Houston
Sponsored by

bad weather coming tomorrow

356,747 Views | 2494 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by RC_57
CDUB98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Well, the fun is coming to an end. The rain is tapering off to a manageable amount.

At least I can look at Mia Gradney's giant cans now.
MAS444
AG
How is meyerland compared to Memorial Day?
Zemira
AG
So my flood/engineering knowledge is limited. Do retention ponds overflow or do they drain into the creeks/bayous so they overflow?
CDUB98
AG
Various drain flow into retention ponds, and then they will overflow into the bayou if they get full.

However, if the bayou is full, they do nuttin' for ya.
swimmerbabe11
quote:
The risk reward behavior for humans is really off. Congrats on the dumb for driving in this morning.

Risk: Total your car, need to be rescued. Reward: Get to work when it will likely be closed anyway.

Risk: 18 years of unplanned pregnancy. Reward: Sex is a little better without a condom.

My office doesn't close for sheisse.

I'll be headed in as soon as I think I can go and make it home safe.
labayouboy
AG
I live in Willowlake (West Rd. & Belt), & my wife & I heard a low rumble in the distance for about 15-30 seconds around 3:15AM. We put all the kids in our room & ran downstairs to clear out the space underneath the stairs. It definitely was interesting from about 3-5AM.
Ag_07
AG
What's the tine board dong meter reading on Darbie Douglas?

Seems like he embraces it, so I'm not sure if I should love him or hate him.
62strat
AG
Indigo Lake in Magnolia.

You can see the boat.. that's where the dock is. There is a picnic table just beyond the closest tree.. it's completely under. That's ~3'. The big wood thing is the top of their picnic table that was on the dock.
Their house I believe is about 12' above normal lake level. That last little hill in foreground is the last ~3'.

This water has only come to this point one other time in their 15 years there, back in 07 I think? Polar opposite what those couple years of crazy drought, where the boat was on the ground, and you could walk past their retaining wall ~30'.

Looks like my dad put some flags up to keep the water from going any further

Post removed:
by user
Marvin_Zindler
AG
Hoe-berg is still following that poor dude through his flooded house. What a jackass.
Zemira
AG
So when should I worry? My neighbor took this about 8 I think.

Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
Lightning just hit close by. It knocked my tv out.
jetch17
AG
quote:
I live in Willowlake (West Rd. & Belt), & my wife & I heard a low rumble in the distance for about 15-30 seconds around 3:15AM. We put all the kids in our room & ran downstairs to clear out the space underneath the stairs. It definitely was interesting from about 3-5AM.

Yep were in westbridge. Dicey stuff. Glad we're not across the way in old JV down at Philippine.

Veranda, are y'all still over there or did y'all bail out of JV?
Bondag
AG
quote:
quote:
I shut the office down and almost couldn't make it home. Shepherd is under water at White Oak and TC Jester isn't far behind.
My trash cans are on the street and haven't been emptied today. Can you check on the status of the trash trucks? I am going to have a lot of empties today and glass is no longer allowed in recycling containers.
Nevermind. I just saw the trash truck dumping garbage on Channel 13.
Buck O Five
AG
It would take a lot more rain to reach your house.
Ag_07
AG
Yep. Pretty loud crash here in Spring Shadows.
OnlyForNow
AG
You've got a lot of freeboard left in that pond. At least another 1-2 acre feet, what's your approximate address?
Houston Lee
AG
quote:
The risk reward behavior for humans is really off. Congrats on the dumb for driving in this morning.

Risk: Total your car, need to be rescued. Reward: Get to work when it will likely be closed anyway.

Risk: 18 years of unplanned pregnancy. Reward: Sex is a little better without a condom.
I'm a Superhero. If I don't get to work and get and into my cape then many folks may die. The "Fred Flintstone helicopter" feature on my Superhero vehicle is malfunctioning and now I somehow need to get to work in my climate change friendly smart car. No luck so far.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
One wolf moon! Hoeburg found himself a winner and he is riding it as far as it will take him!
Post removed:
by user
David_Puddy
AG
Anyone got a video of that moron getting out of his car to swim and then the reporter interviews him immediately after his futile attempt to help the guy? People are so f'ing stupid
agdaddy04
AG
This is ridiculous with Ted O right now.
agdaddy04
AG
I think it's posted earlier in the thread.
OnlyForNow
AG
Right?

"It's a water bed!"

What a *****.
jetch17
AG
Sweet vase, gun & blade
CDUB98
AG
And it's Attention Whoooar Dimmwit again.
Ag_07
AG
So how many times will Ed E mention the Astrodome?
jetch17
AG
Aw man it's not the crazy sign language chick with uncle Ed
agdaddy04
AG
Damn, you beat me to it.
CDUB98
AG
quote:
Aw man it's not the crazy sign language chick with uncle Ed
Those eyebrows!

It's like a Spock and Melissa McCarthy's love child.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
In theory, could she give a blowie and hold a conversation at the same time? I might be looking for an admin that can truly multitask.
CDUB98
AG
I've got it on mute since BDUB is talking on the phone with her dad.

Anyone counting the mentions of the Astrodome?
gougler08
AG
Why can't he say bayou correctly?
jetch17
AG
I'm pretty sure I could slam a few beers make sh*t up with my hands like that chick
CDUB98
AG
quote:
In theory, could she give a blowie and hold a conversation at the same time? I might be looking for an admin that can truly multitask.
You gotta feel sorry for her husband though. Even when he's getting a job, she still talking.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.