletes stand after today, some events are going to be so tight to get into! Each week is going to be important!
taylorswift13
AG
Texas Tech freshman Terrence Jones goes 6.47 in the 60... sheesh
taylorswift13
AG
and Ruth Usuro goes 48'5 in the freaking long jump holy cow! her Her new teammate Ruta Lasmane goes 45'5! We need Acquah to medal here!
Look Out Below
AG
That guy false started. The officials at Texas Tech are garbage. I haven't seen Usuro's jump but I'd call that into question too knowing how they operate.
taylorswift13
AG
Interesting you brought that up! The times at Texas Tech always always seem fast! And Usoro always seems to PR at home, hopefully Acquah gets to jump up there in a couple weeks! Although with a 48'5 jump and worlds being this summer I don't see how Usoro stays at Tech till outdoors, much like KC Lightfoot last year
triniaggie
AG
Just crazy
Usoro triple jump record has been wiped away because she actually jumped 13.76m and not 14.76m

Track and field: Tech says Usoro erroneously credited with NCAA record jump (lubbockonline.com)
Look Out Below
AG
I told you their officials are garbage...lol

I heard the best long jump of Deborah Acquah's career was at the meet in Lubbock last year but they mismeasured it. Would have easily been our school record.
triniaggie
AG
LOB - You were right again
taylorswift13
AG
That's just ridiculous, they should disqualify all marks from that competition! Makes you think of all the crazy marks Gabe Oladipo hits that he's unable to at any other venue... if they have jumpers get in over ours, I'm going to be heated!
taylorswift13
AG
Bet that jump was over 22
oklaunion
Look Out Below said:

I told you their officials are garbage...lol

I heard the best long jump of Deborah Acquah's career was at the meet in Lubbock last year but they mismeasured it. Would have easily been our school record.
People make mistakes, probably even you. I know quite a few of those officials up there and they are far from garbage. Many will travel several hours to officiate, getting back home after midnight on the last day. I don't know if Tech pays their officials but I know A&M doesn't.
I gets loud inside those indoor venues and it can be hard to hear others. Most of the officials are 60+ so if you want things to get better, go ahead and volunteer yourself.
Look Out Below
AG
Our officials deal with practically the same circumstances as the ones in Lubbock and absolutely do not make these kinds of mistakes.

Everyone makes mistakes but 'mistakes' that end up in collegiate records potentially coming down are not excusable in any way shape or form. For it to happen twice in the same meet is even worse.

...and as far as volunteering myself, I've already been doing that for a long, long time.
oklaunion
then you know that many of those officials at Tech are also officials at A&M.
Look Out Below
AG
A&M & Tech both hosted meets last weekend and both will again this weekend.

I realize some officials try to work both schools' meets but the crew that worked last weekend in Lubbock could not have worked the A&M meet on the same day.
taylorswift13
AG
Getting back on track (pun intended) here are some live results link for anyone interested. Texas Tech will host, Texas, LSU, and some athletes from Kentucky, Arkansas, and USC. Bama and Georgia will be competing at the Sanford Invite. Florida and the majority of the Arkansas team have off!

Tech Meet: https://live.pttiming.com/?mid=4749

Sanford Invite: https://live.xpresstiming.com/meets/12512
taylorswift13
AG
Sammy Watson runs a 55.02 400 at Tech
Look Out Below
AG
Never should have left college. What a shame.
taylorswift13
AG
Look Out Below said:

Never should have left college. What a shame.
her 800 performances since leaving are mind boggling... sad to see! But the way she left still hurts lol, just right before conference indoors
taylorswift13
AG
Texas women have a solid showing, Julian Alfred goes 7.10 in the 60, Kennedy Flannel 22.97in the 200, and Kennedy Simon goes 52.15... but them showing out early and plateauing seems to be a common theme
taylorswift13
AG
Monae Nichols of Tech jumps 21'10
taylorswift13
AG
Shakwon Coke of Barton CC jumps 25'7.25! Has a best of 26'9 and 53'1 in the triple and 54'9 wind aided!!! He would've been a classic Pat Henry JUCO pickup and I'm sure every school will be after him following this season, he's a name to remember!
Look Out Below
AG
...or did she? lol
taylorswift13
AG
Lol my first thought when I saw that mark!!! We need our jumpers to head out there, free meters for everyone

Also did Usoro take the week off out of embarrassment or went in vacation mode after she saw a 48'5 jump haha
taylorswift13
AG
texas men have strong showing in the indoor 800 but needed their top 400 guy to pace them... so instead of him trying to get a top 16 mark he's pacing people, they had two top runners pacing the 3000 last week! So if you go to tu get you're pacing shoes on lol
taylorswift13
AG
Women's 4x400

Kentucky 3:28.6
Arkansas 3:29.0
Texas 3:31.2
Look Out Below
AG
Kentucky is going to be tough with Holmes back this year. We'll need our top four in tip-top shape to win.
taylorswift13
AG
Rachel Glenn reigning high jump outdoor champion misses 3 attempts at 6'1.5, she struggles indoors last year before going crazy outdoors, I'm sure she'll get back on track or may have only been 6 stepping it, but it will be huge if Lamara can take her down!
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.