***** Formula 1 2016 *****

19,446 Views | 183 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Big Cat `93
Silver Arrows
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bill Burr talks about F1 on his podcast. It's funny but not very informative. Skip to 31:45. Be aware if you open at work, he curses

https://soundcloud.com/themonday-morning-podcast/monday-morning-podcast-8-29-16
'03ag
quote:
Bill Burr talks about F1 on his podcast. It's funny but not very informative. Skip to 31:45. Be aware if you open at work, he curses

https://soundcloud.com/themonday-morning-podcast/monday-morning-podcast-8-29-16
ha. My wife was laughing at how little this guy knows.
sharpdressedman
I watched for a while, but the ridiculous commentary from the geezer announcers drove me to the mute button. The lack of real competition throughout the field and the shortness of the race made it hard to get excited about. JMHO.
Silver Arrows
AG
Then perhaps a different Motorsport is for you. I suggest NASCAR due to the artificial competition and length of races.
'03ag
Hamilton on pole again. Rosberg will need a lot of help to back his way into the championship. Even I'm getting bored with how dominant merc is
'03ag
I'm obviously an expert
Jacobyoung456
What ill the Singapore race bring? The longest race of the season, because of how late the race is. We ll remember last year from when no Mercedes finnished on the podium and Lewis had a retirement durring the race.
For the past few years this part of the season has been the part where we have had the most terrific races of the season. Singapore will show who will be able to compete with Mercedes next season. (unless
Renault spends all of their tokens) The final races will make for a hell of a great fight for the drivers championship. Who will have the last laugh? Lewis or Nico? I gues we wil have to wait and see.
StaffRat
AG
Hamilton blows up.
Silver Arrows
AG
Yep. I'm afraid that is going to be the end of his championship run this year. Reminds me of Singapore 2012 when his gearbox failed and it was game over.

https://vimeo.com/139670826
Big Cat `93
AG
That was a weird start. Gremlins aplenty.
Agnzona
Anyone watch Formula E? I want to but have real trouble getting past the whining sound.
StaffRat
AG
Who's going? Me and '08 will be there all three days.
Frozen Concoction
Just going for the practice runs on Friday.
Kyle98
AG
I can't go this year, unfortunately. Hope to be back out there next year, though.
VickJD05
AG
Will be there all 3 days!
jorgerr96
Awesome weekend! Was there SAT and SUN and got lots of autographs and selfies.
Major highlight was getting Nico Rosberg!!!
https://instagr.am/p/BL4XgS1jc8S

Race was okay, Lewis was dominant so there was little to no action at the front. Brilliant drive from Alonso.
Silver Arrows
AG
Great picture. I saw this on reddit and thought it was funny.

https://streamable.com/agml
StaffRat
AG
No way Max gets to keep that. No way.
Furlock Bones
AG
Holy ***** Vettel told Whiting to **** off over the live radio.
jorgerr96
Vettel got a 10 sec penalty and Verstappen gets 5!!!??
Furlock Bones
AG
jorgerr96 said:

Vettel got a 10 sec penalty and Verstappen gets 5!!!??
don't tell one of your bosses to **** off on live tv.
Silver Arrows
AG
This race has been insane. I hate running laps behind a safety car.
cap-n-jack
Spectacular drive by Max.
Silver Arrows
AG
Yeah absolutely amazing by Max with the same tires.
jorgerr96
What a race. Emotional because of Felipe. Max Verstappen is a monster!!! #MadMax
Kyle98
AG
Glad my wife switched over to the race late and extended the DVR recording, or we would have missed most of the actual racing!

Wow @ Max. That was an incredible display of driving in the wet. If they hadn't put him on inters for that small stint, who know where he might have finished. That recovery after his half-spin was pretty incredible, too.

Nice drive from Hamilton, as well, even out in front with no spray at racing speeds the whole race. I didn't see a single bobble from him, when the rest of the field (Rosberg included) had at least one, it seemed.
'03ag
Can't understand why they put Max on inters. Was there any data at any point that said they were faster? They cost Max 2nd and may have cost Hamilton the championship.
StaffRat
AG
That was a pretty crafty drive by Louis. And good on Seb for not driving up in there and creating a mess.
Louis and Mercedes are clearly the best combination on the grid and I don't know who can challenge them next year.
Enjoy this Nico, luck was on your side but it's still a championship.
Kyle98
AG
What does everyone think about Lewis backing Nico up into Seb and Max? Apparently, it's causing quite a ruckus in the Mercedes camp. I, for one, think that Mercedes were way out of line telling Hamilton how to run the race. The WCC was sewn up, and they knew that one of their drivers was going to win the WDC. As long as the racing was clean (and it was), what did they care if Lewis was going slow? So much for "letting them race" like they said from the beginning they would do.

It was a longshot for that strategy to work, but it's really all Lewis had.

Congrats to Nico, he drove well all season, and deserves the WDC.
'03ag
I didn't have a problem with it, but then I'm a Hamilton fan. I think Merc is always focused on winning the race, and preferably a 1-2, and they saw it as putting that in jeopardy. It did make for some great TV, and I loved it when Hamilton came on and said "I'm leading the race now" after they told him to push "for the race win."
'03ag
Nico drops the mic and retires
Kyle98
AG
Wow, did not see that coming, at all! Wonder who Mercedes will pair with Hamilton next season.
'03ag
Kyle98 said:

Wow, did not see that coming, at all! Wonder who Mercedes will pair with Hamilton next season.
Rossi!
Old School Rucking
Old School Rucking
AG
Kyle98 said:

Pascal Wehrlein

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.