What's on your wrist today... I'll start :)

74,557 Views | 477 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by Bondag
Coppell97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
CStewTAMU
AG
TPS_Report
AG
Post removed:
by user
aTm2004
AG
quote:
You don't wear a watch with a tux. It's considered impolite

I somehow managed to get away with it without any old ladies fainting or men walking up so pissed off that their monocle wouldn't stay on. If only I had known it were offending people.

MouthBQ98
AG
Do work gloves count?
Smee
More about what you wear after you take the gloves off. Or when you're done with the fat chick... if that applies.
MouthBQ98
AG
Ah. Nothing, then. Watches are obsolete and impractical ornaments of a bygone era, even the ludicrous new high tech ones are poor cell phone implementations. I retired my citizen years ago, though I have kept it for sentimental reasons. I never am without a phone on me when I need an accurate time, and when I am off rotation, time is virtually irrelevant to me. hell, the date barely matters. Then on rotation, any jewelry or watches become a safety hazard. If I were to go back to a watch, I would probably get my old citizen reconditioned. It's no longer pretty, but it is meaningful. Incidentally, one of my goals in life is to never again wear a neck tie outside of a wedding or funeral, so I don't mind being an uncultured heathen. I can admire the ornamental artistry of a watch, but I am a modest person that does not go for the ostentatious, myself.
MouthBQ98
AG
Those are some sweet looking watches, I do have to say.
BustUpAChiffarobe
AG
quote:
i think im going to buy this watch

Go try it on in person, it looks amazing in all the pics, but I didn't look the blue in person. That's the good planet GMT 43.5 I believe
Post removed:
by user
Dr. Faustus
AG
quote:
Yes it is and I definitely will try before I buy. It's either that or the same watch with black face and steel band.

Blackface is racist.
Smee
Only for Arizona state... and others that are told about history
SUPAGGIE
I just ordered one of these with a blue face. I hope I like it in person.

rom85
I have one of invicta watches for men (Men's Russian Diver Analog Display Mechanical Hand Wind Grey Watch) on my wrist right now. It is a gift from my wife for our 5th wediing anniversary!

MPython43
bigjordo
AG
aTm2004
AG
Love the Explorer II.

Wearing the Monster today.

AgEng06
AG
quote:
I have one of invicta watches for men (Men's Russian Diver Analog Display Mechanical Hand Wind Grey Watch) on my wrist right now. It is a gift from my wife for our 5th wediing anniversary!

That's.... unique.

80s Guy
quote:
quote:

That's.... unique.

When you care enough to say, "**** it. I don't care what you think!"
EFE
AG
BustUpAChiffarobe
AG
I really liked the black/blue breitling superocean chrono posted earlier, and was planning on getting one; but saw a Ball NEDU with the same scheme, but with a slightly sturdier ceramic bezel and wicked lume. Really really liking what I see from Ball, they're a bit under the radar, but they punched outside of their weight class with the NEDU

TXAG 05
AG
That's a pretty sharp watch.
suburban cowboy
AG
I'm 24 and need to upgrade my wrist game at work.

I wear CT shirts, dress slacks and shoes to work Mon.-Thurs-- Jeans and boots on Friday.

Suggestions?? -- I really like the Omega and Breitling posted earlier. I want something that's unique, will be classic/timeless, and not crazy expensive. TIA.
aTm2004
AG
Define "crazy expensive."
BustUpAChiffarobe
AG
We talking under a grand or under 5?
suburban cowboy
AG
Ideally, 3-4 grand.
BustUpAChiffarobe
AG
quote:
Ideally, 3-4 grand.

Can't go wrong with the ceramic omega sea master 2500 in blue. Very eye catching, beautiful bracelet, ceramic bezel can take a beating for daily wear. You can get a new one for 3k or a gently used one in mint condition and 80% of remaining warranty for around $2300

(Not my pic pulled it from WUS)
aTm2004
AG
$3-4k? I'd look into an Omega Seamaster, Ball Stormchaser (the Cannonball is my favorite), or a Tudor. Tudor is a Rolex brand that's been re-introduced into the US market in the past few years and makes a great watch for the money. If you like dive watches and want something less common than an Omega or the like, I'd suggest looking into a MKII. You could get one of those for $1-2k.
aTm2004
AG
quote:
quote:
Ideally, 3-4 grand.

Can't go wrong with the ceramic omega sea master 2500 in blue. Very eye catching, beautiful bracelet, ceramic bezel can take a beating for daily wear. You can get a new one for 3k or a gently used one in mint condition and 80% of remaining warranty for around $2300

(Not my pic pulled it from WUS)

My pic...

suburban cowboy
AG
Really like the Seamaster pro... Scimitar's gator banded one is fly AF... Hard for me to decide between the leather and metal band though.

My only concern with the omega is that it's too mainstream.
aTm2004
AG
Bracelets can be changed pretty easily if you have the right tool, which costs around $30. From there, leather bands, NATOs, etc are available for as cheap or expensive as you want.

suburban cowboy
AG
Thanks, that pretty much confirms it for me.
ConsolTigerAg92
AG

I'm really hard on watches so I tend to buy cheap ones.
MPython43
For 3-4K you can get all sorts of awesome pieces. Check out watchrecon.com and you can get lightly used watches or grey market watches from reputable sellers for significantly less than retail. I've purchased a Tudor and a Rolex that way and saved $3500 off retail with no complaints.

In that price range there Are some awesome IWCs, Tudors, Bremonts, higher-end Omegas than the Seamaster, older Rolexes, Breitlings, Zeniths, etc. That kind of budget should come with some solid research and have fun doing it, unless there is just a watch you've had your eye on for a long time.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.