Diablo IV

88,027 Views | 1165 Replies | Last: 19 hrs ago by txag2k
Cromagnum
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
DallasTeleAg said:

Damn... nice.

How many duriel attempts?

Only about 5 so I consider myself super lucky.
AtlAg05
AG
Cromagnum said:

DallasTeleAg said:

Damn... nice.

Didn't they say that at least you'd know someone with an Uber unique? Guess that is Cromag and the rest of us are screwed.
Cromagnum
AG
AtlAg05 said:

Cromagnum said:

DallasTeleAg said:

Damn... nice.

Didn't they say that at least you'd know someone with an Uber unique? Guess that is Cromag and the rest of us are screwed.

Someone a couple weeks ago got one of the swords I thought.
Madmarttigan
AG
It's ok even shako won't save you from getting one shot by Lilith
bbattbq01
AG
Madmarttigan said:

Yay… hundreds of attempts later I got lucky with damage procs. Blood surge necro

I got her to phase 2 yesterday for the first time lol

Spikes are such bull***** I'm playing ball lightning and just have to hope for enough lucky procs to refresh my fire shield cooldown to invuln through it.

Was only level 80ish I think, will try again next week when I'm back in town and higher lvl.
Cromagnum
AG
$65 for a mount and some boring cosmetics...(and they can't even spell judgment correctly)

L
O
Effing
L

https://www.wowhead.com/diablo-4/news/new-fathers-judgement-mount-bundle-available-now-335991
Cromagnum
AG
Suddenly my Scotty dog thinks Diablo 4 is the coolest thing ever. He's never given two ****s about my gaming before. Now he begs to sit in my lap to watch.

bbattbq01
AG
Must. Eat. Demons!
PPAag06
AG
As a point of reference I got the Harlequin Crest a couple days ago as well. Received it on my second attempt at Duriel. I have since beat him 5 additional times with my clan and no Uber Uniques have dropped for us. I am not sure exactly how many times the overall clan has attempted but I am the only one with the Uber unique. LVL 94 Rogue.
Cromagnum
AG
Barbarian tomfoolery (not me)

https://fb.watch/oe9Umoghzm/?mibextid=Nif5oz
Civen
AG
To each their own and all that... But...

How the hell are you existing in the year 2023 with just 1 monitor (that's not even ultra-wide)?!
Cromagnum
AG
Civen said:

To each their own and all that... But...

How the hell are you existing in the year 2023 with just 1 monitor (that's not even ultra-wide)?!

Don't need one more than one monitor for what I do at home. I do use dual monitor in my work office. My rig is also close to 8-9 years old so I'm definitely upgrading my monitor when I eventually rebuild.
Cromagnum
AG
bbattbq01
AG
Cromagnum said:

lol… killed Lilith last night with one. In second phase had her at one life before first platform drop happened and just had to dodge until all the pieces fell before it would let me kill her.
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
Cromagnum said:

Only until the season is over.
Hagen95
AG
Cromagnum said:

I respecced my sorc to orb and yep, sorc OP
Cromagnum
AG
Melted heart of sellig can actually be good. This guy found a way to make his barb 100% immortal and still capable of one shotting things. Granted, he also has a Shako and a Grandfather, so he may as well have an Infinity Gauntlet.

Pman17
AG
I finally got Diablo IV through the Steam sale. Couldn't justify paying $70 for an online game when I was offline for most of the summer.
txag2k
AG
Beat Abattoir of Zir level 1 with my HOTA barb and only level 15 glyphs so I'm going to get them to 21 before leveling the new glyph.

Basically D3 GRs but you get no revives.
WGann3
AG
I just can't bring myself to play again until they fix the loot, it's just so bad. I wanted to like the aspect system, I feel like I gave it a fair shot but man items were a complete chore to sort through and completely lacked the dopamine hit they used to have in Diablo games.

Didn't their last campfire chat say Season 4 was the goal to have an itemization overhaul? I'm glad they've at least acknowledged it's a problem.
DallasTeleAg
I'd rather they made legendaries harder to find, and create a crafting system to improve them and re-roll more than one attribute, or better way to get the attributes you need.
Hagen95
AG
I think it should be work to grind out a perfect weapon if you really want it, but it should be possible. Something like the Division 2 method to get and then craft the attributes you want.
Madmarttigan
AG
Yeah the game shouldn't get to a point where you don't even want to pick up yellows anymore.
Formerly tv1113
bbattbq01
AG
txag2k said:

Beat Abattoir of Zir level 1 with my HOTA barb and only level 15 glyphs so I'm going to get them to 21 before leveling the new glyph.

Basically D3 GRs but you get no revives.

I did it with my sorc and lvl 14 glyphs before I noticed they effed those up in the patch lol
txag2k
AG
Same, I didn't even check the actual levels before going in and assumed they were 15, they weren't lol. Now I'm able to blow through AoZ level 1 and am leveling them to 21 quickly with the 1000 XP per run.
txag2k
AG
They nerfed AoZ because everyone was saying it was too hard lol. Just rolled through a level 5 clear.
AtlAg05
AG
txag2k said:

They nerfed AoZ because everyone was saying it was too hard lol. Just rolled through a level 5 clear.

Therein lies the problem, making the game easier limits the things you can do. If you only have itemization left (which already sucks), it's boring. Endgame should be difficult, getting to 100 should take a long time.

I remember watching the first D3 HC Hell Diablo kill on YT, that difficulty is fun and requires effort. You can't add harder content and then immediately nerf it.
BowSowy
AG
AtlAg05 said:

txag2k said:

Therein lies the problem, making the game easier limits the things you can do. If you only have itemization left (which already sucks), it's boring. Endgame should be difficult, getting to 100 should take a long time.

I've enjoyed this season, much more than the previous. I've leveled two characters to 90+ but have fallen off of both prior to 100 for this exact reason. Both times, I got the uniques I needed and the proper affixes/aspects around level 80-85. It got boring steamrolling content for loot that was 99.9% trash, all in a chase for small min/max gains on gear.

I know, replaying content to min/max is the point of games like this. But when you don't even feel incentivized to pick up gear because it's almost always trash, there's really no chase goal. I almost hate to say it, but I think they made uniques too accessible this season.
Cromagnum
AG
It's too easy to get uniques, and most of the uniques you can get are trash anyways. Not counting ubers anyways.
Cromagnum
AG
I hope he never stops making these.

DallasTeleAg
ROFL... that was great.

I love his Elden Ring ones because the deaths are so fantastic.
Cromagnum
AG
Probably skipping season 3 unless convinced otherwise. This thread has been dead a month so I think I already know the answer.
BowSowy
AG
I've played it a little bit. Didn't have the hooks S2 did, and the itemization is still a big problem. Gonna take a break until they make it less tedious to sort through loot.

They also need to get a handle on the balancing, because it's just Barbs one-shorting everything
Madmarttigan
AG
Yeah I'm done until loot is fixed. I'm just not sorting through it anymore.

Season 2 was way better but haven't really heard anything good about 3.
BowSowy
AG
It started out real rough. Then they panicked, turned on the loot faucet, and basically made it easy to skip the seasonal mechanic all together

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.