Diablo IV

88,030 Views | 1165 Replies | Last: 19 hrs ago by txag2k
txag2k
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
DallasTeleAg said:

Correct. You want to get to T4 as soon as you can. No reason to max out sacred items from enchanting in T3, because they will all be replaced in T4.

This!!
Average Joe
AG
Between kids and other games I'm probably way behind a lot of y'all, but finished the story at some 44 or 45 with my Necro and have been working on whatever I can get through to level. Currently 48 or 49.

I go through groups like butter but single target bosses are a grind. Struggling finishing some T2 dungeons after multiple boss tries even though I run through everyone up to the boss.

Fun game, though. Enjoy the pacing better than D3 the most.
DallasTeleAg
You need to respec for better defensive skills, and always roll defensive stats on Pants and Chest.
All I do is Nguyen
Man the leveling seriously takes a dip once you hit 70. I was getting close to 1/4 of a level per legion event before I hit 70 and now it's close to 1/10 of a level
No matter what
flintdragon
AG
any idea approx what level a barbarian can take on the capstone to get WT3? I'm level 43 and can only get maybe 40% into the curator.
All I do is Nguyen
flintdragon said:

any idea approx what level a barbarian can take on the capstone to get WT3? I'm level 43 and can only get maybe 40% into the curator.
I did it at level 48 and the final boss fight was long but I hadn't specced my barb for damage at that point
No matter what
flintdragon
AG
All I do is Nguyen said:

flintdragon said:

I did it at level 48 and the final boss fight was long but I hadn't specced my barb for damage at that point
funny thing, I had just respecced for damage so was getting destroyed fast at certain points. May give that a shot or just level up some I guess.
Breggy Popup
AG
flintdragon said:

All I do is Nguyen said:

flintdragon said:

funny thing, I had just respecced for damage so was getting destroyed fast at certain points. May give that a shot or just level up some I guess.

I beat him at 51. The key for me was really focusing and dodging all of his different attacks. All it took was one or two mistakes and there was no recovering.

I also didn't realize how gimped my build was until I messed around in WT3 after. I respecced and murder stuff there now.
Prime0882
AG
Finished up the Altar of Lilith/Clear the fog of war grind last night and think that may be where I call it once my copy of Final Fantasy 16 gets here.

Depending on what actually gets pulled over to seasonal characters will probably dictate how much I play in the near future. If the renown earned from Altars and clearing the fog of war still count, then I think that's a reasonable start point to grind renown again. If it's some stupid slog then I may wave it off until more changes are made.

Great Diablo game, enjoyed the Necro, looking forward to hopefully throwing myself back into it once the season is released.
PeekingDuck
AG
I did it at 45, but that included grabbing half the Lilith statues and some decent gear. It took a little bit of time, but wasn't that difficult. Otherwise I'd say high 40s is a reasonable time to give it a shot.
All I do is Nguyen
Prime0882 said:

Finished up the Altar of Lilith/Clear the fog of war grind last night and think that may be where I call it once my copy of Final Fantasy 16 gets here.

Depending on what actually gets pulled over to seasonal characters will probably dictate how much I play in the near future. If the renown earned from Altars and clearing the fog of war still count, then I think that's a reasonable start point to grind renown again. If it's some stupid slog then I may wave it off until more changes are made.

Great Diablo game, enjoyed the Necro, looking forward to hopefully throwing myself back into it once the season is released.

They've already confirmed altars and their bonuses carry over to the seasons. Idk about the fog though
No matter what
BenFiasco14
AG
I'll be honest. I have no idea what y'all are talking about with stuff "rolling" into seasons? Aren't our characters right now on the eternal realm? Is the claim these characters are useless once the season starts?

I just don't understand what everyone is so upset about.
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
DallasTeleAg
It's fairly simple. Diablo players like participating in seasons. Having to do a slog of a grind to find all the altars and gain renown each season is so unbearable, I know it will prevent me from doing seasons.

Yes, you can play on the eternal realm forever, but that's also no fun.

I'm sure they will change things to make Seasons good. The question is how long will it take for them to do this.
BenFiasco14
AG
DallasTeleAg said:

It's fairly simple. Diablo players like participating in seasons. Having to do a slog of a grind to find all the altars and gain renown each season is so unbearable, I know it will prevent me from doing seasons.

Yes, you can play on the eternal realm forever, but that's also no fun.

I'm sure they will change things to make Seasons good. The question is how long will it take for them to do this.

This didn't answer any of my questions. I didn't play Diablo 3 outside of a few years in college back before battle passes and seasons were in a thing in games.

I understand the concept of battle pass and seasons.

Are you saying each season will require us to roll new characters? Has blizzard said that?
txag2k
AG
If you want to participate in the new season, yes need to create a new character that will roll over into eternal realm after the season is over. Also the perks introduced during the season rolls out to the eternal realm after the season is over, it it's like D3.

Depending on the amount of renown that carries over over will depend if I hate the F out of it.

edit to add:

&

Prime0882
AG
On the campfire chat with the Devs they did make it sound like the fog of war and altars of lilith will be a one time thing. Sounds like originally seasonal characters were going to be completely fresh, but, since the game released they've reconsidered and both will remain unlocked on all realms. One of the videos above brought up the same thing, so it sounds like grinding those out will put you in the best position before seasons launch.

That said, both of those still need to be patched in, so hopefully it's something that can be done by the devs within the next month.
XXXVII
What does CC and proc mean? There's already too much gobbledygook in this game.
Claude!
XXXVII said:

CC = crowd control, i.e., stuns, freezes, getting turned into a sheep, etc. Anything that causes you to lose control of your character (or that your character does that causes loss of control in a monster)

Proc = programmed random occurrence. If you have an ability or item that has a 7% chance to have an additional effect (more damage, stun, etc.), it has a 7% chance to proc that effect. Can also be used as a noun to reference the effect.
aezmvp
I've been using proc so long I'd completely forgotten it was an acronym.
Claude!
Hah - I had to look it up.
Madmarttigan
AG
I never knew it was an acronym thought it was just gamer lingo.
Formerly tv1113
flintdragon
AG
PeekingDuck said:

I did it at 45, but that included grabbing half the Lilith statues and some decent gear. It took a little bit of time, but wasn't that difficult. Otherwise I'd say high 40s is a reasonable time to give it a shot.
just completed at L47. I've only grabbed a handful of statues but wanted to try it. Died a few times with only a sliver of health left. Also took opportunities to kill the summoned mobs to get extra potion drops.
easttexasaggie04
AG
I've never played a Diablo game. What would you compare it to? Explain it to me like I'm 5! Haha
txag2k
AG
have you ever played an AARPG?

Edit: from interwebz
"An AARPG stands for "Action-Adventure Role-Playing Game." It refers to a genre of video games that combines elements of action, adventure, and role-playing. These games typically involve exploration, combat, character development, and a rich storyline. Players often control a protagonist who embarks on a quest, acquires new abilities, and engages in battles with enemies. Popular examples of AARPGs include the Diablo series and the Dark Souls series."
DallasTeleAg
XXXVII said:

Those have nothing to do specifically with Diablo. Those are extremely common acronyms in RPG's.

... I'm sorry, in Role Playing Games.
DallasTeleAg
txag2k said:

have you ever played an AARPG?

Edit: from interwebz
"An AARPG stands for "Action-Adventure Role-Playing Game." It refers to a genre of video games that combines elements of action, adventure, and role-playing. These games typically involve exploration, combat, character development, and a rich storyline. Players often control a protagonist who embarks on a quest, acquires new abilities, and engages in battles with enemies. Popular examples of AARPGs include the Diablo series and the Dark Souls series."
Hmm... I don't like that description to explain the type of AARPG Diablo is, versus a Soulsborne game. The two are so extremely different.
XXXVII
DallasTeleAg said:

XXXVII said:

Those have nothing to do specifically with Diablo. Those are extremely common acronyms in RPG's.

I played the crap out of Diablo II back in the day, even on dial up internet, and I never heard those terms back then.
DallasTeleAg
Again.. those are not terms specific to Diablo. They are common acronyms among RPG's, especially among any game you play with others. The first time I ever heard those acronyms was back in 2005, when I first played WoW. I'm sure they were even used before that, though.

Very common terminology in gaming. I was just pointing that out when your statement seemed to be directed specifically at D4.
AgDev01
AG
I would say WoW would be the game that popularized those terms. Prior to that unless you were playing EQ its possible you never heard them even on D2 battlenet.
BowSowy
AG
easttexasaggie04 said:

I've never played a Diablo game. What would you compare it to? Explain it to me like I'm 5! Haha
The general gist is that there's a 6 act story you play through. Once you reach the end of that story, you're roughly level 50. The fun of the game is not necessarily playing through the story the first time, it's what you do after. Increasing difficulty to get better drops, completing elements of the world to make it quicker/easier when you play a different character, getting better gear that can change your playstyle.

It's an action loot game. If you start out running around trying to avoid fighting mobs, you're playing it wrong. You get loot constantly. If you're playing casually, you can mostly just look for gear that has a better overall level than what you have. When you find legendaries, they have aspects on them that can entice you to respec and use different skills (or trash them if they don't fit the build you want). If you really get into it, you start to learn what stats/aspects you want from gear that tailor to your build. There's a whole lot more involved, and there are hours of videos and texts to get into it.
BowSowy
AG
The blatant disrespect for DAoC
BenFiasco14
AG
DallasTeleAg said:

XXXVII said:

Dude, why are you so high and mighty? I'd roll my eyes if someone talked like you about their job, let alone a game. Nobody likes a gatekeeper. Sheesh.
aezmvp
BowSowy said:

The blatant disrespect for DAoC
Only the most hardcore people remember DAoC. WoW was for the masses and definitely popularized the term.
PeekingDuck
AG
Ultima Online!
XXXVII
DallasTeleAg said:

XXXVII said:

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.