Houston
Sponsored by

bad weather coming tomorrow

355,251 Views | 2494 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by RC_57
BrazosDog02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ah...the scientific equivalent of the sunk-cost fallacy.

JobSecurity
AG
Gonna have to water the yard....
Velvet Jones
AG
We got 2.5" this morning in Cypress.
Bondag
AG
You poor wife
kelkel25
They all got caught flat footed in the Memorial Day storm. This is at least the 3rd time since then they've said flooding rains will come and we got nothing. Mother Nature wins again.
jetch17
AG
Token
AG
They should stop predicting gloom and doom. It's hilarious how useless weathermen are
Velvet Jones
AG
quote:
You poor wife
Ryan the Temp
AG
quote:

Just the tip.
Ag_07
AG
So maybe Frankie is a lot smarter than we all thought. He didn't crater to the mass hysteria and put out a video for us.

Hats off to Frankie!!
HtownAg92
AG
Another in a long history of local weather hysteria and ridiculousness. Like someone above said, they pot-committed to this storm of the century forecast, so now they have reporters driving all over the city looking for rain. Courtney Gilmore had the camera point at the windshield at the rain drops and the windshield wipers on low. Another dude was driving and showing an almost dry road in front of him.

I know that Memorial Day and Allison caught all of the local weather people by surprise, but their constant "just in case" overreaction does more harm than good. Based on yesterday's forecast that we are all going to die, my kid's school got cancelled today. Doubt that it gets more than an inch of rain (it's in the Montrose area). Can't wait to see how they react to the new forecast of doom and gloom for tomorrow.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
quote:
Lost power in South Shore in League City after substation got hit. Hell, Rita & Ike dropped us for a few hours each, so why the hell does this pizzant front knock us out for more time than those two *****es?
That's because you are on the poor people side of 2094.
Al Bula
AG
quote:

AKA 13-0
Wat
BrazosDog02
AG
quote:
SPC has issued a Severe Thunderstorm Watch for the SW of SE TX until noon.

Complex of strong to severe thunderstorms has developed over the TX coastal bend between Corpus Christi and Victoria and these storms are likely being driven by incoming short wave out of MX. Expect some additional development along the upper TX coastal counties as lift increases. Main threats will be damaging winds, but the threat will decrease north of I-10.

Heavy rainfall threat remains across the region, although totals thus far have been low. Models have not performed overly well overnight and I do not have much confidence moving forward. However radar trends to our SW are some of the most impressive in the last 24 hours and expect some if not all of this activity to move into a large part of SE TX over the next several hours.

Threat will continue into the evening hours as additional energy rotates through the stalled upper low over MX and ejects across TX.

Even Jeff Lindner has essentially called it a bust. Thats why I like him. He's realistic and since he isnt on TV, he doesnt have to worry about ratings.
bigjag19
AG
This is just like my sex life. Lots of talk building up to it, then a disappointing fast 2 inches.
The Wonderer
AG
and city wide scrutiny and disappointment?
bigjag19
AG
quote:
and city wide scrutiny and disappointment?
When the video leaks.
Bondag
AG
The biggest issue with Memorial day was not the amount of rain, it was the fact the rain had nowhere to go. There had been a lot of rain for the previous month so the bayous were close to capacity and could not handle that much rain in a short amount of time. Currently all bayous in Houston are not close to flood stage.
Cromagnum
AG
It's still not going to hammer Houston. Everything is well to the west and headed NNE.
BrazosDog02
AG
Dudes...there is LITERALLY a hole over the houston area.
LostInLA07
AG
In surprised local news didn't dispatch camera crews to Austin (where there is actually a storm) to maintain the drama.
Waffledynamics
AG
Anyone remember years ago when a hurricane (I think Gustav) took a last second turn and mostly missed us? I still remember a reporter out by the curb, kicking a little bit of water with her rainboot, and saying something like "now there IS some ponding here, as you can see."

Amazing. I hope the grocery stores at least got had some good sales.
Bondag
AG
quote:
In surprised local news didn't dispatch camera crews to Austin (where there is actually a storm) to maintain the drama.

KPRC had a camera over a puddle in Brookshire.
ChipFTAC01
AG
We didn't have any frozen precip (or even the threat that I recall) this winter, so they probably had all this overdrama pent up inside waiting to spill out.
Velvet Jones
AG
quote:
I thought she was in a psych ward?
The Wonderer
AG
quote:
quote:
I thought she was in a psych ward?
aTm2004
AG
quote:
Anyone remember years ago when a hurricane (I think Gustav) took a last second turn and mostly missed us? I still remember a reporter out by the curb, kicking a little bit of water with her rainboot, and saying something like "now there IS some ponding here, as you can see."

Amazing. I hope the grocery stores at least got had some good sales.

I remember the TS that was going to hit us during the drought and it basically got *****ed by a high pressure system as soon as it hit land.
FarmerJohn
AG
ABC resorted to interviewing people that were caught in high water during Memorial Day.
jetch17
AG
aTm2004
AG
The sun is shining here in the EC.
Waltonloads08
AG
downtown is dry
Waffledynamics
AG
quote:

Mulligan?
Ag_07
AG
That for today?
jetch17
AG
quote:
That for today?
that was posted 31 minutes ago
Bondag
AG
Who knew 2" could cause "Flooding"

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.