LSU Recruiting Class

15,349 Views | 65 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Dave Robicheaux
Aggball2010
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Won? If LSU wanted to keep Chavis LSU could have easily matched anything A&M offered. The truth is that Joe Alleva (LSU AD) did not want to pay Chavis any more than what was in the contract offer.

LSU was also not happy with Brick Haley as a DL coach but Chavis was Haley's mentor and good friend. Miles had let this be known and Chavis didn't like it. Haley had already signed his LSU contract when Chavis had not and LSU demoted Haley to a non-coaching position when Chavis announced his A&M intentions. Haley found a job at Baylor after LSU brought in Orgeron and Steele.

The point is that LSU did not choose to try to keep Chavis and wished him well. If you consider that a win then so be it. LSU will show up in Tiger Stadium and be more than ready I assure you.

How f***king retarded are you?

Haley is at sip now.., HTH, and its now obvious you don't know the basics of your topics. Why should anyone believe a thing you say otherwise?
cmurray62
Baylor or UT? Whatever. All I know is that LSU wanted Haley gone. Haley was the only coach with any loyalty to Chavis and he was flushed. What I find hillarious is the lack of impact Chavis is having on A&M recruiting while you boys swear that Chavis was such a key recruiter at LSU. Now we see that A&M got a commitment from Alton Robinson the day after LSU landed. Anthony. Both are DEs but A&M offered both while LSU only offered Anthony. Take a look at the offers for each kid for a comparison. The Chavis recruiting impact or lack of is obvious. It speaks loudly and clearly.
Heisenberg01
AG
Both these kids had Bama offers. Both are ranked nearly identical. A&M got the one from San Antonio & LSU got the one from New Orleans. To think yesterday was a referendum on Chavis lack of recruiting is idiotic.

Also, most of us attributed a bump in recruiting to Chavis keeping A&M defense ranked well below 100 nationally. That won't be seen till after the season and perhaps primarily on the '17 class. He certainly has been much better than the "liability" that everyone at LSU made him out to be.
cmurray62
Rivals does not list any Bama offer for Robinson. Anthony on the other hand had offers from damn near everybody, including A&M/Chavis.
Heisenberg01
AG
247 says he does. But you probably knew that already and are now just trolling tirelessly.
pfo
AG
Congratulations to LSU for winning where it counts the last 3 years and that's on the field. Many good coaches wear their welcome out at one school or another or move on to what they perceive is a better situation for themselves. We are thrilled to have Chevis and he knows it. LSU fans can be a very tough crowd and he probably felt the love here more than there.
Tamu_mgm
AG
wow, you lsu guys just love getting blasted huh? Y'all do it to yourselves.
Aggie_2463
AG
I think it's funny when LSU Fans beat their chest over their recruiting. They have been recruiting at an elite level for years, and guess what, they have the EXACT SAME record as we do the past three years. We put up the same record with less talent. Now, their DC who led their top 15 level defense for years is gone, and yet they still keep pumping that recruiting championship. Who cares? Your offense sucks and Les Miles doesn't turn those top elite athletes into championships. Now you have a worse gameday coach on staff, and you expect to progress? Fix that offense first, quit gloating about recruiting victories because you've been winning those, just LOSING in the SEC west on the field.
Citizen Reign
Jesus! These LSU guys are idiots. Now there saying Chavis is not all that great.

Plus, don't waste my time telling me how good of a LB coach Steele is. That has nothing to do with his ability to be successful as a DC. Steele may be fine there. Howeve, the guy has proven he is cable of s****** the bed. MANY TIMES!

One thing is for certain though, Chavis has been highly successful at UT and LSU and he will no longer but at LSU. Why? Because A&M came in a took him. Now, suddenly, we are expected to believe that LSUs defensive prowess was because of Chavis' assistants.

You do realize that there were no spots open for any of Chavis' assistants to tag along, right? A&M had three coaching openings and only one was on defense.
ragincagin
quote:
wow, you lsu guys just love getting blasted huh? Y'all do it to yourselves.
No, we just love seeing y'all talk about us every single day on all of your boards just like y'all used to do with UT. I guess that's what you do to teams you can't beat and hate bc of it. Go look at LSU boards and see how often an A&M topic is started. Guess what, it's not often bc y'all haven't won **** against LSU in forever. You want LSU fans to stop posting here quit talking and spewing bs about lsu every single day. A&M is the biggest sunshine pumpers,next year will be the year, we got screwed by the officials, it's not fair fan base in the entire country.
Heisenberg01
AG
Geaux247 currently has 4 topics with A&M in the subject line on the 1st page. 3 others were you get easily and predictably find posts about A&M and/or Chavis. But yeah, you're right, you never post about us. Moron!!!
cmurray62
Same record in the last 3 years? Why 3? Because 4 years ago LSU went 13-1 and won the SEC & played in the BCS Title game. If you factor in thst yesr suddnly A&M doesnt hsve the same record as LSU. Also, you conveniently left out the fact that A&M is 0-3 vs LSU in that same 3 year period. LSU has been thumping A&M. & will continue to do so with our idiot coach who also happens to win 80% of his games and has reached 100 wins faster than any coach in SEC history. Miles has averaged. 10 wins per season since coming to LSU 10 years ago. Miles is 5-0 vs A&M. Yes LSU recruits at an elite level and it sure as Hell didnt begin 3 years ago and didnt begin or end with John "prevent defense" Chavis. LSUs recruiting sure as Hell hasnt suffered 1 bit since Chavis got butthurt and left. LSU had no problem beating Chavis at UT and wont now that he is at A&M. Go back pickong your noses now you booger eaters We have other things to do. You see there is this city named Omaha...........
Heisenberg01
AG
It never occurred to you that 3 years ago is when A&M joined the SEC and therefore a reason he might start at 3 years. Also, Miles has only played A&M 4 times at LSU. So it is pretty impressive that he has won 5 times in 4 games. I stopped reading there, because it is obvious you are either too stupid to get facts straight or you are just like making up lies to defend your point. Stupid or a Liar, which is it?
cmurray62
Well, LSUs world doesnt revolve around A&M or when it joined the SEC. Therefore it is completely arbitrary to select a 3 year period as if it represents anything. Particularly since LSU is a charter member of the SEC and has been playing in the SEC for a long time. However, if you choose to focus on that 3 year period then the fact that A&M was 0-3 vs LSU is relevant.
pfo
AG
cmurray, I think the 3 year time frame was picked because that's when A&M joined the SEC and we started playing a very similar schedule.

Also, I lived in Louisiana when I went to A&M to become a petroleum engineer and I live in Louisiana now and have my oil and gas company based out of here. Most Aggies don't hate LSU, we appreciate y'all voting us into the SEC unanimously with all the member schools. I just went to A&M because it had the best petroleum engineering school in the world plus I didn't want to go to LSU and major in being a drunk!
AggieDruggist89
AG
LOL grown men thumping chest over their college football... a bunch of t-shirt fans for other school posting on A&M forum to feel self worthiness... quite pathetic.
AggieDruggist89
AG
pfo,

I too am from Louisiana...and hell no I wasn't going to LSU. No need for an explanation.
ragincagin
Just another big time recruit out of Texas committing to lsu today in Eric fowler. A top notch lb at that. Chsvis is killin it there.
cmurray62
T-shirt fans? That stupid terminology is not used anywhere but on thse Texas sites. All schools have fans who went to other Universities or didn't go to school at all. So what? In my case, my family has 6 LSU grauates, 2 SLU grads, 1 Rollins College grad, 1 Vanderbilt grad, & 1grad from USM THEY ARE ALL LSU FANS.
SO WHAT?
AggieDruggist89
AG
quote:
T-shirt fans? That stupid terminology is not used anywhere but on thse Texas sites. All schools have fans who went to other Universities or didn't go to school at all. So what? In my case, my family has 6 LSU grauates, 2 SLU grads, 1 Rollins College grad, 1 Vanderbilt grad, & 1grad from USM THEY ARE ALL LSU FANS.
SO WHAT?

Figured you wouldn't get it...

It all good tho. Keep thumping your chest.

I'm so proud of your family and so many college grads. That's a great accomplishment.
ckwarren33
quote:
Baylor or UT? Whatever. All I know is that LSU wanted Haley gone. Haley was the only coach with any loyalty to Chavis and he was flushed. What I find hillarious is the lack of impact Chavis is having on A&M recruiting while you boys swear that Chavis was such a key recruiter at LSU. Now we see that A&M got a commitment from Alton Robinson the day after LSU landed. Anthony. Both are DEs but A&M offered both while LSU only offered Anthony. Take a look at the offers for each kid for a comparison. The Chavis recruiting impact or lack of is obvious. It speaks loudly and clearly.
Now you are just blowin' cow manure. There was no issue with Haley @ LSU. . . until Chavis left. There was no issue with Chavis @ LSU . . . until Chavis left. You see what the catalyst was for issues? Butthurt over Chavis leaving.

Your program is successfully recruiting off its defensive record plus some 'talented' recruiters. I'll look forward to revisiting this with you after 6 games of the season. I think we'll see an Aggie defense that has discovered how to play, while LSU performance declines somewhat.

And Chavis has brought A&M some incremental success on the recruiting trail. But he wasnt hired to recruit, either. We went down that path with the last batch of coaches, and we scored a great deal of Dline talent at a time we didnt have any depth or plus talent at the position. It was great to rack up those recruiting victories. . . Right up until they went to go play on the field and we couldn't figure out why they weren't developing. . .
ckwarren33
quote:
Just another big time recruit out of Texas committing to lsu today in Eric fowler. A top notch lb at that. Chsvis is killin it there.
Is snake hunting season on hold for you these days? Your love for trash-talk suggests you very closely identify with trash .
cc10106
Is there a program that is set up better for recruiting than LSU? You'd have to be a bonehead not to be able to pull in great classes there. Yes, they have plenty competition from other programs outside of Louisiana, but there is too much talent in that state for them to get all of it anyway.
Poodlebrain
quote:
Is there a program that is set up better for recruiting than LSU? You'd have to be a bonehead not to be able to pull in great classes there. Yes, they have plenty competition from other programs outside of Louisiana, but there is too much talent in that state for them to get all of it anyway.

How About Georgia? They are in a state with over two and one-half times the population of Louisiana, and the only in state competition is Georgia Tech who doesn't have close to the resources Georgia has. I believe Georgia is the biggest underachiever in college football.

LSU will always recruit well in Louisiana, but that is seldom enough to compete for championships in the SEC, so LSU has to recruit well outside of Louisiana to be successful. The distribution of talent among the various positions in Louisiana is rarely sufficient to build a complete team. LSU needs to recruit out of state to fill in the missing pieces. Because of the strong in state recruiting LSU is able to focus its attention on fewer players than most other schools so it can recruit specific players more intensely. I think that is one of the keys to LSU's success in cherry picking high profile recruits from out of state, especially Texas.
cmurray62
Uga? The classic "Wait Until Next Year" team. Always think they are better than they actually are. Regarding recruiting, the current Uga roster has 32 players from outside Georgia. LSU has 37 players from outside Louisiana on its' current roster. It looks like Richt is doing a Hell of a lot of recruiting outside Georgia. Any school should always try to recruit the best players from wherever they can get them.
Ft Worth Ag
AG
quote:
You Ags apparently think that the only coach at LSU was Chavis. Well he wasn't. I also ask you this. If Chavis was/is so great then how many coaches left LSU to come coach with him? ANSWER is NONE. The entire defensive staff with the exception of Brick Haley (ended up at Baylor) signed contracts and stayed at LSU. LSU got rid of Haley for Orgeron and the rest of the staff is still in Baton Rouge.

Regarding Steele, y'all continually talk about how terrible the man is because of a game in the Orange Bowl where the offense gave up 4 Turnovers which led to 28 points against Clemson including a fumble by Clemson at the 1 yard line which was returned 99 yards for a TD. That is 4 TD's that the defense had nothing to do with. The fact is that the Clemson offense was as responsible for the results in that game as anyone but y'all can continue to talk propaganda in the finest A&M fashion which we have come to know and expect. The truth about Steele is that he is recognized as being on of the best LB coaches in the country. Look at the development of Bama LBs under Steele for proof. I will also say that Steele was good enough for Saban to hire not once but TWICE. He was also recognized as one of Bama's best recruiters just as Chavis was recognized as not recruiting at LSU. Go back to your predictions of LSU's demise now. We are here, will be here and are waiting.

You may want to check on somethings:

1. The LSU defensive position coaches had already signed their new contracts before the start of bowl season. Doubtful any were going to leave BR.
2. The only loss on the Aggie defensive side was the DC with whom Chavis replaced. With Chavis coming on board and to also be the LB position coach, our DL coach became the DE coach and the old LB coach the DT coach. Even if wanted a position coach from LSU, there was no space available for him.
3. The disdain and projections for failure regarding Steele have little to do with his body of work at Clemson but his utter colossal screw up as Baylor's head coach. The flub in the bowl game was more of a "told you so".
WGann3
AG
This thread is mind-blowing in so many ways. But how did no one call out ragincagin for this bit of misuse of the word retorting while trying to insult the A&M education?

quote:
With that great aggie education you would think you could have a conversation or debate without retorting to name calling. That's generally what idiots do when they have no grounds to stand on and are fighting a losing battle.
FrontPorchAg
quote:
Wow impressive, y'all took a LB out of Tennessee with no Tennessee offer. Only other big offers were Arkansas and maybe Mizzou.
I'll take Mizzou's evaluation on him seeing they beat UT evey year since they joined the SEC
El Nino in Londontown
AG
quote:

He isn't going to qualify.
El Nino in Londontown
AG
quote:
SO WHAT?

LOL. You're a t shirt fan? I wish I wouldn't have wasted my time responding to your Fowler post. Grauates? LMAO. I bet you are the one that went to SLU.
ABATTBQ11
AG
quote:
I am not as worried about stars. We have plenty of talent. A mix of 3/4 stars with a few players like Mack and Garrett is fine.

What Chavis has done is develop talent. Ags have been awful at that for years know. Notice we keep playing young guys each year, our defense never seems to get older.

Lsu has and will be stacked with talent. Their quality of coach has dropped off some though. Time will tel if Steele can get the job done with that talent or not.

To be entirely fair, we lost a lot of players from the 2012 defense, were forced to pay a lot of freshmen in 2013, and then lost, what, 2-3 starters from 2013 over the summer and lost Hilliard in game 1? Even with that, our defense last year wouldn't have been so bad if the offense we're more more efficient. When I look at our games last year year, I put the Mississippi state and ole miss losses squarely on the offense because of not sustaining drives and turning the ball over.
Dave Robicheaux
AG
quote:
For a down year, it is looking pretty salty.

Especially compared to ours.

What gives?
A monopoly in recruiting in the state of LA.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.