Houston
Sponsored by

bad weather coming tomorrow

355,193 Views | 2494 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by RC_57
Furlock Bones
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
saw a video on facebook of Hwy 90 through Old Katy. the creek that runs N/S which I guess is part of buffalo bayou next to Midway Meat Market has overflowed its banks. some businesses and homes are destroyed.
Dan Scott
AG
Thanks. It looks like 45 should be closing soon then.
schmellba99
AG
quote:
My cleaning lady just showed up. Had to put on pants.
Why? In the movies, the cleaning lady always ends up loving you long time anyway. I just assume that life is like those movies.
schmellba99
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
This is Cypress Creek following into Cypress Lake in Bridgeland. It's been ripping for almost 24 hours now. Spillway is probably 300 meters across. I'm starting to get nervous about the water level...

(Signed up for imgur just to share some flood photos, hope this works)

WTF is this metric sht? 'Merica boy - we talk in yards, not meters.
Tell that to the 'Merican armed forces.
They don't have a choice. NATO and all that jazz. But we aren't talking about 'Merican AF here.

This is proof positive of the communist infiltration in society.
TXTransplant
The XOM campus allowed employees to go home at noon expecting that Spring Creek would cross 45 later today.
MrJonMan
AG
Water receding in Coles Crossing, about 10" lower on or driveway than it was when we woke up
The Wonderer
AG
I office at 1960/45 and can tell you that around 1230p, Cypress Creek was nearly at the height of the southboard feeder road. I45 is currently open, but the feeder roads are probably closed/will be closing soon.
bayouaggie
AG
Spring Creek over 102' and could go up another 5'. I would think if it keeps rising, they would have to close the 45 feeder roads at a minimum as those are lower than the main lanes. Not sure what it would take to close the main lanes.

http://water.weather.gov/ahps2/hydrograph.php?wfo=HGX&gage=SPNT2
shano0603
AG
This is today on Stuebner Airline looking East at Cypresswood

The Wonderer
AG
Cypress Station is completely flooded out.
shano0603
AG
Sorry if you don't have facebook and can't view this. Oh,and turn your volume off.

https://www.facebook.com/KHOU11/videos/10154896915479062/?pnref=story
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
quote:
Water receding in Coles Crossing, about 10" lower on or driveway than it was when we woke up
i have a driveway
really makes you think...
shano0603
AG
Right by Stonegate at 290 and Barker Cypress

TriAg2010
AG
quote:
quote:
i have a driveway
really makes you think...
You're overthinking.
AlaskanAg99
AG
I thought the commute in today was bad.

Has an one tried to go north of 10 past closed Hwy 6? Curious if any roads are open to Clay. I don't think they are.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
quote:
I thought the commute in today was bad.

Has an one tried to go north of 10 past closed Hwy 6? Curious if any roads are open to Clay. I don't think they are.
eldridge north of conoco going into ad****s is closed
InnerCityAg
quote:
I office at 1960/45 and can tell you that around 1230p, Cypress Creek was nearly at the height of the southboard feeder road. I45 is currently open, but the feeder roads are probably closed/will be closing soon.

LOL. You grill weiners at JCI?
terradactylexpress
You're going to have to go around the reservoir
InnerCityAg
quote:
This is today on Stuebner Airline looking East at Cypresswood

Did the Gringos flood?
sts7049
AG
no, 6 is closed at park row and eldridge is closed at dairy ashford going north.
Furlock Bones
AG
https://www.facebook.com/jonathonnheather.scalf/videos/1016095108475556/

Katy flooding
Zemira
AG
So in my brilliance my doctor called and asked if I would come in this afternoon instead of tomorrow. I got sent home so I said yes since I was sleep deprived and not thinking. Only took an hour to get here (normally takes 20 minutes) due to flooded roads. The bright side is I was in and out in 20 minutes because all their other patients canceled.

On the bright side I know I need to go Huffmeister to Cypress N Houston to Eldridge to Grant to Telge to home to get back without flood waters.

And I'm hearing HP which is next door to our buildings flooded some of the first floors of their buildings.
FHKChE07
AG
6 into Ad****s is going to be closed for weeks. They are estimating the height to end up at 102+ feet. The Army Corps plan says that for a height of 100 feet the pool duration is going to be 49 days. (See table 2 on page 8) That assumes that there is no additional rainfall. The procedure for releasing from the reservoirs is as below:

quote:
Under normal conditions, both dams have two conduits set to pass the normal flow of water. When the reservoirs are empty and one inch of rain falls below the dams, the gates are closed until it is safe to make releases. If releases are being made, the gates will be closed if 0.5 inch of rain falls below the reservoirs or flooding is predicted. Normal reservoir operations will resume when it is safe to make releases. The maximum allowable release from both reservoirs, combined with the uncontrolled runoff downstream, is 2,000 cubic feet per second (cfs) at the Piney Point Road gauging station, located 10.7 channel miles below Barker Dam.

http://www.swg.usace.army.mil/Portals/26/docs/2009%20Ad****s%20and%20Barker%20MP.pdf

In 2007, when it was much lower it was closed for I think 3 weeks. But it is more than twice as full now. Get used to Highway 6 being closed.
The Wonderer
AG
quote:
quote:

LOL. You grill weiners at JCI?
catty corner actually.
Texas A&M
quote:
So in my brilliance my doctor called and asked if I would come in this afternoon instead of tomorrow. I got sent home so I said yes since I was sleep deprived and not thinking. Only took an hour to get here (normally takes 20 minutes) due to flooded roads. The bright side is I was in and out in 20 minutes because all their other patients canceled.

On the bright side I know I need to go Huffmeister to Cypress N Houston to Eldridge to Grant to Telge to home to get back without flood waters.

And I'm hearing HP which is next door to our buildings flooded some of the first floors of their buildings.
I'm at that HP location. At least two buildings have water in the first floors, and I was told that the underground parts of the parking garages were/are underwater. The also told us they were turning off all power, and that they'd let us know when it is good to come back in.
Alex Bregman
AG
quote:
6 into Ad****s is going to be closed for weeks. They are estimating the height to end up at 102+ feet. The Army Corps plan says that for a height of 100 feet the pool duration is going to be 49 days. (See table 2 on page 8) That assumes that there is no additional rainfall. The procedure for releasing from the reservoirs is as below:

quote:
Under normal conditions, both dams have two conduits set to pass the normal flow of water. When the reservoirs are empty and one inch of rain falls below the dams, the gates are closed until it is safe to make releases. If releases are being made, the gates will be closed if 0.5 inch of rain falls below the reservoirs or flooding is predicted. Normal reservoir operations will resume when it is safe to make releases. The maximum allowable release from both reservoirs, combined with the uncontrolled runoff downstream, is 2,000 cubic feet per second (cfs) at the Piney Point Road gauging station, located 10.7 channel miles below Barker Dam.

http://www.swg.usace.army.mil/Portals/26/docs/2009%20Ad****s%20and%20Barker%20MP.pdf

In 2007, when it was much lower it was closed for I think 3 weeks. But it is more than twice as full now. Get used to Highway 6 being closed.
Damn. T&P for anyone living in Cypress and commuting to the Energy Corridor.
Biz Ag
AG

quote:
So in this instance, Highway 6 runs no ways.
tamuags08
AG
so....how should I plan my commute in the near future? I drove HWY 6 to/from Cypress every single day. Should I just plan on going over to the BW until further notice?
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
quote:
so....how should I plan my commute in the near future? I drove HWY 6 to/from Cypress every single day. Should I just plan on going over to the BW until further notice?
prepare thy anus
CDUB98
AG
quote:
You gonna get Baylol'd.
Furlock Bones
AG
BW8 or GP depending on what your destination is. either way it's going to suck balls.
El Mero Guero
quote:

Bear Creek's going to be "cart path only" for a little while I'm assuming?
tk for tu juan
Ad****s is at 99.83 feet right now, 100-yr flood level is 100.50. Hwy 6 is at roughly 96 feet. They will have to drain approx 40,000 acre-ft to get back to the road surface. At 1,000 cfs, that is 20 days
sts7049
AG
quote:
BW8 or GP depending on what your destination is. either way it's going to suck balls.
this.

you might consider using fry rd too
tamuags08
AG
Eldridge/HWY 6/Barker Cypress/Greenhouse/Fry were all shut down this morning. I just turned around and went back home.

I'll be trying 529 over to BW 8 tomorrow morning.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.