How many 2018ers will Jimbo keep?

9,055 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by technoviking
technoviking
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm thinking Jimbo makes calls to all the kids on the commit list.

Dashaun white probably decommits.

I can see him focusing on retaining the big men.

I can't wait to see how nationally he will reach out. It's gonna be exciting.

In 2019 I expect the new coach smell effect will bring in a huge class.
Jlove1770
AG
technoviking said:

I'm thinking Jimbo makes calls to all the kids on the commit list.

Dashaun white probably decommits.

I can see him focusing on retaining the big men.

I can't wait to see how nationally he will reach out. It's gonna be exciting.

In 2019 I expect the new coach smell effect will bring in a huge class.
Curious why Deshaun White decommits? Could we pick up other recruits that maybe we wouldn't have gotten? Time will tell. Exciting times!!!
technoviking
AG
White was rumored to flip to ou. It'll be interesting to see what impact jimbo will have on him
Zman91
AG
Most commits will stick with A&M . They committed to A&M because they wanted to play for the Aggies , they did not commit because they wanted to play for a specific coach. The ones who don't stay committed were probably on the fence anyway.
TCSD84
Jimbo is an upgrade over Dumlin. Hopefully he brings Brewster with him. Monster recruiter.our class will only get better.
Bone6
Quote:

They committed to A&M because they wanted to play for the Aggies , they did not commit because they wanted to play for a specific coach.
Are you kidding? Kids absolutely commit to coaches at times, but I agree we'll keep most of the class intact.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

I'd be surprised if we lost more than one....and we will gain more than we lose.

jsc8116
AG
how many ships do we have this year? Assuming Kirk leaves and we have the usual 2-3 transfers/retirements?
Post removed:
by user
Bone6
He de-committed and opened it back up. I bet our new staff will at least get a chance to talk to him.
Chosen One
Don't expect miracles, transition classes don't usually grade out very high.

With that said, I'm sure you will keep most of your top recruits. If you keep Terry Price I pretty sure you will keep Bobby Brown, Max Wright is a 100% Aggie no matter who his coach is, same goes for Ossai.

Not sure what White does.

On a positive note, Jimbo was on the short list for Waddle and now I think this might put you as the favorite to get his services. You will still have a top 12 to 15 class, but it's not likely it will be higher. The real fun for you guys will happen next year, that is where you will get the big bump in recruiting.

The tough part is the bump that Oklahoma is getting from this year, with a playoff berth and a likely Heisman winner, I think they are going to be a big player for top in state talent over the next few years.
technoviking
AG
I agree on Oklahoma. Those *******s are rolling. Can't wait for Kyler Murray to try to fill bakers shoes.

Waddle has had several CBs for the Aggies the last couple days.

Leon was a tough loss, but if he ended up being the only one I'd be okay with that.

I haven't seen any noise from the big guys yet inthis class, which makes me happy.

For real though, I know it was just a coincidence, BUT it was weird that in early October Bobby brown had an official visit to FSU and crystal balls started rolling in for a&m on the visit..

I see tommy bush and Traore have CBs to Michigan State and LSU, respectively. What happened to traore's recruitment? CBs for an unranked OL for the longhorns started coming In at the same time
Chosen One
Texas is still recruiting Traore really hard, but our oline is a dumpster fire and both us and LSU are selling him on early playing time. In the end I'm guessing he picks LSU off name recognition and a better oline coach.

Its funny because word is Shane Buschele might be the odd man out as Texas QB, but now we are trending to get Shea Patterson. Didn't even know he was eligible to leave. This is worth noting because Mississippi has 3 offensive linemen that are eligible to leave without restriction and Texas is very interested in guys that can make an impact now without taking up a recruiting slot. Sure would love to raid Ole Piss for a little of their talent, it would make up for the mass of transfers and early NFL entries.
technoviking
AG
Yes, the new NCAA sanctions allowed players to explore transfer options without waiting a year. Herman should be putting a full court press on Patterson. I had read that Harbaugh was. Patterson is way more mobile than ehlinger, and Herman appears committed to having a mobile QB. Little would be a good replacement for losing Williams.
Chosen One
As it sits right now Greg Little isn't a senior to be so if he transfers he would have to sit out a year. They have 3 linemen that will be seniors and all of them are eligible, honestly I'd be happy if Texas took all three and I'm saying that without even seeing any of them. That is how bad things are.
technoviking
AG
i gotcha. i didnt realize it was for rising seniors only + patterson. i have no idea how good those rising seniors are. anytime you can get fully physically mature big guys though is a bonus, even over highly recruited freshmen.

cade fortin dropped out for a&m.

so far that's:

leon o 'neal
cade fortin

that have decommitted.

HOWEVER.

fisher's first coaching hire was Dameyune Craig, who i gotta believe as involved in justin fields's recruitment at florida state. im skeptical that fisher could get fields to a&m if he couldn't win him at florida state, but, i appreciate the apparent direction he's taking with his first hire.
technoviking
AG
jimbo got to work with coach banks, price and j turner today to get the houston area commits to stay.

from the football board:

Max Wright:

Colten Blanton:

And Ro Simon, a trainer at FAST Houston (trains Leon O'Neal Jr and Jordan Moore, among others) hosted Coach Fisher this afternoon:

not bad for one day's work. not bad at all.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.