Houston
Sponsored by

bad weather coming tomorrow

353,743 Views | 2494 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by RC_57
Ag_07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Has this thread really turned to 'A couple lightning strikes' or 'Looking dark over here'.

It's like a microcosim of the tine board itself.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
Weather has been perfect in Galveston all weekend.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
It was lightening off the coast late last night but that was it.
Post removed:
by user
Waffledynamics
AG
quote:
Has this thread really turned to 'A couple lightning strikes' or 'Looking dark over here'.

It's like a microcosim of the tine board itself.
Well, what would you recommend?
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
txags92
AG
Yep...having hwy 6 and Eldridge open for traffic was fun while it lasted. Guess we will be back to everybody in West Houston trying to drive down Barker Cypress for another week or two.
FarmerJohn
AG
I'm in OKC , with the flight delayed as the airport is closed. Can someone call IAH and tell them to either open the airport or close it, so we can get off this plane? TIA.
aTm2004
AG
Are they closed again?
ProudAg04
AG
del
ProudAg04
AG
Pilot just confirmed holding pattern due to IAH thunderstorm closure. New Orleans, anyone??
txags92
AG
quote:
Are they closed again?
Not yet...but the Ad****s reservoir rose about 9" with the rain yesterday and we are getting more today. This afternoon, driving back up Eldridge, the water was maybe 6" below the road at most. One more 1-2" rainfall will probably put it back underwater. We have a 40-60% chance all week long.
txags92
AG
Low point of Eldridge is at 96.3', low point of Hwy 6 is 96.0'. Current water level in Ad****s reservoir is 96.19' and rising again. If it doesn't close them today, it probably will within the next couple of days if we keep getting more rain.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
?w=620
Al Bula
AG
txags92
AG
It is the construction in east El Paso that is the problem...
agz win
AG
Friggin idiot drivers all the way back from Livingston. You'd think people had never driven in rain before or know that the the left lane is for passing.
txags92
AG
quote:
Friggin idiot drivers all the way back from Livingston. You'd think people had never driven in rain before or know that the the left lane is for passing.
I think that has changed. The left lane is now for checking your text messages on your phone. The right lane is now the passing lane.
Thunder18
AG
quote:
quote:
I think that has changed. The left lane is now for checking your text messages on your phone. The right lane is now the passing lane.
CDUB98
AG
quote:

We need a drought!

Never say this in Texas.
AlaskanAg99
AG
Hwy 6 southbound, right most lane this morning was flooded and apparently either cars stapled out or idiot drivers smashed into each other. If we keep getting 1.5"/daily it'll be closed again. Fun while it was open.
tamuags08
AG
Yea, I finally took it this morning at 5am and saw a guy in that lane slam on his brakes. Luckily there wasn't anyone behind him.
Cromagnum
AG
quote:
Hwy 6 southbound, right most lane this morning was flooded and apparently either cars stapled out or idiot drivers smashed into each other. If we keep getting 1.5"/daily it'll be closed again. Fun while it was open.

They must have forgot the cover sheet on their TPS report.
AlaskanAg99
AG
I think this thread title is a curse on the city. Bad weather seems to always be coming tomorrow.

And all those stapled out cars, impounded due to bad TPS files with the DMV. And I have to hear it from all 5 of my damn bosses Bob!
txags92
AG
Makes you want to work just hard enough to not get fired doesn't it? Maybe put strichnine in the guacamole?
CDUB98
AG

strychnine
AlaskanAg99
AG
I have a buddy who attended a leadership conference for his national company. From him:

"At the end of the conference, one of the principle owners wrapped up with a speech where he almost word for word said "the reward for working hard to achieve goals is the opportunity to work harder"

When he said that, my service chief turned to me and whispered "what the ****...?"
FarmerJohn
AG
What the ****?
swimmerbabe11
quote:
I have a buddy who attended a leadership conference for his national company. From him:

"At the end of the conference, one of the principle owners wrapped up with a speech where he almost word for word said "the reward for working hard to achieve goals is the opportunity to work harder"

When he said that, my service chief turned to me and whispered "what the ****...?"

Arbeit macht frei?
aTm2004
AG
quote:

Months of darkness has messed with his mind. There's really no other explanation.
AlaskanAg99
AG
quote:
quote:

Arbeit macht frei?

Ha, that was my exact response when he sent it.

He's employed but looking for a new employer after 13 years with that company.
BigPuma
AG
quote:

what the hell does this have to do with bad weather tomorrow
12f Mane
AG
The reward for hard rain in April is the opportunity for more hard rain in May
AlaskanAg99
AG
Bad weather, bad jobs, ****it dude, let's go bowling.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.