Diablo IV

88,056 Views | 1165 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by txag2k
Madmarttigan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I like the concept of ripping legendary powers and placing them on rates. It makes finding rares still useful and still provides excitement for legendaries. However I'm not looking forward to having to go through every single yellow in my inventory to properly min max for stats.
WGann3
AG
Madmarttigan said:

I like the concept of ripping legendary powers and placing them on rates. It makes finding rares still useful and still provides excitement for legendaries. However I'm not looking forward to having to go through every single yellow in my inventory to properly min max for stats.
You pretty much nailed how I feel about the loot. I think it can work, and at the very least will make everyone wear different stuff for the most part which is nice. I'll still need to see it in action though.
Cynical_Texan
AG
Necro... and I like the community events.
AtlAg05
AG
WGann3 said:

Madmarttigan said:

You pretty much nailed how I feel about the loot. I think it can work, and at the very least will make everyone wear different stuff for the most part which is nice. I'll still need to see it in action though.

They need some loot filter options, huge QOL improvement so that only stats you need show up.
Madmarttigan
AG
How about at the very least an up or down arrow on your inventory in regards to item power. Had it in Diablo immortal
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Madmarttigan
AG
Kind of impressive 2.6 million individual accounts got over 20 for a beta.
Civen
AG
Madmarttigan said:

It seems like there's real excitement for this one. I really wonder if they're having discussions about moving release forward to capitalize on the interest... 2 months is a long time to let that enthusiasm fade
Cromagnum
AG
Civen said:

Madmarttigan said:

It seems like there's real excitement for this one. I really wonder if they're having discussions about moving release forward to capitalize on the interest... 2 months is a long time to let that enthusiasm fade

They need to spend that time beefing up servers. D3 was horrible at launch.
Civen
AG
Cromagnum said:

Civen said:

Madmarttigan said:

They need to spend that time beefing up servers. D3 was horrible at launch.
The beta wasn't great either, with 2 hour login queues...

Hopefully they got some good data from it though, to manage launch needs & expectations
AliasMan02
AG
I know PC is where it's at, but I was pleasantly surprised with basically no queue times on Xbox.
txag2k
AG
AliasMan02 said:

I know PC is where it's at, but I was pleasantly surprised with basically no queue times on Xbox.
X-played a bit with Wheat in the beta to see how that went, and it was smooth for both of us. Personally I could not imagine Diablo with a controller but if you can manage to swing it, I'm sure it's as fun for all playing.
Madmarttigan
AG
Xbox worked great, there were queue times but once I was in there were no issues.

Also really like discord integration so cross play and chat is easy.
spieg12
AG
txag2k said:

AliasMan02 said:

X-played a bit with Wheat in the beta to see how that went, and it was smooth for both of us. Personally I could not imagine Diablo with a controller but if you can manage to swing it, I'm sure it's as fun for all playing.

It's always interesting seeing other people's experiences. I have only ever played D3 on controller since I have never owned a PC capable of gaming until recently. I played D4 beta on PS5 and really enjoyed it. I am like a baby giraffe learning to walk with mouse and keyboard so I use controller even for my PC games.
All I do is Nguyen
I'm currently playing through D3 (never got past level 15) and I don't sweat the first few days of launch when big games come out. I know there will be long que items and crashes.

Now if it persists longer than a week or two I'd get mad
Cromagnum
AG
Civen
AG
Report Content:
I'm in this picture and I don't like it.
Madmarttigan
AG
It was a launch to rival EAs sim city for how bad it went.
Cromagnum
AG
Madmarttigan said:

It was a launch to rival EAs sim city for how bad it went.

LOL. I member when we tried to make a Texags metropolis and nobody could get online. I also member how when your city reached a certain size it just broke.

Your citizens literally just moved down the road in one direction to whatever the first available job was that needed working. Then when they went home, they just went to the first unoccupied home they came to. What a broken POS game.
All I do is Nguyen
Cities skylines is what the new EA sim city should've been
DallasTeleAg
All I do is Nguyen said:

Cities skylines is what the new EA sim city should've been
Never cared for Sim City. I have spent over 200 hours in Cities Skylines. Cannot wait for Cities Skylines 2.
All I do is Nguyen
There's a second one coming out?????
DallasTeleAg
All I do is Nguyen said:

There's a second one coming out?????
Don't want to derail the thread, but here ya go: https://texags.com/forums/30/topics/2611872/replies/64416341
Artorias
AG
Never played Diablo 2 back in the day. Was trying it out ahead of D4 release, but so far the 2 builds I have tried feel underwhelming, even though they are supposedly S-tier builds from what I read online.

Tried Hammerdin, and good lord the mana! Plus the path of the hammers makes it overly difficult to hit anything, especially in the narrow tunnels in some of the dungeons as the hammers seem to instantly hit walls and disappear.

Tried Summonmancer, and all was good until I hit first big boss - Andariel I think? She pretty much one shot all my minions with her AOE attack and then beelined for me. Took several tries of playing cat and mouse, resummoning, minions getting one-shot, rinse/repeat, to finally get her down. If all boss fights are going to be this annoying with this build, I will pass.

Any other recommendations for good leveling builds? I am just looking to finish the storyline and then move on. Don't plan on doing any end-game farming/grinding. Was just hoping to fill the Diablo-fix until D4 comes out. Already played D3 alot and PoE to end game.
WGann3
AG
Those S-Tier builds may be very gear dependent and likely are leveled using completely different builds than what they ultimately re-spec into once they're a high enough level or have proper gear. If you're just planning to play through the story on normal once I wouldn't even mess with those "S-Tier" builds, that's referring to end game type stuff that you aren't going to mess with.

Maxroll.gg has some good guides and leveling guides in general. Try the link below, I'm posting from my phone so apologies if the link fails.

https://maxroll.gg/d2/category/guides#metas%3D%5Bd2-leveling%5D
satexas
AG
So forgive me for asking, but what is Diablo4 most like?

D2 is a legendary classic model, and D3 was nothing like it.... D3 was more poe-ish to me. What's D4 most like?
DallasTeleAg
Diablo 2 is not an easy mode game like most modern games, especially on the harder difficulties. You have to actually use potions for HP and Mana throughout the first 20 or so levels... a lot. Mana potions aren't in that game as simple filler. At early levels, I rock mana pots on half of my belt slots.

As you level up for certain builds, there are runewords you can make that increase mana regen, provide teleport, or are otherwise important for certain builds. Also, builds in both D2 and D3 (though even moreso in D2) are not simply about the build, but also about the playstyle.

I you are dying too quickly and not killing fast enough, and are not on act 4 or 5 hell difficulty, then you need to either reduce the difficulty, or farm a different area.
DallasTeleAg
satexas said:

D2 is a legendary classic model, and D3 was nothing like it.... D3 was more poe-ish to me. What's D4 most like?
What does that mean?

D4 is definitely a blend of the two. It has a similar fluidity in the combat style, like D3, but more methodical like D2 because you don't slay through massive mobs of enemies like D3. Also, the dodge mechanic in D4 is extremely important, and adds a lot to the fights. If you are a squishy class and don't have good mobility, you will be one-shotted by certain attacks. For example, the standard trash wraith archers would instakill my rogue at level 75, if I didn't immediately dodge out of their big damage attack, if there was more than one.

I like the builds in D4, so far, better than the other 2 because of how the synergies work, along with the paragon boards and such. It really does get to a point, after around level 40 or 50, where you are just chasing incremental upgrades to gear and paragon board builds.

Legendaries drop more often than they do in D2, but not as frequent as D3 greater rifts. That is mostly because the difference in playstyle and reduction of quantities in mob packs. There are Uniques and Legendary items. Uniques are set items, similar to what we were used to in D2 and D3. These are a pale orange/yellow color. The Legendaries in D4 are simply items with a legendary power and random stats. Legendary powers are segragated by armor/weapon/ring/amulet, or something close to that. A Legendary power for armor can appear on any helm, chest, glove, or boots. You can then extract that power and apply it to a rare of the same Tier.

I personally really like the PvE combat in D4, though PvP still just feels like I'm spamming buttons because of how fast it is.

As for end game stuff, I could literally type of thousands of words on how it currently works, but I just don't feel like making that time investment.
satexas
AG
DallasTeleAg said:

satexas said:

What does that mean?

It means instanced-based maps (POE, Gatewalkers) versus a true dungeon crawler (D2) on a storied quest.
DallasTeleAg
Ah, gotcha.

The dungeons are all static in D4, which is actually one of my biggest complaints about the end game. You can sometimes run into events, but the layout is always the same and they don't really all have a unique feel to them.

You reset the dungeons using keys that drop when you beat them. These nightmare keys are at various levels and allow you to do increasingly difficult versions of the dungeons to level up gems which are placed in various slots on your paragon boards. The higher level gems incrementally increase their added stats, with certain points in their leveling also increasing how they buff the various points around their slots. All my terminology is wrong, because it's been so long, and I may be failing in explaining this well via short forum posts.
satexas
AG
DallasTeleAg said:

Ah, gotcha.

The dungeons are all static in D4, which is actually one of my biggest complaints about the end game. You can sometimes run into events, but the layout is always the same and they don't really all have a unique feel to them.

You reset the dungeons using keys that drop when you beat them. These nightmare keys are at various levels and allow you to do increasingly difficult versions of the dungeons to level up gems which are placed in various slots on your paragon boards. The higher level gems incrementally increase their added stats, with certain points in their leveling also increasing how they buff the various points around their slots. All my terminology is wrong, because it's been so long, and I may be failing in explaining this well via short forum posts.

I get the basis of what you're saying and appreciate it. It does answer my question, thank you.
AliasMan02
AG
DallasTeleAg said:

Ah, gotcha.

D4 uses procedurally generated dungeons, I thought.
javajaws
AG
AliasMan02 said:

DallasTeleAg said:

Ah, gotcha.

D4 uses procedurally generated dungeons, I thought.
Only sort of. There is some randomness...but not the sort of randomness that makes it really demonstrably different. IMO that (variety/staleness) will be their biggest issue for endgame unless they address it somehow post release.
AliasMan02
AG
Are we sure that wasn't just for the beta to limit the burden on the servers?
spieg12
AG
From what I've read the dungeons in each region are intentionally similar, which is why there was not much variety in the beta due to being locked to one region. Full game will have a wider diversity due to having many regions.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.