***** 2021 SEC Outdoor Track & Field Championship *****

17,058 Views | 205 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by TRM
taylorswift13
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
MadDog73 said:

Where do I buy tickets for the West regional? Thanks.
usually on the 12th man foundation website but they haven't released them for some reason yet! I would assume sometime soon though!
coloradoag69
AG
Good discussion.

I looked at the NCAA meet schedule, and it's really set up up for distance and sprints and against middle distance. Essentially, the men and women are conducting separate meets every other day. But the 400, 400 hurdles, 800, 1500 and 4x400 are all run on the same day which limits middle distance runners to two events at most.

Sprinters can run 100, 110 hurdles, 200 and 4x100 all in the same meet, although admittedly you seldom see any one double on hurdles.

They spread the 3000 steeple chase, 5000, and 10,000 over three separate days!

What's wrong with this picture?
triniaggie
AG
I am happy to see Jaevin Reed clock 53.44 in 400m prelim which would give a spot at Regionals.
The men 4x100m relay really looked good up to the final leg. They were actually leading but the foot speed of LSU and Georgia in the final leg made the difference

Highlights, results: A&M's Athing Mu lights up SEC Outdoor Championships | TexAgs

taylorswift13
AG
Yeah thankfully Jaevin ran well and ran really really well in the relay... she really surprised me! Syaira still has a spot as well but I doubt we'll get to see her run! Yeboah ran a GOOD first leg but the handoff between him and Achane wasn't the best! Broome ran really well on the curve! I believe our men can easily be top five! A better handoff and we beat Georgia! On the women's side, Zhane looked really well, I'm surprised we took Laila Owens out cause Hall dropped us a few in the third leg! Going to be interesting to see who is competing where at regionals!
triniaggie
AG
Yeah I found it strange that Laila Owens did not run on the 4x100m and the 200m. Maybe they decided to run her in the 400m to help her strength work coming back from injury
taylorswift13
AG
When they ask why Mu is running the 400 instead of the 800... this might be why! But what's even more critical is Charokee Young improving! She looked so great indoors and I know she has sub 51 potential, hopefully it comes at the right time!
triniaggie
AG
They are all in NCAA West Regionals. It is going to be tough to make the top 12 in the women 400m
taylorswift13
AG
triniaggie said:

They are all in NCAA West Regionals. It is going to be tough to make the top 12 in the women 400m
it's going to be crazy, THANKFULLY we're at home again! The people out west haven't traveled as much, hopefully the Texas humidity gets to them! I think as of tomorrow top 12 will be a 51.7, Mu will get in for sure, hopefully Charokee can as well along with another either Robinson-Jones or maybe even a Syaira Richardson. In the photos the team posted from the meet, both Richardson and Jania Martin were sitting in the team stands with no braces or casts so maybe just maybe we've been saving them
blommy
Based on the interview Mu did after her 400M win, it sounds like she is running the 800 in the Olympic trials and I would think she would run the same race in the NCAA's. That would open up an extra spot for Charokee to qualify in the 400.
taylorswift13
AG
blommy said:

Based on the interview Mu did after her 400M win, it sounds like she is running the 800 in the Olympic trials and I would think she would run the same race in the NCAA's. That would open up an extra spot for Charokee to qualify in the 400.
that would be ideal, but I'm just so afraid that it Mu doesn't run the 400 USC can have 3 girls in the top 8 and get major points, whereas Mu would have knocked them all down a place while getting us the points! Having to run the 800 twice at the national prelims and then twice at nationals might be too much on her legs also! I believe Wednesday the acceptances for regionals are out! So we shall see
AG75FYL
Mu got young legs, turn her loose!!!
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
What has happened to Dixon! Last in the 800 ! But ran ok on the 400 relay.
BigJim49AustinnowDallas
taylorswift13
AG
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas said:

What has happened to Dixon! Last in the 800 ! But ran ok on the 400 relay.
nothing personal has been disclosed as to injuries, but it feels so weird not seeing him at the front like always! It shocks you everytime but he has slowly been improving throughout the season but I think it's too late
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
Thanks, Taylor. Good points.
Hand Of God
AG
TRM
AG
Hand Of God said:

Full declarations are here.

http://www.rtspt.com/ncaa/d1outdoor21/
taylorswift13
AG
I called it
taylorswift13
AG
Syaira Richardson is scheduled to run and listed as an alternate for the 4x400 HALLELUJAH! Immanuela Aliu is scratched from the 100 and 200 but left on the 4x100? Laila Owens is in the third leg of the 4x100 along with Zhane Smith, Kaylah Robinson, and Aliu on the anchor! 4x400 has Laila Owens and Richardson as alternates! Jenna Ellis sneaks in in the javelin. Tyra scratched from the hurdles! Arkansas took their top 2 400 girls out, but USC is running 7 of theirs in what's to be a CRAZY 400! Kristen Gear out of the steeple as well but in 5k! Now let me go check the men's list
TRM
AG
Those aren't the legs of the relay, but the relay pool.
taylorswift13
AG
On the men's side everyone looks good to go! The 4x100 has Yeboah, Achane, Comick, and Broome! With Deadmon and Martin as alternates???!!! Hope Comick is healthy! Martin will be fresh for the 100, but I really liked how Broome ran that curve so it will be interesting to see who runs what leg! Achane set to do a triple with the 100, 200, and relay! William Petersson back in the jav after missing conference! James Smith and Brandon Miller are alternates on the 4x400
taylorswift13
AG
Correct, but usually they keep them in running order but I bet Henry moves people around to what he sees fit!
taylorswift13
AG
If no one creates a list of all those competing I'll try to later on and maybe spy on LSU and USC's women's squad and see where their top girls are running?!
taylorswift13
AG

Anyone know where/who the criticism was coming from??? Or is it her just explaining herself! Cause I'll go fight some people if they are talking bad about our Athing Mu
taylorswift13
AG
Okay so here's who's competing for us at the NCAA West Prelims next week!! Only the top 48 athletes entered in the west region get to compete in each event and the top 24 relays! Tyra Gittens already advances in the heptathlon to Oregon!! In the sprint races, there will be two rounds starting with 48 then 24, the distance races 3000 steeple and up will only have one round. The objective is to place TOP 12! As those will advance to nationals and give us the opportunities to score! Sorry for the long post! The numbers in parenthesis are their rank in the prelims!

Women's
Zhane Smith (29)

Laila Owens (20)

Athing Mu (1)
Cherokee Young (7)
Tierra Robinson-Jones (10)
Syaira Richardson (16)
Jaevin Reed (34)

100 Hurdles
Kaylah Robinson (13)
Summer Thorpe (16)

400 Hurdles
Dominique Mustin (8)

4x100 (6)
4x400 (1)

High Jump
Tyra Gittens (1)
Lamara Distin (2)

Long Jump
Tyra Gittens (2)
Deborah Acquah (3)
Zhane Smith (16)
Taryn Milton (32)

Triple Jump
Deborah Acquah (2)
Lamara Distin (17)
Lajarvia Brown (19)
Cinyamon Stevenson (21)

Javelin
Jenna Ellis (46)

Men's
Emmanuel Yeboah (10)
Ryan Martin (18)
Devon Achane (27)

Devon Achane (3)
Lance Broome (18)

Bryce Deadmon (1)
Omajuwa Etiwe (31)

Brandon Miller (2)
Carlton Orange (20)
Devin Dixon (27)

110 Hurdles
Connor Schulman (16)

400 Hurdles
Moitalel Mpoke (1)
James Smith (10)
Dewittt Thomas (27)
Kirk Collins (31)

4x100 (2)
4x400 (2)

High Jump
Carter Bajoit (21)
Jake Lamberth (28)
Mason Corbin (30)

Pole Vault
Sean Clarke (13)
Michael Schmuhl (38)

Discus
Josh Brown (19)

Javelin
Sam Hankins (15)
William Petersson (28)

Let's F'n Gooooooooooooooooooooo!
Sterling82
Agree. She's confident and pushing herself to be even better. Not one thing wrong with her interview or her exuberance.
taylorswift13
AG
Here's a look at USC's women, sorry if its taking up space! They are counting on the sprints and hurdles to score points along with their top relays!! You can look at the 400 rankings and see why we have Mu in that race, without Mu, USC is ranked 1, 2, 5, 7, and 12 in that race alone!!!

Tee Tee Terry (1)
Lanae Tava-Thomas (6)

Tee Tee Terry (3)
Angie Annelus (4)
Lanae Tava-Thomas (10)

400 (uh oh)
Kaelin Roberts (2)
Kyra Constantine (3)
Nicole Yeargin (6)
Bailey Lear (8)
Jan'Taijah Ford (13)
Kimberly Harris (19)
Rae-Anne Serville (24)

Jemima Russel (17)
Alyssa Brewer (30)

100 Hurdles
Anna Cockrell (2)
Jasmine Jones (7)
Mecca McGlaston (15)

400 Hurdles
Anna Cockrell (1)
Breanna Bernard-Jones (13)

4x100 (1)
4x400 (4)

High Jump
Morgan Smalls (9)
Temitope Ojora (14)

Long Jump
Morgan Smalls (11)
Lanae Tava-Thomas (18)

Triple Jump
Temitope Ojora (6)
Morgan Smalls (30)

Discus
Karlee Freeman (31)

Hammer Throw
Joy McArthur (12)
taylorswift13
AG
And our other competitor for the title LSU...
Symone Mason (2)

Favour Ofili (1)
Thelma Davies (9)
Symone Mason (13)

Amber Anning (8)

Lorena Rangel Bartes (16)
Katy Ann-McDonald (24)

100 Hurdles
Tonea Marshall (1)
Alia Armstrong (4)
Milan Young (9)
Brittley Humphrey (20)

400 Hurdles
Brittley Humphrey (2)
Milan Young (3)
Jurnee Woodward (4)
Leah Phillips (12)

3000 Steeple
Alicia Stamey (40)
Sara Funderburk (41)

4x100 (1)
4x400 (3)

High Jump
Abigail O'Donoghue (2)
Nyagoa Bayak (9)

Pole Vault
Lisa Gunnarson (1)

Long Jump
Aaliyah Whisby (30
Mercy Abire (12)
Serena Bolden (32)

Triple Jump
Kyndal McKnight (20)
Serena Bolden (25)

Discus
Amber Hart (29)

Hammer Throw
Emma Robbins (4)
Monique Hardy (9)

Javelin
Noel Baker (31)
taylorswift13
AG
Sorry for taking up lots of space discussing USC and LSU but I believe those two schools will be huge competition for the national title on the girls side! So I'll keep my eye on that regional and hope their girls don't place top 12 lol!
MadDog73
AG
Any word on NCAA allowing more than invited guests to attend the regionals?
taylorswift13
AG
MadDog73 said:

Any word on NCAA allowing more than invited guests to attend the regionals?
I'm not to sure but I'm dissapointed I was really looking forward to go and as a young person who doesn't live in the area I was saving up to make the trip out there! I would assume because there's over 100 schools and 48 athletes per event that they need all the space they can to properly host the athletes and coaches and their families! I'm thinking of even taking a lawn chair and sitting in between the softball field and track but that's me who's a track weirdo lol
taylorswift13
AG
Women's Competitors http://www.rtspt.com/ncaa/d1outdoor21/west_women_declared.htm

Men's Competitors
http://www.rtspt.com/ncaa/d1outdoor21/west_men_declared.htm

Maybe we should start a new thread but I don't wanna start one because usually Triniaggie or TRM starts them lol
TRM
AG
Started. Post away.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.