Question regarding general seating tickets

1,227 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 10 days ago by sirhc
jetescamilla
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but my family is coming to the Austin area for a family reunion in October. We live up in Alaska and haven't been back to Texas in a few years, so we're planning to make a day trip to College Station for the October 18 game against Auburn.

My kids are 12 and 13 and have been playing volleyball for the past two years through their middle school teams and our local parks and rec leagues. They absolutely love it. Somewhere along the way I also got them hooked on watching A&M, and following the team all the way to the national championship was pretty perfect timing. Now that we'll actually be close enough to catch a match in person, we're all really excited.

I'm looking at tickets on the A&M website, and all I'm seeing is general admission. How does GA seating work for volleyball? If we want to get fairly close to the court, how early would you recommend getting there?

Are there any ways to get reserved or courtside seats for a single match, or are those mostly season-ticket seats?
Coming from Alaska, we don't get many opportunities to attend sporting events in a venue like this, so this will be a pretty big deal for the kids. I'd love to get them as close to the action as reasonably possible.

Any advice from the regulars would be greatly appreciated!
flintdragon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just get GA tickets and get their early to claim a spot. Reserved section is one side only so you can choose the ends or squeeze in with the college students on the other side.

Many on here will give away reserved tickets but you'll be limited due to size of family.
KLB93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Doors open an hour ahead of the match. All sections are GA except 102-109. The North entrance is near section 101.

Depending on crowd you may also be able to maneuver into better, empty seats but there really aren't any bad seats. I recommend being able to see/watch the student sections (opposite of reserved section) they really get into it. You will also be able to see the Hullabaloo Band and dance team.

Enjoy!
HCliver82
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have 4 season tickets that I can make available
jetescamilla
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
HCliver82 said:

I have 4 season tickets that I can make available


That'd be great if that's an option! I'll gladly compensate you back for the tickets. I no longer have a paid account here so PM isn't an option. Feel free to email or text me: (edited to remove contact info after communication)

For everyone else, thank you for the responses. We're really looking forward to watching some volleyball action live.
sirhc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Are the courtside seats at the ends still GA?

-signed a GA season ticket holder
Look Out Below
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I don't believe the ones on the court are any more. I considered buying those when I got my season tickets.
KLB93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm pretty sure GA doesn't let you hang out in floor seats with Trev.
smason13
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Do you need a ticket for an infant like you do with football games?
KLB93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I would reach out to the ticket office to check. I "think" no.
LB12MEEN
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have GA seats. The nice black leather seats are not GA. A few of them were last season for the first two post season games but not this season.
Gig ‘Em Baby!
sirhc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
2 and under do not need a seat if in GA
Refresh
Page 1 of 1
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.