Men's Tennis

28,572 Views | 299 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Chapa96
Onceaggie2.0
How long do you want to ignore this user?
whatever happened to Ryan Newport?
Chapa96
AG
Onceaggie2.0 said:

Now that's a blast from the past.

bigfoot10s
AG
Chapa96 said:

Onceaggie2.0 said:

Probably high somewhere. Man that dude could play though.
SlickRick
A real game changer
Ag4eva95
After 4 seasons at Texas A&M, Barnaby Smith (UTR 13.16) is transferring and has verbally committed to
@FSU_MTennis
for fall of 2021. The '19 All-American played at #4 singles/#1 doubles with 57-26 singles record. ITA high ranks of #1 doubles/#37 singles. Had hip surgery in March.
Ag4eva95
Starting to worry about the potential of next years team. The talent coming in doesn't compare to the talent lost. Baring any incoming transfers, looking like a sweet 16 might be the ceiling for this team
Chapa96
AG
cbmik95 said:

Starting to worry about the potential of next years team. The talent coming in doesn't compare to the talent lost. Baring any incoming transfers, looking like a sweet 16 might be the ceiling for this team
That's gonna hurt.

We lost half of the doubles team and half of the singles lineups. I'm not sure Sweet 16 is doable. I hope I am wrong. Maybe the incoming Freshman will surprise us all.

Ag4eva95
Blue-chip recruit Brayden Reich Michna (UTR 11.87 / #24 in the class of 2023 / #5 in Texas) has verbally committed to @AggieMTEN. Texas A&M has now landed a pair of blue-chip recruits in two of their upcoming three classes (One five-star '22 commit so far).
[url=https://twitter.com/ParsaBombs/status/1410405122333569024/photo/1][/url]

Blue-chip recruit Ritesh Patil (UTR 12.07 / #17 in the class of 2023 / #4 in Texas
@TennisRecNet
) has verbally committed to
@AggieMTEN
Chapa96
AG
cbmik95 said:

Blue-chip recruit Brayden Reich Michna (UTR 11.87 / #24 in the class of 2023 / #5 in Texas) has verbally committed to @AggieMTEN. Texas A&M has now landed a pair of blue-chip recruits in two of their upcoming three classes (One five-star '22 commit so far).
[url=https://twitter.com/ParsaBombs/status/1410405122333569024/photo/1][/url]

Blue-chip recruit Ritesh Patil (UTR 12.07 / #17 in the class of 2023 / #4 in Texas
@TennisRecNet
) has verbally committed to
@AggieMTEN

Love to see this!!
bigfoot10s
AG
22 and 23 are looking better, but what will the team look like this year? Losing the top 3 doesn't help us much.
Harry Dunne
Raven said:

While there was no official announcement, Carlos moving to TCU for a masters degree was a done deal weeks ago. He went with the blessings of our coaches. His leaving frees up some scholarship money for other players .
https://gofrogs.com/news/2021/6/16/mens-tennis-tcu-signs-two-graduate-transfers.aspx

That's a good positive way to look at it, but objectively it's a huge blow.
Harry Dunne
bigfoot10s said:

Chapa96 said:

Onceaggie2.0 said:

he's working successfully in O&G in Houston. Has a beautiful family. Terrorizes men's tennis league down here.

Great guy, unbelievable player. Let he who never passed the bong cast the first stone.
RodgerDodger
This isn't intended to be a shot at these new recruits, but their UTR ratings are lower than the current players on the team that are not in the lineup and I'm assuming are walkons.
SA68AG
AG
RodgerDodger said:

This isn't intended to be a shot at these new recruits, but their UTR ratings are lower than the current players on the team that are not in the lineup and I'm assuming are walkons.
The new recruits are players who will compete at 5 or 6.

Denton needs to go foreign to find replacements for the top of the line-up.
bigfoot10s
AG
Harry Dunne said:

bigfoot10s said:

Chapa96 said:

Onceaggie2.0 said:

he's working successfully in O&G in Houston. Has a beautiful family. Terrorizes men's tennis league down here.

Great guy, unbelievable player. Let he who never passed the bong cast the first stone.

Never passed the bong.
bigfoot10s
AG
SA68AG said:

RodgerDodger said:

The new recruits are players who will compete at 5 or 6.

Denton needs to go foreign to find replacements for the top of the line-up.

Coaches get themselves in a pickle when they don't recruit the highest possible players. Hope it works out for them or this year could be rough. And a few to come.
Harry Dunne
bigfoot10s said:

Harry Dunne said:

bigfoot10s said:

Chapa96 said:

Onceaggie2.0 said:

Never passed the bong.
and Ryan Newport is not Jesus, but I think you'll agree it'd still be more decent of you not to rip a good Ag in his 40s for mistakes he made in his 20s.
bigfoot10s
AG
Harry Dunne said:

bigfoot10s said:

Harry Dunne said:

bigfoot10s said:

Chapa96 said:

Onceaggie2.0 said:

Never passed the bong.
and Ryan Newport is not Jesus, but I think you'll agree it'd still be more decent of you not to rip a good Ag in his 40s for mistakes he made in his 20s.

Not sure I was ripping him, but okay. Glad to hear he's doing well. He was fun to watch.
billysmithclassof89
How will the team look this year? I know they have some top recruits coming in..
Ag4eva95
After 2 seasons at Baylor, Rahul Dhokia (UTR 12.76) is transferring and has verbally committed to
@AggieMTEN
for the fall of 2021. The Brit amassed an overall singles record of 13-7 and entered college having won five ITF juniors titles and finishing as a finalist six times.
Chapa96
AG
I saw Kumar has transferred to SMU.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.