Houston
Sponsored by

bad weather coming tomorrow

355,228 Views | 2494 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by RC_57
Ag_N_Houston
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
When repairs have to be done, neighbors can share the cost. If one neighbor doesn't want to pay, the person that pays gets the smooth side and it is considered part of their yard.

My neighbor and I split the cost for a new fence between us after one of the recent storms.
Dan Scott
AG
still raining in the woodlands and another huge red blob heading that way.
StillNotAnAggie
Woodlands got hammered earlier. The parking lot at the mall was so flooded behind the movies I had to back my truck out because I wasn't sure how deep it was.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Harris county fws shows 7inches in the woodlands and still a lot more to come
Dan Scott
AG
Spring Creek at Hegar Road over its banks
Bondag
AG
Rained for a solid 8 minutes downtown
Ag_N_Houston
AG
It's been raining hard at 249/Louetta for a couple of hours now.
Ag_07
AG
quote:
Woodlands got hammered earlier. The parking lot at the mall was so flooded behind the movies I had to back my truck out because I wasn't sure how deep it was.

This makes zero sense whatsoever. Please elaborate
07fta07
AG
I thought the same thing but then thought maybe I was running on no sleep and missing something, so I just went with it.
Diggity
AG
I'm guessing he has one of those amphibious Duck vehicles but it only engages when in reverse.
Ag_07
AG
Just can't figure out why if you didn't know the depth of the water

A...How backing up makes it safer
B...You would put your muffler in first
Al Bula
AG
No wonder he is still not an Aggie.
Fitch
AG
Hwy 6 shut down in multiple places with a lot of people stuck on the road. Not a good scene at all.
aggietony2010
AG
I think he is saying he started to enter the water, but then had to back out because he was unsure of the depth.
aTm2004
AG
quote:
quote:

Probably started to drive through it and decided not to be Bernie in a Prius.
JSKolache
AG
He #turnedarounddidn'tdrown - duh. .07" here in Richmond. My folks are at 9.6" up in Cut N Shoot. Watch out - more coming.
cgh1999
AG
Cypress is getting pounded right now. Lots of lightning and heavy rain.
MrJonMan
AG
Yes we are....that lightening/thunder that just happened was amazingly loud
Aggielandma12
AG
Spring Branch/Memorial getting it good
Madman
AG
I had my first real experience with flash flooding last night.

I was driving in from Dallas and had just exited to take a piss break on the north side of the woodlands. Water rose more than two feet in less than a minute in a confined area of an access road. About 20 of us came to a dead stop in a slightly high spot. A few people in cars and trucks decided to pull back into the higher rushing water only to have their cars drug to the bottom of another low spot and flood out.

I sat with my group in my crappy company car for over an hour waiting for the water to lower before giving up. I was able to pull into a parking lot of a hotel. Got a room for the night and continued into town this morning.

Saw several of the cars from the evening before still sitting in water.
StillNotAnAggie
quote:
quote:
quote:

This was the situation, it was raining so hard I could barely see, I came up on some deep water, deeper than I was comfortable driving my truck full of my family through. The "bro" behind me in his jacked up Toyota refused to move so I backed my truck up in the other lane. Sorry I wasn't clear, but I would rather back up and potentially mess something up on my truck than willingly drive into water where I can barely see and have no clue how deep it is with my wife and 2 kids with me.
Buck O Five
AG
Ghost91
quote:
quote:
quote:

Tine 2016. Never forget.

Jackal99
AggieDave02
AG
Supposed to drive to Dallas after work. Wondering if that's a bad idea at this point.
spadilly
S
The Wonderer
AG
quote:
Supposed to drive to Dallas after work. Wondering if that's a bad idea at this point.
Yeah, I'm looking at the drive I have to make to Possum Kingdom tonight. Doesn't look like it'll be a fun trip.
aTm2004
AG
quote:

I had to drive to Dallas last October when 45 was shut down in Corsicana. That sucked very much badly.
The Wonderer
AG
quote:
quote:

I had to drive to Dallas last October when 45 was shut down in Corsicana. That sucked very much badly.
It's still down to one lane southbound in that general (can't recall exactly at the moment). To say it sucks would be an understatement.
aTm2004
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

It's still down to one lane southbound in that general (can't recall exactly at the moment). To say it sucks would be an understatement.

I was on my phone navigating back roads to get to Hillsbro. I should have been to Dallas at 6. Didn't get to my buddy's house in the M-Streets until damn near midnight.
Dan Scott
AG
Woodlands getting smashed again. Lake Woodlands was real high this morning and more rain could flood those restaurants
agz win
AG
Lake Livingston rose over a foot since yesterday and is full with constant rain all day. Lightning show has been amazing. Wash out weekend.
Zemira
AG
Is this going to be a Memorial Day weekend tradition of heavy rain?
suburban cowboy
AG
I am typically pro-rain but this ****ing **** never ends
Post removed:
by user

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.