Houston
Sponsored by

bad weather coming tomorrow

355,235 Views | 2494 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by RC_57
Jugstore Cowboy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

quote:

I live in the area and the idea around here is we are just as good if not better than River Oaks, Carlton Woods and Tanglewood COMBINED! There is an over inflated sense of selfworth in this area.

That's mostly just the you-know-whos.
jja79
AG
He's taking criticism already from Greenpoint people.
aTm2004
AG
Looks like Bernie in the wannabe Prius is a professional at Cougar High.

https://www.reddit.com/r/UniversityOfHouston/comments/4fcs2k/is_this_dr_andrew_gordon/

http://www.uh.edu/class/ccs/people/andrew-gordon/
Jock 07
AG
Forgive me for being way out of the loop but is donifino still around?
El Mero Guero
quote:

https://www.reddit.com/r/UniversityOfHouston/comments/4fcs2k/is_this_dr_andrew_gordon/

Surely that guy was texting or distracted with something and not really paying attention to the road right? It couldn't be more obvious that he was driving into deep water and not just entering a "puddle". I am really hoping people can't be this dumb.
TP Ag '87
AG
Air boat just came to get my across the street neighbors in 1 story. We're still watching and waiting. We're near Telge and Spring Cypress
Breggy Popup
AG
quote:
quote:

Surely that guy was texting or distracted with something and not really paying attention to the road right? It couldn't be more obvious that he was driving into deep water and not just entering a "puddle". I am really hoping people can't be this dumb.

That guy appeared to be intoxicated.
Bondag
AG
quote:
At some point the Federal Government with their flood insurance program will require these folks that keep getting flooded out to rebuild higher. This same thing happened to my in laws after Ike, they flooded one too many times and they were required to tear down their house and build it 4 foot higher.
That did happen to at least one person I know that flooded there Memorial Day. They took the money from insurance and are trying to sell the lot instead of tearing down house to rebuild higher.

Can't get flood insurance without building higher.
lne2011
AG
Turner is now at Greenspoint and 50%+ are white people on camera vs earlier 90%+ were black coming out of the apartments earlier.
CW Griswold
Well, a lot of those white people are probably the types that would drive their hybrid into high water and then not know what to do.

So in other words, Sylvester Turner supporters.
AustinCountyAg
Nothing like turning this into a socio-economic debate. Thanks sly.
Ryan the Temp
AG
quote:
quote:
At some point the Federal Government with their flood insurance program will require these folks that keep getting flooded out to rebuild higher. This same thing happened to my in laws after Ike, they flooded one too many times and they were required to tear down their house and build it 4 foot higher.

Seems to me that should happen after occurrence number 1.
It is already a requirement for properties in the regulatory floodplain when damage exceeds a certain percentage of value.
Satellite of Love
quote:
Nothing like turning this into a socio-economic debate. Thanks sly.

Did he say anything stupid?
sts7049
AG
well, instead of staying in NOLA tonight i drove to lake charles instead. i think i'll enjoy my night here at L'Auberge to make up for the travel clusterf*** today.
jetch17
Breggy Popup
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

It is already a requirement for properties in the regulatory floodplain when damage exceeds a certain percentage of value.

That's great and all, but it should be a one shot deal. You flood, flood insurance pays out, you build higher or you don't get to keep flood insurance.
Ryan the Temp
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

That's great and all, but it should be a one shot deal. You flood, flood insurance pays out, you build higher or you don't get to keep flood insurance.
I'm not sure you understand the requirement. You build higher or you don't get to rebuild at all.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
quote:
Air boat just came to get my across the street neighbors in 1 story. We're still watching and waiting. We're near Telge and Spring Cypress

Wait, you're waiting to be rescued?
Vernada
AG
My mail never came today. WTF USPS!?
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
quote:
Forgive me for being way out of the loop but is donifino still around?

Douchafino retired a couple years ago to focus full time on doing the drugs and eating the food.
Bondag
AG
quote:
My mail never came today. WTF USPS!?
I got a USPS package and a separate UPS delivery, but no mail.
Vernada
AG
It sorta works that way. If I recall, if you're home is damaged at xx% or beyond then you have to rebuild higher.

If all you have to do is replace some carpet and furniture then you're good.
Ryan the Temp
AG
quote:
It sorta works that way. If I recall, if you're home is damaged at xx% or beyond then you have to rebuild higher.

If all you have to do is replace some carpet and furniture then you're good.
Yes. The threshold is 50%, then you have to fully comply with Chapter 19 (in Houston proper).
Madmarttigan
AG
I need to get to medcenter from heights area tonight, looks like I can take 610 to 59 to Kirby/greenbriar. Are those roads okay, anything around medcenter I need to avoid? Looks like I-10 to I-45 is shutdown and 288 at mcgregor as well.
Zemira
AG
I was home the entire day. I was expecting two packages so I kept checking the porch. I finally took a nap at noon. The doorbell never rang. About 3pm checked the porch again. Sitting there were two soaked boxes, one from UPS and one from USPS.
jh0400
AG
Med Center area is fine. The only thing I'd be concerned is the intersection at Shepherd and 59. That are tends to hold water.
TP Ag '87
AG
No as we're still dry and have a 2-story. Friggin tense day with 2 little girls + wife in house.
Bruce Almighty
AG
Just talked to my brother. His house has standing water in every room. Looks like he's losing pretty much everything.
TXAG 05
AG
quote:
Just talked to my brother. His house has standing water in every room. Looks like he's losing pretty much everything.

Where is his house?
Jaydoug
AG
Dang. Sorry to hear. There's a lot of that going around right now.
schmellba99
AG
If you get in a fender bende, you should have to total your vehicle no matter what.

Yeah, that is just as silly as your view on flooding.

There is a reason established thresholds are created, because absolutes in anything are not realistic in any real world,scenario.
Bruce Almighty
AG
quote:
quote:

Where is his house?

Up by Westfield I think. I live in Missouri and haven't been there. He's only 22 though so he doesn't have much.
tylercsbn9
AG
House survived. Live off Muschke in Cypress. 5 houses across the street flooded due to the creek overflowing after all the rain. The street cleared out around 11 and then flooded again without any real rain.

15 homes in a row got flooded on a street that leads to mine.

Add a number of flooded cars for people that parked in the street last night.
Jaydoug
AG
So, is it round two tonight/in the morning or is that only wishful newscaster thinking?
Bondag
AG
Guess all the animals in the bayou went for high ground. There have been dogs fighting outside my house for the last 2 hours.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.