Diablo IV

88,042 Views | 1165 Replies | Last: 23 hrs ago by txag2k
aezmvp
How long do you want to ignore this user?
At least it feels like the Devs at this point are listening and not just hitting everything with a nerf bat except one core build and just going lol glhf.
Cromagnum
AG
How do nightmare Dungeons work while in WT4? I have sacred and ancestral sigil, and its obvious the ancestral ones are a lot harder. Is ancestral loot firewalled behind the ancestral sigil or can you still get it with a sacred sigil in WT4 ?

Edit:
Reading into this, it seems you can only use sacred ones in T3 ancestral ones in T4. The problem is there is no Tier 1-19 in T4 as the lowest Ancestral one is Tier 20, so it's a bigass jump from vanilla T4.
aggiebonzo
AG
For the min/max nerds: I'm at the point I'm searching for gear that has at least 3 of the 4 attributes needed for build. It seems I'm more likely to find these in ancestral or sacred rares and really the only benefit I get from legendaries is the chance to extract a perfect aspect. Is this correct or am I just as likely to find a legendary with good affixes?
Cromagnum
AG
You can't kill that which is already dead. Talk about no lifeing it for June.

txag2k
AG
Cromagnum said:

wow
BenFiasco14
AG
Cromagnum said:

Ehh, come talk to me when you have a level 100 hardcore character
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
bbattbq01
AG
aggiebonzo said:

For the min/max nerds: I'm at the point I'm searching for gear that has at least 3 of the 4 attributes needed for build. It seems I'm more likely to find these in ancestral or sacred rares and really the only benefit I get from legendaries is the chance to extract a perfect aspect. Is this correct or am I just as likely to find a legendary with good affixes?

Yeah pretty sure that's the idea. Farm letendaries for their aspects and attach them to a perfect rare.
Cromagnum
AG
bbattbq01 said:

aggiebonzo said:

Yeah pretty sure that's the idea. Farm letendaries for their aspects and attach them to a perfect rare.

Don't legendaries have 1 more affix than a rare (not counting the aspect) ?
WGann3
AG
They start to have the same amount later on, 4 each.
Madmarttigan
AG
Kinda don't care about hitting 100 on my rogue just waiting for season 1 to happen.
Formerly tv1113
Cromagnum
AG
Finally got a windforce...and the legendary that's 8 levels less smokes it. Lame
WGann3
AG
That's definitely disappointing. Windforce is my all time favorite Diablo series item. Itemization needs some work. I don't hate it but I don't love it. It's very meh. Hoping it'll be improved over time.
Cromagnum
AG
WGann3 said:

That's definitely disappointing. Windforce is my all time favorite Diablo series item. Itemization needs some work. I don't hate it but I don't love it. It's very meh. Hoping it'll be improved over time.

Even with penetrating shot which has a high lucky hit chance of 80% on full combo, even a max rolled windforce only procs on 20% of lucky strikes. That's only a 1/6 chance to do a double damage knockback on something you probably killed with the attack in the first place.

My old legendary has like 60% dmg on dazed and 40% or so increased damage to poisoned, so that's practically 100% dmg buff on every hit with my build.
WGann3
AG
Yeah I've studied it's set rolls enough to know my xbow I just found at level 70 is going to probably put it to shame.
Breggy Popup
AG
Had an interesting thing happen. I went to put some gems in my stash and a separate tab appeared for a missing item. The Rage of Harragoth unique chest was in there. I guess if you miss picking up a unique it auto goes to town for you?

And regarding uniques, I guess once you get one then that's it for the character? To clarify, you can't get a repeat of a unique item? If so that blows since I got it at 55. It is once of the beat barb chests.
WGann3
AG
Cosmetics will go to your stash if you miss them too which is nice since the ones I've run into have white text.

You can find an infinite number of a specific unique item, so no big deal if you found a lower level version of one it'll drop again if you pray to the RNG gods.
Breggy Popup
AG
WGann3 said:

Cosmetics will go to your stash if you miss them too which is nice since the ones I've run into have white text.

You can find an infinite number of a specific unique item, so no big deal if you found a lower level version of one it'll drop again if you pray to the RNG gods.

Oh nice. I thought unique meant you could get it once.

What are cosmetics?
WGann3
AG
Different skins for your mount.
MediAg13
AG
I've gotten the same dumb boots and the razor plate 3-4 times each. Can't get the Sorc chest to save my life.
Cromagnum
AG
I did get a max roll temerity yesterday, so I'll be using that one for a while.
Breggy Popup
AG
I hope some rare glyphs start dropping soon. I only have one of them that I planned for my build and am starting my second paragon board.
hph6203
AG
Got a rare glyph for about 75% of the tree turn ins I did. Made it go fairly quick.
Breggy Popup
AG
hph6203 said:

Got a rare glyph for about 75% of the tree turn ins I did. Made it go fairly quick.
Thanks for the tip. I thought nightmare dungeons would drop them more but I just got 2 magics so far out of 15 or so runs. Did a whisper tonight and got the one I was looking for for my first board lol. My barb is suddenly extremely deadly.
Cromagnum
AG
Bregxit said:

I hope some rare glyphs start dropping soon. I only have one of them that I planned for my build and am starting my second paragon board.

When I was doing low level NM dungeons, one dropped nearly every time.
javajaws
AG
Bregxit said:

Had an interesting thing happen. I went to put some gems in my stash and a separate tab appeared for a missing item. The Rage of Harragoth unique chest was in there. I guess if you miss picking up a unique it auto goes to town for you?

And regarding uniques, I guess once you get one then that's it for the character? To clarify, you can't get a repeat of a unique item? If so that blows since I got it at 55. It is once of the beat barb chests.
Yes and no.

Yes, uniques that you fail to pickup will show up in your stash (same for legendaries as I recall).

No, that's not it for the character. I've gotten multiple drops of the same unique on the same character.
Cromagnum
AG
With season 1 coming up, who is playing what?

Main: Rogue (80)
No alts yet as I have previously have used seasons as my excuse to make them.

S1: Probably Druid.
zip04
AG
Main: Rogue (level 63)
Secondary: Necromancer (level 50 and staying there)
S1: Sorcerer
MediAg13
AG
Been maining a Sorc. Depending on what "adjustments" they make between now and season release I'll either continue playing a Sorc or try a druid.
txag2k
AG
MediAg13 said:

Been maining a Sorc. Depending on what "adjustments" they make between now and season release I'll either continue playing a Sorc or try a druid.

Same (Sorc as main now), but for me I'll be a Rogue instead of Druid depending on those "adjustments" for Sorc.
Madmarttigan
AG
Kinda quit until season one fiddling around on alts but likely going Druid or necro for season 1.

I like rogue but think I will get burned out going rogue unless they make a lot of adjustments and not everything revolves around traps for vulnerability.
Formerly tv1113
Cromagnum
AG
Madmarttigan said:

Kinda quit until season one fiddling around on alts but likely going Druid or necro for season 1.

I like rogue but think I will get burned out going rogue unless they make a lot of adjustments and not everything revolves around traps for vulnerability.

Yeah, I'm hoping they tweak it where running a no trap build is still viable.
Breggy Popup
AG
Cromagnum said:

Bregxit said:

When I was doing low level NM dungeons, one dropped nearly every time.

Haha I guess I just needed to ask about it. Just had the last 7 drop in one NM dungeon.
Madmarttigan
AG
Should be a lot of season 1 info Thursday
Formerly tv1113
ConfidentAg
AG
As a huge Diablo fan since playing the original with my mom back in the 90's. (And still play Diablo 2 about once every 6 months)

I am pretty dissatisfied with D4.

Pros-
Beautiful: characters look great. Skills look great.
Fun skills: everything looks and feels good.

Cons-
Level scaling: in previous games if things got tough I could just grind a previous region for loot and exp. Now I feel like there is zero "improvement". And I just struggle through every part.
Monsters: just doesn't seem like a big variety.
Acts: not a huge deal but there being no concrete acts is weird.
Vantage point: why do I always catch myself scrolling my wheel trying to "zoom out"?
Towns: D3 had this issue too. Why no congregation points at fleshed out towns like D2?
Frozen orb: I just want a frozen orb skill that looks and feels like the D2 frozen orb.

Overall worth the money but a little disappointing considering how great D2 was.

Going to play it once and probably never play it again like I did D3.
WGann3
AG
ConfidentAg said:

As a huge Diablo fan since playing the original with my mom back in the 90's. (And still play Diablo 2 about once every 6 months)

I am pretty dissatisfied with D4.

Pros-
Beautiful: characters look great. Skills look great.
Fun skills: everything looks and feels good.

Cons-
Level scaling: in previous games if things got tough I could just grind a previous region for loot and exp. Now I feel like there is zero "improvement". And I just struggle through every part.
Monsters: just doesn't seem like a big variety.
Acts: not a huge deal but there being no concrete acts is weird.
Vantage point: why do I always catch myself scrolling my wheel trying to "zoom out"?
Towns: D3 had this issue too. Why no congregation points at fleshed out towns like D2?
Frozen orb: I just want a frozen orb skill that looks and feels like the D2 frozen orb.

Overall worth the money but a little disappointing considering how great D2 was.

Going to play it once and probably never play it again like I did D3.
Sounds like you've wanted Diablo III and Diablo IV to be Diablo II-2. And I'm not here to tell you there's anything wrong with that, Diablo II is my favorite game of all time and it's what I went into III hoping for. I was extremely disappointed with III. It got better over time but never felt like a true Diablo game to me at any point.

I went into IV with more of an open mind than I did III and I've enjoyed it significantly more. It's not perfect, but I think the foundation they've laid here is great. I can't wait to see how the game evolves. I most importantly feel like I'm playing a Diablo game. Itemization is meh, hope that improves sooner rather than later and the one thing I definitely agree with you on is the vantage point. I wish the zoom out for our characters was what it is with the mount.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.