Texas A&M Alumni Muster Track Meet May 1st 2021

1,930 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Ed Marcinkiewicz
triniaggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Start list is out.

https://www.flashresults.com/2021_Meets/Outdoor/05-01_AlumniMuster/startlist.pdf

Still no Richardson and Laila Owen.. Kennedy Smith still out. Zhane Smith out. James Smith still out. No Jania Martin (guess she is out for the outdoor season)

Mu running 400m with Young, Reed and Robinson- Jones
Dixon, Orange and Miller in the 800m
Broome finally running 100m.
No women 200m starters
Deadmon, Etiwe and Mpoke in the 400m
taylorswift13
AG
That 400 is going to be fun! Athing will get a face time with Charokee on her outside! And Tierra Robinson Jones will get to chase both girls! This would have been a great race for Richardson to run! Hopefully we see a great race in the men's 800, they'll have to push each other! Deadmon will have Lendore on his outside as he'll attempt to drop his time even lower! Hopefully Achane and Yeboah and the other sprinters can drop their 100 times! I'm also expecting a huge day from Gittens in the high jump where hopefully she can go and attempt 6'5 to get the Olympic standard and hopefully Distin can go 6'2! Acquah will hopefully go big in the triple like she did in the long jump last week! Also interesting to note she missed the qualifying Olympic standard by .25 of an inch! Athing and Charokee could catch the 400 Olympic standard of 51.35 as well!
taylorswift13
AG
Also great to see some Aggie legends Shelbi Vaughn, Lindon Victor, Maggie Malone and Jacob Wooten competing this weekend!
taylorswift13
AG
Anybody got a weather update in College Station
triniaggie
AG
Mu is no longer on the start list for the 400m
taylorswift13
AG
Darn tickets better be 6 dollars now not 7 lol
Guest Commenter
Weather.com radar shows flashflood potential between 5-6:15, then from 7:30-9:15 again. Othertimes seem to be clear of inclement weather.
taylorswift13
AG
Thanks for the weather update! I'm unable to make it to the meet so just wanted to se what it was like! Hoping for a dry conditions and fast times!
taylorswift13
AG
No Pr's in today's meet so far
TRM
AG
Weather delay.
taylorswift13
AG
TRM said:

Weather delay.
How bad is it? Or is it just a precautionary 30 min delay??
AggieSwim16
Was raining pretty hard. Now just a drizzle.
taylorswift13
AG
Hopefully it subsides! I'm ready for some track!!
TRM
AG
Delayed until 7:30.
aggierun
FLASH RESULTS IS SAYING THAT REMAINING EVENTS ARE CANCELLED
taylorswift13
AG
What a meet!
taylorswift13
AG
Kerley with the funny homage to Henry's famous motto
triniaggie
AG
Are our home meets only targeting Texas schools? I am wondering since we hosting SEC championship and NCAA West Regional championship, how come not more SEC schools and other top schools haven't tried to come here to compete before the various championships? The only SEC school that came was Arkansas at the first home meet.
We lost one meet yesterday and many athletes are yet to make the qualifying marks for regionals. Not sure how many would compete next week which is just a week before SEC championship. Leaving it up to only the SEC championship to make it to regional could be dangerous but I know the coaches will do their best.
taylorswift13
AG
I'm surprised by that too, it's nowhere near the level of competition we've had previous years! I wonder if it's Coach Henry of the A&M administration only wanting a close schools or are we trying to keep people away from our track because I wouldn't mind the latter lol
TRM
AG
Probably Covid rules. If I recall correctly, the soccer team was restricted to games that were within bus driving distance for non-conference games.
Ed Marcinkiewicz
COVID is primary driving factor. Teams still must meet SEC COVID protocols to compete here. College Station is not the easiest place to get to from our of state and more teams are hosting more home meets not to travel. We did have BYU coming in with their vaulters. That would have been great to see with them competing against Fritsch from Sam Houston. I expect throwers will flock here in future after marks from SEC and NCAA West Regional are posted. I believe our long throws set up is best in country.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.