Houston
Sponsored by

bad weather coming tomorrow

356,714 Views | 2494 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by RC_57
Ferris Wheel Allstar
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm starting a drinking game, take a shot anytime ch13 shows or mentions the 'water rescue'
rhoswen
AG
quote:
Travis Herzog just said "unprecedented flooding in Houston".

Uhhh. Tropical Storm Allison says hello mouth breather.

KHOU is reporting this will be as bad or worse than Allison.
Gig-Em2003
AG
quote:

I wouldn't discount it just yet
Ag_07
AG
And while Channel 13 has live water rescues, Channel 11 is missing there #1 weather girl to bachelorette party induced hangover, and Channel 2 is completely down.
rhoswen
AG
quote:
Anybody know what Whataburgers are open? Feeling like a taquito run.

Seabrook. Just started raining here.
tylercsbn9
AG
That dude on ABC just saved that old man's life.

He was in complete shock and locked up. If he wasn't there to talk him through it, he would have gone down with his car.

Ghost91
quote:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CgUyGJUXIAEGCnw.jpg:large

Dude displayed terrible form in his attempt at the freestyle stroke. Keep face DOWN. Breathe to the SIDE. Reach WAY out, and then SPOON the water with your hands.

Geez, I've seen 6-year old doing better at their first swim lessons.
CW Griswold
Steve Campion, the hero Houston deserves, but not the one it needs.
Ragoo
AG
At this point that is speculation at best not reporting
Jackal99
AG
Steve-O just got himself noticed for sure. Expect to see that on national news later.
cgh1999
AG
I read somewhere that cypress creek at Katy hockley is higher than its ever been.
OnlyForNow
AG
They just replayed the clip. The guy was completely dazed, I'm honestly not sure he wasn't drunk or high on some kind of drugs.

Texas A&M
quote:
quote:

Some totals are approaching Allison levels aren't they? And we're not done yet.

Not a ridiculous statement
Allison was much more widespread across the city. This one is not done yet, but it would take a lot more to approach that.
Ag_07
AG
Has anyone else noticed that the Rockets getting blown out by the Warriors is the one common denominator in this event and the Memorial Day flooding.

If they miss the playoffs this doesn't happen.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
quote:
Watched live, too! Why don't they park patrol cars at the entrances of these flooded roads!?

Because days like these are own little version of The Purge.
jetch17
AG
I just about wrangled the family around 3:45 near JV when there was a big hook on radar and we got the tornado warning alert on iPhone, it was rockin balls last night
aTm2004
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Watched live, too! Why don't they park patrol cars at the entrances of these flooded roads!?
How many patrol cars do you think it would take to do this at every flooded road? How many officers are stuck at home like everyone else?
Enough to block major areas, close to freeways, no? Perhaps not patrol cars, but one could hope emergency mngt could do something.

How about people just quit being idiots. The good this is that once there are a couple floating around, others will see not to drive in it and city resources are saved.
aggiemom2011
S
quote:
They'll put up barriers, but it takes time. I'd bet everything is blocked later this morning or early afternoon.

There's no easy way to do it overnight due to the rapidly changing conditions, low staff levels, and bad visibility of conditions.
Thank you for the polite reply. Most people who have lived here for a long time know the areas that flood the most. Fortunately or unfortunately we have had a lot of new people that have moved here and don't know this. Stay safe!
Serotonin
AG
Buffalo Bayou overflowing at Milam, apparently:
http://www.harriscountyfws.org/GageDetail/Index/2220
aggiemom2011
S
quote:
quote:

Because days like these are own little version of The Purge.
:-D
Post removed:
by user
sts7049
AG
http://hurricanetrack.com/flood/
zgood10
AG
quote:
Has anyone else noticed that the Rockets getting blown out by the Warriors is the one common denominator in this event and the Memorial Day flooding.

If they miss the playoffs this doesn't happen.

We beat them that night
OnlyForNow
AG
Can I flag this as truth?
Boats and Hose
AG
Briarforest at dairy Ashford is bad. Keep going west gets worse. Westheimer at Eldridge under water too.
Ryan the Temp
AG
quote:
Who is going to be the first person to throw on the RTT bat signal asking the city to do something about their car that flooded while parked in the street?
Well I am the only person in the office today, so I'm a little busy.
Serotonin
AG
Energy Corridor flooding projections:
http://water.weather.gov/ahps2/hydrograph.php?wfo=hgx&gage=pptt2
gougler08
AG
Buffalo Bayou at Shepherd is climbing a foot every 15 min
98Ag99Grad
AG
He was so out of it/shocked he didn't realize he could have walked to safety.
Joan Wilder
AG
We live near Richmond and Shepherd and the water is up in the yards. cars parked in the street are toast.

Really curious where all the trash cans went. I suspect our entire neighborhood will be collecting trash bins from Freebirds parking lot later.
12f Mane
Vander
AG
quote:
Energy Corridor flooding projections:
http://water.weather.gov/ahps2/hydrograph.php?wfo=hgx&gage=pptt2
Is that saying it is predicting to break the record crest of the Bayou by more than 5 feet? Seriously? Holy ****!
tylercsbn9
AG
quote:
We live near Richmond and Shepherd and the water is up in the yards. cars parked in the street are toast.

Really curious where all the trash cans went. I suspect our entire neighborhood will be collecting trash bins from Freebirds parking lot later.
I saw cans floating all over the place on my street. I live on a cul-de-sac. I think I'm on the higher end of the street. I got really lucky so far. It crept up slightly into my front yard. A number of homes on my street flooded and anyone that parked in the street will be needing to purchase a new car.

I ran to me neighbors house two doors down. 15 minutes later and his truck would have been done for.
Serotonin
AG
Yeah, not sure how they do their predictions. Is that just based on upstream runoff or does that take into account future rain forecasts?
schmellba99
AG
quote:
quote:
only a few seconds later that car was completely underwater

How does that happen? I've always wondered. So he tried to go through the water when it was 3-4' high I am assuming. Realized his car was toast. And then he just decided to chill in his car while the waters build?
That's actually the right thing to do when you get water that high outside of a car - you sit and let the interior fill up so that the pressure equalizes. Then you can open the door with little effort.

Texas badly needs their version of the "Stupid Motorist Law" that AZ has.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.