USA Olympic Track and Field Trials

856 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by mullokmotx
mullokmotx
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just received an email from gotracktownusa.com that tickets for the Trials are being refunded and a revised seating plan and ticket plan will be sent out next month. I was wondering about this since the Trials are scheduled to begin June 18.
taylorswift13
AG
Darn they're probably going to really limit the attendance I assume! Hopefully they still allow people to go because there's nothing like Hayward standing up as a race heads down the straightaway!! Hopefully I can be there in 2024!
mullokmotx
AG
This is what the email said:

"We will continue to work with public health officials in the hope that the county risk level in June will allow for spectators. The revised ticketing program that will be announced in May will focus on creating opportunities for as many people as possible to attend at least one session of the Olympic Trials, with the following key principles:
  • Athlete families will have the opportunity to purchase tickets before the general public.
  • The next level of priority will go to ticket customers who retained their tickets until this point.
  • Tickets will be sold only for individual days of competition and customers will be limited in the number of seats and the number of days that can be purchased."
taylorswift13
AG
That's ridiculous! They should have already had this sorted out and not be keeping people in limbo! I hope you're able to get your tickets!
mullokmotx
AG
I think the main problem is the state of Oregon. I expect the NCAA Championships the week before are in the same boat. I bought my tickets for the Trials in September of 2019.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.