*****Official Destiny Year Two PS4 Thread*****

260,891 Views | 3270 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by TexasAggie_02
Saxsoon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I definitely have some crucible quests to go after.

Also, go talk to Amanda Halliday (shipwright) if you have a maxxed Last Word. You get a quest line to compete with it in the crucible to get an exotic shotgun I think
MBAR
AG
Gah, I'm stuck at school till 5 and then I gotta go out for a dinner. Hopefully I'll be home by 8 so I can get some game time in this evening and maybe hit 40 on my titan.

I'd definitely be down for some Rift. I have yet to play it.
Tex117
AG
There is more story and background in the first 15 min of TTK then all of Vanilla combined.

Not sure how the gear will distribute endgame (legendary and all), but damn, Im enjoying the story missions right now.
spieg12
AG
Holy crap the vault of glass mission is intense if you play solo.
Saxsoon
AG
quote:
yeah it was
Saxsoon
AG
A few of us got through the daily heroic on the final main story mission (Regicide) and it wasn't too bad.

Now I am at 251 light and figured it wouldn't be bad to jump into Heroic Vanguard. Holy **** that is hard. No burns to speak of either. I gave up because I don't have enough gear to take down the shields yet
Tex117
AG
Do we know what the recommended light level is for the Raid?

It would seem that alot of us made some pretty good progress today, and it wasn't all THAT time intensive.

Prime0882
AG
Read on Reddit that light level on gear that drops goes off your current light level. If you're a new level 40 with 200 light, you're not going to be getting those 250 light level blues.

Guess that explains why we see some legendary items that are lower light than blues. I did notice that the stats on those lower light legs blew away the stats on blue items, so they should be good to infuse.
Beau Holder
AG
Got up to 40/225 light on the Titan, aided by a Dead Orbit helmet drop. Wasn't too difficult at all.
Prime0882
AG
Probably common sense stuff or stuff you will all figure out, but here's some advice I think would be helpful to those just starting out:

Encrypted Engrams seem to be based off your current light level when you decrypt, so make one character your "main" and work on their light level, and then decrypt any weapon engrams on that higher level toon for your non-main toons (remember that armor decrypts to class specific armor, generally).

The 25 Hadium Flakes for the sword quest (off of Lord Shaxx) can be obtained pretty quickly just by checking the four hidey holes for chests in the starting patrol area and then going to orbit. Rinse and repeat. These Hadium Flakes are only obtained via opening chests on the dreadnaught. I got mine done in about 30 minutes last night. Also, it sounds like if you infuse the sword up to 290 light level, then you can open up the quest line to forge it into the exotic sword.

Keep your lower light level legendary items in the beginning as you can infuse them with other items of the same slot - you do not need a higher level rocket launcher to infuse another rocket launcher - just needs to be heavy to heavy, ghost to ghost, etc. Those lower light legendary items still have much better stats than the blues you may find with higher light level.

Save your legendary marks for Friday after you buy something off of Xur so you know which armor slot needs an upgrade after, hopefully, equipping your first Year 2 exotic.

Reputation packages do not stack, reportedly.

After you complete the main quest line with the Taken King, go visit Amanda Holliday if you have The Last Word. She is supposed to hand out a quest for the new exotic shotgun, The Chaperon, if you already have a TLW. This does seem to be bugged though... I have TLW and am not getting the quest to pop up.

The story missions seem to be tough this go around to do solo, especially the daily heroic story mission!
Saxsoon
AG
While strikes won't go very marks now, grinding the strikes is a good idea according to reddit. Consecutive strikes drop higher light levels and you can either wear that or use to infuse on your legendaries.
Drake aTm
AG
quote:

I CANT BEAT IT....But I need the legendary marks.

After you survive the taken wave is there more to the mission?
spieg12
AG
Yep. It doesn't get any easier. I would recommend just keep running and hiding and picking things off one by one. If you stop moving they will swarm you and you wont survive.
Saxsoon
AG
I was able to get that one solo but I required a lot of hiding. I actually never had to use fireborn either
Saxsoon
AG
Having a good pulse rifle was essential for taking longer range potshots. If you are running an AR or a close range hand Cannon, you will have a bad time
Beau Holder
AG
I've only done two story missions. Y'all have me excited to take this one on and either dominate it and come bak gloating or get wiped and never speak of it again.
spieg12
AG
Yep. I used a scout rifle and Stormcaller and did it solo.
Drake aTm
AG
If anyone is needs help getting legendary marks let me know. I'm trying to grind. So far most of the quests have given me 25 marks for each toon.

I'm using all the marks for warlock gear/weapons first. I hope it's worth it. I just like storm caller the best
Beau Holder
AG
I still highly prefer Voidwalker and Bladedancer. Sunbreaker is the only new one that outdoes the previous subclasses to me. And even then, its perk tree isn't as synergistic as it should be and that bugs me.
redbaron788
AG
Nightstalker has a great perk that shows chests and resources on the radar which makes the flakes easy. Also it can make a lot of damn orbs in the right situation.
Saxsoon
AG
I would hold off on buying stuff with Marks. I realized that after I bought a robe for my warlock that there is a good chance that Xur could end up selling an exotic in a slot you may have. Better to wait for friday.
Prime0882
AG
quote:
I still highly prefer Voidwalker and Bladedancer. Sunbreaker is the only new one that outdoes the previous subclasses to me. And even then, its perk tree isn't as synergistic as it should be and that bugs me.
So.. my titan will always be my main guy and I am loving the Sunbreaker class. But, I do miss playing the role of playing a defender Titan.

I have noticed in some of these higher light level strikes and missions that not having any defensive support like that is rough. No other class can fill that niche of the Bubblebro.

Drake aTm
AG
Which class should I invest in for the raid?

I haven't spent any legendary marks yet.
Saxsoon
AG
I am doing my warlock but I would go with titan since you can be destructive or still have the shield in case the raid has a shot ton of adds
spieg12
AG
Just found a sublime engram on the dreadnaught. Excited to see what I get.
Gomer95
AG
I have a question because even though I've played a while I'm still an "old" playing this so please help me out. I'm a level 25 Titan from leveling up immediately when I downloaded TTK and my other character from Year 1 is a Level 30 Guardian. I'm about to play through the TTK story and before I start, I wondered what are the bounties or items to equip that will allow me to level up the fastest or complete bounties WHILE I'm doing the story so I can complete them without thinking about it. I mean if I'm going to be doing story missions anyway, why not complete bounties at the same time. Also, should I choose a certain emblem or crest to wear while I do this? And I was planning on playing through with my Titan to level him up quicker or should I play through with the level 30 hunter gunslinger first? I'm just trying to maximize my playing time while I play through the story. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.
spieg12
AG
Just pick up all the bounties. You can hold 16 now.
Jack Burton
AG
Through 3 of the storyline and the Sunbreaker and this is already more of a complete storyline than Year 1 was at any time
30_Days
AG
don't forget to visit the weaponsmith. today is weapon's day. You can field test all of the weapons he has available and get to rep level 1 in about 15 minutes if you're strategic about it.
spieg12
AG
Resend me a friend request. I accidentally deleted it with all the others I was deleting.
spieg12
AG
Just 2 manned the giant shank strike level 41. Both of us were at 258 light. That was one of the most challenging yet fun things I've done so far. Third guy left as soon as we spawned and the game never put anyone else in.
Saxsoon
AG
If you get to level 2 on the gunsmith you can get two gun packages, as well as a gift from him with a new gun immediately (mine was a 270 pulse). He also gave me a quest to get a new gun.
Saxsoon
AG
I played five strikes and went up about 13 light levels. Got a bunch of engrams and even got a purple engram for PS4 specific gloves. Definitely when you have a bunch of engrams, open one at a time and see if it can raise your light level, then equip it as it will help you get potentially higher gear.

Closed day two at 267 light. Getting close to running nightfall I think.
spieg12
AG
I ended at 264. Hopefully will have enough gear tomorrow to run the nightfall.
30_Days
AG
quote:
I played five strikes and went up about 13 light levels. Got a bunch of engrams and even got a purple engram for PS4 specific gloves. Definitely when you have a bunch of engrams, open one at a time and see if it can raise your light level, then equip it as it will help you get potentially higher gear.

Closed day two at 267 light. Getting close to running nightfall I think.
I'm going to start doing this, because this new gear mechanic is brutal on the soul.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.