NEW COVID STRAIN

1,908 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by trnrmom
trnrmom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Both hubby and I have tested positive for the latest virus strain. We both are in our 70's, he has a heart valve and 2 stents and I've got a compromised immune system having crohns/uc all my life, but in remission since 2002. Neither of us have fever; he came home from golf w/sore throat and tested positive w/old covid at-home test and next day I tested positive; we both were prescribed paxlovid but i hesitate to take it because of the various side effects and i don't want it upsetting my gut w/diarrhea so I've opted to use ivermectin and to increase vitamins c, d, zinc, quercitin, nyquill/dayquill, coldeze and in 1 day I feel almost back to normal. I know we have to quarantine for 5 days with this strain. What if we test positive after those 5 days? Can we return to our lives of golf/going to gym?
we
JOHN2010
AG
W
WoMD
Just like with all the other strains, if you're feeling ok, you can resume your normal life and enjoy the time you have without fear. Don't test again.
01agtx
AG
You don't have to quarantine. Treat it like any other virus. If you are fever free for 24 hours, consider yourself good.
trnrmom
trnrmom
Hubby and I never had a fever with this new strain; his blood pressure was a little high, which I believe is a side effect of Paxlovid and I took another 36 mg of ivermectin this am. We are heading to the grocery store and resuming our lifestyle and I just hope I don't get additional long-haul symptoms which I have been struggling with since we got the original December 2020 but I can still work out every day which makes me a grateful hauler. Thanks for your input
75AG
AG
Just got back a 20 day Mediterranean cruise. Started feeling like crap (chills, tiredness, sore throat) on Friday. No pharmacy will dispense Paxlovid without an Rx from a doc, and of course all S&W docs are off until Monday. And they don't diagnose COVID virtually. So, I'll see how I'm doing in the morning and head over to their walk-in clinic, probably expose a few people, and get an Rx.

Up to date on COVID vaccines (5) so hopefully it will be mild and over soon.
trnrmom
hubby and i tested at home and came up positive; we live in az. and are with honor health; honor health said he had to go to urgent care and not one of their offices and he was not tested again at e.r. but paxlovid was called into walgreens. a day or 2 later i had a video call from a dr. at honor health; not my pcp but i did ask about ivermectin and she smiled and said she couldn't discuss it. she called in paxlovid to walgreens and i picked it up but used ivermectin instead. our lives are back to `normal' tho on some level i hope i don't get any additional long haul symptoms as i've been dealing with a few of them since the 2020 exposure. won't get anymore vaccines or boosters. hubby agrees. good luck on your recovery.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.