Houston
Sponsored by

bad weather coming tomorrow

357,144 Views | 2494 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by RC_57
El Mero Guero
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Yeah I'm not going to hold that against them. 2 mile walk through more high water with children and babies after dealing with 6ft of water in their homes and probably being exhausted...when you're being told buses are on the way. Can't blame them for staying for a while.
DuncanAg
AG
quote:
That Yukon had a good run on Ch 13. Now being joined by a kayak.

I'm betting we will see a "slightly worn" silver Tahoe for sale in the near future.
El Mero Guero
Yukon appeared to be driven by a big black lady waving the helicopter off saying she's fine. No way that car is fine now. Probably making a Walmart run for cola and cigarettes.
gougler08
AG
quote:
C'mon 11, show me the guy in the ford ranger trying to traverse the same waters that a semi is stuck in!

Yeah I was pissed about that. Wanted to see what happened to the idiot
agdaddy04
AG
So this lady was flooded out in Houston during Katrina? That's terrible luck.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
quote:
Yeah I'm not going to hold that against them. 2 mile walk through more high water with children and babies after dealing with 6ft of water in their homes and probably being exhausted...when you're being told buses are on the way. Can't blame them for staying for a while.
They were explicitly told to stay in place and wait.

Not to mention that's some nasty ass water to go wade and swim through. I bet those shelters are gonna smell nice tonight.
El Mero Guero
Haha lady on 13 just said this wasn't her first rodeo with flooding like this. Said she went through Katrina. When the reporter said "oh you went through Katrina in Nola" she looked confused and said "no...here".

Haha wth???
Ag_07
AG
So took me a nice 2 hour nap, got some snacks, and now I'm back at it.

What channel is providing the best coverage of the finest morons this city has to offer? Point in the right direction guys.
matthopp
AG
quote:

13 just got clearance from the airport to fly over in the helicopter, and the flooding there looks a lot worse than it did from the ground shots.

Anything about the area immediately around the airport? My truck is sitting at pre-flight on greens since I decided to fly out Sunday evening to avoid Monday morning weather, never thought it would be this bad. I think some lots flooded when I was out of town as well in the mid-2000's.
gougler08
AG
13 just interviewed a lady who went through Katrina while still in Houston. They have the crazies but no morons
Texaggie7nine
So they finally got busses there on the bridge but no one wants to leave because it's a party.
7nine
Ag_07
AG
Is that the lady who had a backpack and a gym bag and Natasha Barrett says 'Well the good news is you salvaged some of your stuff'?

Umm...no. her entire apartment is flooded
Post removed:
by user
El Mero Guero
quote:
Is that the lady who had a backpack and a gym bag and Natasha Barrett says 'Well the good news is you salvaged some of your stuff'?

No..not the lady with the oxygen tubes if that's what you're referring to. Just before her.

But that was ridiculous. These reporters all seem to be so out of touch. Zero genuine sympathy, it's all faked. More evidence that it tends to be self absorbed narcissists who go after this type of gig.
gougler08
AG
quote:

Yeah Natasha isn't very good at coming up with comments on live tv apparently
ChipFTAC01
AG
quote:
Man, I want an airboat

Watching the news I first told my wife I want an airboat and then the guy rolled up in the pinzgauer and I changed my request.
ChipFTAC01
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
That sucked to watch

Yep that was brutal.
Made me think of this

Artax!!
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
quote:
quote:

13 just got clearance from the airport to fly over in the helicopter, and the flooding there looks a lot worse than it did from the ground shots.

Anything about the area immediately around the airport? My truck is sitting at pre-flight on greens since I decided to fly out Sunday evening to avoid Monday morning weather, never thought it would be this bad. I think some lots flooded when I was out of town as well in the mid-2000's.

They haven't shown anything on the parking lots - or really much about the airport - but plenty of flooding around Greens.
Frok
AG
How about the guy jumping in the water to try to retrieve his drone? Brilliant!
Furlock Bones
AG
Unimog or pinzgauer
Furlock Bones
AG
I'm guessing if there was flooding at the airport then it would be covered by now.
jetch17
AG
I'm guessing my meeting in gunspoint tomorrow morning will be cancelled
Post removed:
by user
TriAg2010
AG
quote:
Followed by a guy driving his ATV into the Grand Waterway.

Do you get it? It's really the Grand Parkway, but it's covered in water. Do you get the joke?
Furlock Bones
AG
quote:
quote:
Followed by a guy driving his ATV into the Grand Waterway.

Do you get it? It's really the Grand Parkway, but it's covered in water. Do you get the joke?

With the subtlety of a 20 pound sledge.
Ag_07
AG
I'm tired of these people in Meyerland crying and whining about flooding again and having to rebuild before even being done from Memorial Day 2015.

That's what happens when you live along a bayou in a neighborhood that floods EVERY time we get significant rain. Plus you've got flood insurance.
agproducer
AG
Whew! I didn't expect to be in the control room for three hours -- but it happened. Wow. I'm exhausted and need a beer.
Ag_07
AG
I too am interested in the industry chatter about the fiasco at Ch 2 today.
Furlock Bones
AG
I wish you could record and upland some of the calls you must take in an event like this. I'm sure there is some solid gold in there that never makes the airwaves.
AustinCountyAg
Days like today are when the cream of the crop dumbasses float to the top and find their ways to local news coverage. It's amazing how some people have no common sense whatsoever
combat wombat™
AG
UNSCENTED bleach can be used to purify dunking water. Water treatment plants can be compromised by high water/storms.
Ag_07
AG
People walking out in thigh/waist high water while they're pulling a boat full of people.

Why can't you all walk?

Their makeshift dock is in ankle high water.
Satellite of Love
quote:
I'm tired of these people in Meyerland crying and whining about flooding again and having to rebuild before even being done from Memorial Day 2015.

That's what happens when you live along a bayou in a neighborhood that floods EVERY time we get significant rain. Plus you've got flood insurance.

I live in the area and the idea around here is we are just as good if not better than River Oaks, Carlton Woods and Tanglewood COMBINED! There is an over inflated sense of selfworth in this area.
MelvinUdall
At some point the Federal Government with their flood insurance program will require these folks that keep getting flooded out to rebuild higher. This same thing happened to my in laws after Ike, they flooded one too many times and they were required to tear down their house and build it 4 foot higher.
Breggy Popup
AG
quote:
At some point the Federal Government with their flood insurance program will require these folks that keep getting flooded out to rebuild higher. This same thing happened to my in laws after Ike, they flooded one too many times and they were required to tear down their house and build it 4 foot higher.

Seems to me that should happen after occurrence number 1.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.