**** Aggies at US Track and Field Trials****

59,452 Views | 755 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Anchorhold
Z3phyr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Aggie Viewing Guide:
CST with US top marks in (#), does not take into account scratches

Friday 18th
1st round
6:30 pm W400: [not running but still Athing Mu (1st) ], Shamier Little (2nd), Jessica Beard (4th), Tierra Robinson-Jones (21st) 400 UNIVERSITY
6:58 pm M400: Bryce Deadmon (4th)
7:26 pm M800: Brandon Miller (8th), Dovovan Brazier (1st), Devin Dixon (29th)
8:15 pm: WTJ: LaJarvia Brown (25th), Ciynamon Stevenson (27th) (24 Qualify so need scratches)
Saturday 19th
4:15 pm MJav Sam Hardin (12th)
6:30 pm MPV: Jacob Wooten (9th), Audie Wyatt (22nd)
7:43 pm M100: Fred Kerley (4th)
9:04 pm M800: qualifiers from yesterday
9:20 pm W400
9:35 pm W400
Sunday 20th
8:19 pm M100
9:06 pm W400 FINAL
9:15 pm M400 FINAL
9:52 pm M100 FINAL
Monday 21st
7:28 pm M800 FINAL
Thursday 24th
9:00 pm W800: Athing Mu (1st)
9:32 pm M400H James Smith (21st)
Friday 25th
3:00 pm WJav Maggie Malone (1st)
4:04 pm M200 Fred Kerley
5:02 pm W800
5:18 pm M400H
5:35 pm W400H Shamier Little (1st), Dominque Mustin (28th)
Saturday 26th
7:30 pm Wjav: Final
8:19 pm W400H
8:44 pm W10000 Natosha Rogers (6th)
9:33 pm M200
Sunday 27th
6:20 pm W400H Final
6:52 pm W800 Final
7:22 pm M200 Final
taylorswift13
AG
There better be a good stream for all these events! Annie Kunz will also be contesting the heptathlon, and Sam Hardin in the javelin! I can't wait to see some damn heat sheets
taylorswift13
AG
Here's a cool YouTube video of Shamier Little interviewing herself before Trials... it is hilarious

taylorswift13
AG
5k favorite reigning national champion and American Record holder Shelby Houlihan received a 4 year ban for testing positive for anabolic steroids! Wow! She's blaming it on a burrito...
brewcrewag
That is a AWESOME video!!
TRM
AG
taylorswift13 said:

5k favorite reigning national champion and American Record holder Shelby Houlihan received a 4 year ban for testing positive for anabolic steroids! Wow! She's blaming it on a burrito...

Time for a TexAgs pig offal nandrolone level case study.
taylorswift13
AG
Love her laugh! I've always loved her personality, I'm rooting for her so much at this Olympic trials!
taylorswift13
AG
That's hilarious lol! I'm really curious about this... all her Bowerman teammates have released statements for her the whole track world is behind her, but there has to be something more! She hasn't raced at all in 2021 surprisingly!
TRM
AG
taylorswift13 said:

That's hilarious lol! I'm really curious about this... all her Bowerman teammates have released statements for her the whole track world is behind her, but there has to be something more! She hasn't raced at all in 2021 surprisingly!
Well, Frerichs and Shelby are the big names on the women's side of BTC so I expect that.

Personally, she should pulled out the Shawn Barber excuse. It was a stressful holiday season and she needed a muscular man, but he had nandrolone on his lips without telling her.
taylorswift13
AG

taylorswift13
AG
Evan Jager announced he's not competing either, nor Is Molly Huddle in the 10k that will help Natosha Roger's chances!
wangus12
AG
taylorswift13 said:

I kinda feel bad for her. 4 year ban effectively ends her Olympic career (2021-2024). Ban her for a year with periodic drug tests and if she's clean throughout, reinstate her.

USATF is taking a hit with the doping. Houlihan, Christian Coleman, Brianna Rollins. One thing in common is they all work with Nike.....
taylorswift13
AG
Yeah I do feel for her, but if it's true I understand holding her out of this Olympics, but they shouldn't hurt her for 2024 :/ the Nike athletes are curiously the one's either getting caught or the ones they're coming down on, the entire Bowerman Training Club is sketchy, 3 other athletes pulled out of the trials this very week, and a few others left the BTC in January when Shelby first got suspended, wonder if it's related to Shelby or just a huge coincidence... a lot is not adding up. I wanna the whole report!
TRM
AG
Ajee Wilson was popped for a positive test a couple years ago and blamed contaminated food - she's with adidas though.
Pahdz
obviously made by a salty Brit track fan
Pahdz
also....we've GOT to just keep stuff to one thread. I'm over about to post on the 2021 T&F thread and then realize all the trials (and Shelby...non Ag...just saying) talk is in this thread. Let's clean it up
Pahdz
Let's talk Fred for a sec....what is everyone's thought here?

He probably saw that he's not really in the global top 3 in the 400m, but by not running that he removes himself from an automatic spot on the team (relay pool)

He had the one sub 10 100m, but that's a deep event in the USA right now.

200m is the enigma...he SHOULD be fast at it, but he has exactly ZERO sub 20 clockings.
taylorswift13
AG
I believe Fred had tweeted something like "he wanted to go get his" then deleted it, which is slang for wanting to make money. So possibly the move to the sprints is to get more acclaim and build his fan base, although giving up your main event is not the smartest thing to do. He must really have faith in his speed training! And you'd think with his 100 speed and 400 endurance he should kill the 200, and maybe he has something up his sleeve! Also maybe he can work his way on both relays!! Very interesting for sure!
Z3phyr
taylorswift13 said:

I believe Fred had tweeted something like "he wanted to go get his" then deleted it, which is slang for wanting to make money. So possibly the move to the sprints is to get more acclaim and build his fan base, although giving up your main event is not the smartest thing to do. He must really have faith in his speed training! And you'd think with his 100 speed and 400 endurance he should kill the 200, and maybe he has something up his sleeve! Also maybe he can work his way on both relays!! Very interesting for sure!

I agree, he most likely sees it as a bigger market to be 'fastest man in the world' if he can win the 100m. Fred also does not lack confidence so he probably isn't worried about running his off event
taylorswift13
AG
Aggie signee Katelyn Fairchild has been declared to compete in the women's javelin at the Olympic Trials! Quite a feat for someone who graduated high school a couple weeks ago, how amazing!
taylorswift13
AG

Look Out Below
AG
Over/under on number of people that make the team in this photo? I see three at a minimum.
taylorswift13
AG
I love this picture, look at how happy Pat Henry looks!! Definitely could be over, Beard and Deadmon even placing top 6, top 8 in the 400 puts on the relay pool and they both have a shot at top 3!
taylorswift13
AG
Imagine you're a 400/800 recruit and you see that picture... how do you not want to come here lol
awrollins
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but does Athing have a chance of winning the 800 at the Olympics?
taylorswift13
AG
awrollins said:

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but does Athing have a chance of winning the 800 at the Olympics?
She has a really great chance. She has the fastest 800 time in the US and she only ran it once. Her main competition will be Ajee Wilson who has a best of 1:55 but that was in 2017! Wilson has run only 1:58 this season! Raevyn Rogers (1:57.69) and Hanna Green (1:58.19) will also be fighting against Mu for a top 3 spot, but I like Mu's chances! Mu's best is 1:57.73! With Mu's 400 speed I'm putting my money on her down the homestretch! I feel like she can go low 1:57 and that should win!
taylorswift13
AG
Heat sheets are up and both Bryce Deadmon and Brandon Miller are running on Friday and both got good heat draws! Top 3 in each heat and the next 4 times advance to the semis! Deadmon did get lane 3 but he ran his PR in that lane as well and will have a crazy fast starter on his outside! Miller could easily advance as well without exerting too much energy! A 1:46 should advance! Brazier could walk the last 100 and still advance to the semis lol.

taylorswift13
AG
https://results.usatf.org/
mullokmotx
AG
Really a challenge for college athletes who ran hard last weekend to come back in 1 week to run all out in the Trials. Mu gets a little break since she will have almost 2 weeks between races. Give credit to Pat Henry and his coaches for recruiting the tremendous athletes shown in that photo.
wangus12
AG
Still feels weird not seeing Fred in the 400m
bebhillah
rather surprised to see that Track & Field News is picking Fred Kerley to finish second in the 100m--let's hope they are right
taylorswift13
AG
Shamier on the Aggie picture
taylorswift13
AG
Jessica Beard will also be running today and looks to have an easy qualifying as well... she will be pushed by Allyson Felix though and it will be a great race!

DD88
AG
FloTrack had a FB video on Athing Mu:

https://www.facebook.com/FloTrack/videos/547538636407758/
Oogway
Jessica Beard is on to the next round as is Bryce Deadmon.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.