Diablo IV

86,528 Views | 1141 Replies | Last: 11 hrs ago by txag2k
Hagen95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
WGann3 said:

People on Reddit were complaining it wasn't good if you want an example of people complaining about literally anything. Looks incredible for every possible build to me.
Everyone is grinding for the Shako for sure. I can't see a build that it wouldn't help with.
Madmarttigan
AG
The worst things about this game are inventory management, renown farming, and dungeon design.

There needs to be a gem bag 100%. They also need a much more different graphic for regular vs sacred vs ancestral rares.

Renown if it doesn't roll over to seasonal chars (the skill and paragon points) I'm going to rage pretty hard.

Compared to d3 rift layout the dungeons in this game are filled with backtracking and empty time.

Besides those things I like the game a lot. They could really take it to the next level with more helltide unique events and buffing open world stuff with more bosses.
WGann3
AG
Madmarttigan said:

The worst things about this game are inventory management, renown farming, and dungeon design.

There needs to be a gem bag 100%. They also need a much more different graphic for regular vs sacred vs ancestral rares.

Renown if it doesn't roll over to seasonal chars (the skill and paragon points) I'm going to rage pretty hard.

Compared to d3 rift layout the dungeons in this game are filled with backtracking and empty time.

Besides those things I like the game a lot. They could really take it to the next level with more helltide unique events and buffing open world stuff with more bosses.
I agree with just about everything you listed here as far as complaints go.

But I said it in an earlier post in this thread, I think we have a fantastic core to start with here. Can't wait to play this one for hopefully years to come. D3 felt like it had solid gameplay at launch, but just about everything else at launch had to be fixed over a number of years before it was a solid product. That isn't the case here IMO. Plenty to be improved, but it can definitely be improved.
Hagen95
AG
I hear what you're saying about the dungeons. I remembered that from the alpha and hoped they would have addressed it in some manner. I feel like I've played the majority of the game now and I'm still grinding, but I need more than the occasional world event to stay on the grind. Or it could be I'm getting old.
DallasTeleAg
This was all pretty much my exact feedback during the endgame beta. I specifically mentioned wanting more important events in the world. I don't like feeling like I have to do 10 straight dungeons to farm. I want to be doing something when I am farming for better gear. I want to feel like I am accomplishing something or just having fun while finding better gear and such.

I think I got to 76 during the end game beta before just walking away. I hope they at least add some sort of Seasonal Journey, like they did in D3. Even with those basic achievements and rewards, I felt like I was reaching small milestones.

Would love more like that, with simple cosmetic rewards.
FatZilla
AG
The gearing and itemization is worse than D3 and that's saying something. So many garbage stats on gear and reroll costs are astronomical after just a few clicks.
Madmarttigan
AG
FatZilla said:

The gearing and itemization is worse than D3 and that's saying something. So many garbage stats on gear and reroll costs are astronomical after just a few clicks.

But you get wayyy more usable drops in the world. I like the gearing better than Diablo 3 and being forced to do bounties constantly to reroll.

Gearing is a very opinionated matter though but I like this system better. Any pair of boots or pants can be useful, any legendary can be useful even if the stats suck by having a good aspect.

If you want a breakdown of important stats there is a video out there but it is basically

% dmg
Main stat
Crit chance
Crit damage
Vulnerable damage
Attack speed

Literally every other dmg stat is additive and not as important, like % dmg to chilled, poisoned, stunned enemies etc

I believe chest and legs can have some of your best defensive rolls.
javajaws
AG
DallasTeleAg said:

javajaws said:

DallasTeleAg said:

easttexasaggie04 said:

I've never played a Diablo game. How easy are they to play for a total noob?
Builds only really become important once you start T3, so around level 50 and after the campaign.

Until then, just about anything will kill monsters, and best in slot gear is perfectly fine. If you are the type who actually wants to push end game and level up after the campaign, then you should look into some of the meta builds for whichever class you go for.
Even beyond level 50 you can still "play for fun" if you have no expectations of seeing how far/fast you can push yourself in nightmare dungeons. There will be inevitable nerfs/buffs to all classes so just play what's enjoyable and if you reach a stalling point maybe just roll a different class and start over. Or respec and try a different build.
My point... so there's not point in playing unless you are pushing. Also, you can "play for fun" if you are rocking a true build. Just throwing points around without thinking will not work in T3 hell tides.
I disagree somewhat - there's a lot of casual content there to enjoy at t3 and lower up to around level 60 or so. Of course you are "pushing" all the time but it's the rate of pushing and expectations of how far you can go that separate a casual player from someone more serious.

And some people (not the casuals/noobs) expect to be able to run any build at launch and expect it to be end game capable 1 week after the game has been released. That just isn't true in the current state of the game unfortunately. Sorcs literally only have one build that is capable of higher level nightmare dungeons unless you are a total pro. And that's great if that's the build you wanted to run. Otherwise...just enjoy the non-endgame content as much as you can and "wait your turn to be FOTM" when you hit a wall. That's my point...
All I do is Nguyen
Just unlocked tier 4 tonight with a buddy of mine running through the capstone dungeon together. I'm a 58 Barb and he's a 62 rogue and our combo just works because I take all the aggro and he melts everything down.
No matter what
DallasTeleAg
Small world! I just completed the 70 capstone as a 63 rogue. Final boss went down in under 30 seconds.
Sq1dvm
AG
Allright, newbie question. I am a horrible pack rat, currently about lv 30 and have already bought the second storage chest. Been saving all my stones and any items that may have useful stats (eg I'm a druid using cyclone armor so I'm storing items that give +1 to that [or other skills I'm using in hopes I can harvest those attributes to use later]). I'm starting to think I should be selling/ scrapping all this stuff and just start storing gear once I'm lvl 50 plus. Thoughts?
bbattbq01
AG
Scrap it. It's useless. Probably only thing worth saving are rare aspects. Little gems are not worth it either IMO.
Madmarttigan
AG
If it isn't a current upgrade as a rare scrap it. It will be useless at 50.

If it's a leg with a good aspect for a build later keep it.

Can anyone tell me what the point of a thousand gems is?
Formerly tv1113
Hagen95
AG
Madmarttigan said:

If it isn't a current upgrade as a rare scrap it. It will be useless at 50.

If it's a leg with a good aspect for a build later keep it.

Can anyone tell me what the point of a thousand gems is?
So you can be SHINY!
All I do is Nguyen
No matter what
DallasTeleAg
Yeah, start getting rid of all that stuff. I remember back during the closed beta I would horde all the legendary aspects I found, not realizing that they became useless the moment I hit 50.

Once you start finding Sacred items, everything pre-50 is useless. Once you start T4 and start finding Ancestral items, then everything pre-70 is useless.
javajaws
AG
DallasTeleAg said:

Small world! I just completed the 70 capstone as a 63 rogue. Final boss went down in under 30 seconds.
LOL I tried soloing it at 61 as a fire sorc...made it to the final boss with a few deaths but couldn't down the boss without getting 1-shot. Made it to 1/4 health on him once. Guess I'll try again in a couple days after I pick up a couple more levels and some more paragon points. Pretty sure my equipment is maxed out for t3....all sacred gear max upgrades and can't find anything better.
Hagen95
AG
I had a similar story at 61 so I tried again at 65 and was able to get through. I also finished some renown zones to get extra paragon points. All that great gear I had saved for that dungeon was gone quickly once I started getting ancestrals in tier 4.
AgDev01
AG
The capstone boss really is just a DPS race if you are trying it at low 60s as there are so many thing that will just one shot you in that fight. I was able to kill him by proccing a stun early before the first summon and then surviving long enough to trigger another one when the balrogs were being summoned.
Cromagnum
AG
How do gear levels work past level 50? I know in D3 once you hit max level, every new item that dropped was max level. Is it a constant grind of random item levels all the way up to 100 ?
Prime0882
AG
In just hit level 50 on my first character and am just starting Act 5... Thinking I explored too much of Act 1 since I left there at level 35 or so. Wondering if I wasted my time not rushing the campaign.
WGann3
AG
Prime0882 said:

In just hit level 50 on my first character and am just starting Act 5... Thinking I explored too much of Act 1 since I left there at level 35 or so. Wondering if I wasted my time not rushing the campaign.
Did you have fun? If the answer is yes, then I don't think you wasted your time. I probably overdid Act 1 as well because I was just having a blast roaming around doing whatever I felt like doing before I decided to just hammer out the main quest. I think they did a great job of making the game accessible to all sorts of play styles. You and I definitely didn't take the most efficient route to end game (I just finished the campaign and the final quest reward literally dinged me to 50) but I also don't feel like I wasted my time. I had a blast with my full playthrough.
MediAg13
AG
Prime0882 said:

I did the same thing as you and honestly it allowed me to complete the campaign on WT2 without getting carried or grouping. I barely was able to beat Lilith at 50, I certainly wouldn't have been able to at 40-45 if I had rushed it. A lot of people are having to go back and grind to be able to get down the Curator as well to advanced to nightmare. Having to go back and grind would be less fun than enjoying a more robust play through in act 1 the first time through.
AgDev01
AG
In WT3 you can get Sacred items which are basically a tier higher of rares, legendaries, uniques (horiher possible rolls and item level) WT4 adds another level above that in ancestrial items which can go up to around item lvl 840 or so
zip04
AG
I'm level 46 and currently in Act V, and I feel like I am rushing it right now. With Elden Ring, I explored every corner of the map as I worked through it. It is killing me to have areas of the map undiscovered in regions I have already played through, but I know I will hit those points after the campaign is complete.
AgDev01
AG
once you do the renown grind you'll definitely clear the map.
txag2k
AG
AgDev01 said:

In WT3 you can get Sacred items which are basically a tier higher of rares, legendaries, uniques (horiher possible rolls and item level) WT4 adds another level above that in ancestrial items which can go up to around item lvl 840 or so
so don't waste mats making the best gears at lvl 50 or even through WT3. Take major upgrades on gear, yes, but don't have to make the BiS items because as mentioned, you'll need to do that again @ WT4 etc.

Do I follow this rule?

lolno but I mean it's a decent idea
Madmarttigan
AG
I'm done with 4/5 zones renown and despise it.

There is heavy debate on Reddit if all the skill and paragon points transfer to seasonal characters and I pray they do. I don't want to have to do it again. Easily my least favorite part of the game.
Formerly tv1113
MediAg13
AG
I'll be upset if they don't. This "preseason" warmup has to be worth something.
AgDev01
AG
Fortunately im lazy so when it comes to gearing so it was pretty easy for me to wait till tier 4 to strat checking stats and stuff.

As far as renown goes, i finally completed it yesterday. That was a slog. One issue i see is that if it doesn't carry over having all of the lilith statues (which they have said will) is moot since you will have to regrind them anyway as that is the most efficient source of renown.

Im not sure if it still works but if you are in a party folks can go to seperate dungeons and both people will get credit on completion. If it is still like that when seasons start im all for finding 3 other folks, picking a zone each and just running dungeons till they are all done.
Hagen95
AG
I'm at 4/5 as well. I think I need a few more dungeons tonight to finish. They had better carry over as I don't want to do this again.
Breggy Popup
AG
What are seasonal characters?
AgDev01
AG
New characters you create for the seasonal content. Think ladders from D2. Basically they will have a season (complete with battle pass) that will run for 3 months with a specific theme. Could be new powers or items or whatever. You create a new seasonal character to participate and at the end of the season they are moved to the eternal realm which we are playing now.

Breggy Popup
AG
I see. I didn't play D2 or 3 so those references are lost on me.
Madmarttigan
AG
It wouldn't even be that bad to do renown if they adjusted it down one notch to make it only 4 tiers instead of 5. The last one just feels like a terrible grind.

Also every activity for renown is less experience and drops than the alternatives of tree of whispers/hell tides/legion events/ nightmare dungeons. It is a very anti ARPG concept.
Formerly tv1113

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.